Free Agent Talk

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Scoots1994
Veteran
And1: 432

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1781 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:03 pm

mos_def wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:I saw a trade of a re-signed Oubre that was interesting.

Oubre re-signs for the $20M per he wants and is traded to the Heat for a player they have fallen out of love with and a filler contract ... Herro and Iguodala. To get that done it may require a sweetener, I don't think it would be the Minny first.

Iguodala would then either play a little or accept a sweet deal buyout and Herro potentially changes the Warriors draft priorities.

I may be missing the obvious, but how does Tyler herro change our draft priority? It would give us a hell of a backcourt bench

Just that shooting would be less of a priority.
Scoots1994
Veteran

Post#1782 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

Oubre re-signs for the $20M per he wants and is traded to the Heat for a player they have fallen out of love with and a filler contract ... Herro and Iguodala. To get that done it may require a sweetener, I don't think it would be the Minny first.

Iguodala would then either play a little or accept a sweet deal buyout and Herro potentially changes the Warriors draft priorities.

That's a great trade for the Warriors. There's no way that's something Miami is interested in.

The basis is that there are some in the Heat organization who are DONE with Herro, and they want to get something for him (Oubre and a future pick?).
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#1783 » by mos_def » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
mos_def wrote:

I may be missing the obvious, but how does Tyler herro change our draft priority? It would give us a hell of a backcourt bench

Just that shooting would be less of a priority.

I would take the trade since Im getting something in return. As much as I ragged on Oubre this year, replacing his superficial production is still needed for points and boards. Herro is a combo guard. He isnt a shooter but he can score
Scoots1994
Veteran

Post#1784 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm

I love that Lakers agent Rich Paul was caught calling the Lakers "us". I just wish it would lead to an NBA investigation and rules changes. When players know that if you want to play for the Lakers the best way to do it is to sign with him as your agent.
GunnerWRX
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#1785 » by GunnerWRX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 pm

The Heat are more likely to not pick up Iguodala's (and Dragic's) options and go for Oubre directly. They still decide on how to deal with Oladipo though. I really don't think they will give up on Herro, who looked like he was going to be Klay #2 the season before.

On the flip side Iguodala and Dragic etc might be available for MLE. Our tax payer MLE is small though - slightly below $6m.

The picture will be clearer after the playoffs - especially if the Clippers and Bucks get eliminated early and ugly. Lots of good vets will become available.
Scoots1994
Veteran

Post#1786 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:03 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:The Heat are more likely to not pick up Iguodala's (and Dragic's) options and go for Oubre directly. They still decide on how to deal with Oladipo though. I really don't think they will give up on Herro, who looked like he was going to be Klay #2 the season before.

On the flip side Iguodala and Dragic etc might be available for MLE. Our tax payer MLE is small though - slightly below $6m.

The picture will be clearer after the playoffs - especially if the Clippers and Bucks get eliminated early and ugly. Lots of good vets will become available.

Yeah, Iguodala I think may retire.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,647

Post#1787 » by xdrta+ » Yesterday 11:21 pm

Anybody like Avery Bradley anymore? Looks like the Rockets will decline his TO, he might be had for the MLE or a piece of it. He's been injured and will be 31 next season but looks to be recovered.

Return to Golden State Warriors