Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1781 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:03 pm

mos_def wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:I saw a trade of a re-signed Oubre that was interesting.

Oubre re-signs for the $20M per he wants and is traded to the Heat for a player they have fallen out of love with and a filler contract ... Herro and Iguodala. To get that done it may require a sweetener, I don't think it would be the Minny first.

Iguodala would then either play a little or accept a sweet deal buyout and Herro potentially changes the Warriors draft priorities.

I may be missing the obvious, but how does Tyler herro change our draft priority? It would give us a hell of a backcourt bench

Just that shooting would be less of a priority.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1782 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

Oubre re-signs for the $20M per he wants and is traded to the Heat for a player they have fallen out of love with and a filler contract ... Herro and Iguodala. To get that done it may require a sweetener, I don't think it would be the Minny first.

Iguodala would then either play a little or accept a sweet deal buyout and Herro potentially changes the Warriors draft priorities.

That's a great trade for the Warriors. There's no way that's something Miami is interested in.

The basis is that there are some in the Heat organization who are DONE with Herro, and they want to get something for him (Oubre and a future pick?).
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#1783 » by mos_def » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:07 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
mos_def wrote:

I may be missing the obvious, but how does Tyler herro change our draft priority? It would give us a hell of a backcourt bench

Just that shooting would be less of a priority.

I would take the trade since Im getting something in return. As much as I ragged on Oubre this year, replacing his superficial production is still needed for points and boards. Herro is a combo guard. He isnt a shooter but he can score
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1784 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm

I love that Lakers agent Rich Paul was caught calling the Lakers "us". I just wish it would lead to an NBA investigation and rules changes. When players know that if you want to play for the Lakers the best way to do it is to sign with him as your agent.
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,292

Post#1785 » by GunnerWRX » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:41 pm

The Heat are more likely to not pick up Iguodala's (and Dragic's) options and go for Oubre directly. They still decide on how to deal with Oladipo though. I really don't think they will give up on Herro, who looked like he was going to be Klay #2 the season before.

On the flip side Iguodala and Dragic etc might be available for MLE. Our tax payer MLE is small though - slightly below $6m.

The picture will be clearer after the playoffs - especially if the Clippers and Bucks get eliminated early and ugly. Lots of good vets will become available.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1786 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:03 pm

GunnerWRX wrote:The Heat are more likely to not pick up Iguodala's (and Dragic's) options and go for Oubre directly. They still decide on how to deal with Oladipo though. I really don't think they will give up on Herro, who looked like he was going to be Klay #2 the season before.

On the flip side Iguodala and Dragic etc might be available for MLE. Our tax payer MLE is small though - slightly below $6m.

The picture will be clearer after the playoffs - especially if the Clippers and Bucks get eliminated early and ugly. Lots of good vets will become available.

Yeah, Iguodala I think may retire.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#1787 » by xdrta+ » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:21 pm

Anybody like Avery Bradley anymore? Looks like the Rockets will decline his TO, he might be had for the MLE or a piece of it. He's been injured and will be 31 next season but looks to be recovered.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1788 » by Kuya » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:27 am

Derrick Rose, Iguodala and Paul Millsap - bring in all 3
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1789 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:33 pm

Kuya wrote:Derrick Rose, Iguodala and Paul Millsap - bring in all 3

Iguodala and Millsap are not likely to take vet min deals for limited minutes.

Rose is likely wanting more money and more PT.
TrueFan420
Senior
And1: 431

Post#1790 » by TrueFan420 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:20 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

Iggy might to come back and have one final season to retire as a Warrior.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1791 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:44 pm

TrueFan420 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I think he'll want to retire as a Warrior, but I think if he signs another player contract he'll want more money than the vet min.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#1792 » by mos_def » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Im in for bringing in any vet for the MLE
TrueFan420
Senior
And1: 431

Post#1793 » by TrueFan420 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
TrueFan420 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I think he'll want to retire as a Warrior, but I think if he signs another player contract he'll want more money than the vet min.

Probably but idk if he will get that from us. It wouldn’t make sense.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#1794 » by watch1958 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:36 am

Lots of decent point guard candidates. Maybe one will get frozen out and need a one year deal.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1795 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:43 am

watch1958 wrote:Lots of decent point guard candidates. Maybe one will get frozen out and need a one year deal.

Doesn't seem to be all that much out there to me.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#1796 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:52 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
watch1958 wrote:Lots of decent point guard candidates. Maybe one will get frozen out and need a one year deal.

I was liking the idea of Reggie Jackson but he is probably playing himself into too big of a contract instead of the vet MLE.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1797 » by Commodor » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:10 am

Even if he’s almost got nothing left in the tank I’d love to get Marc Gasol in as our third C. Could really help develop some of the finer points of Wiseman’s game and he seems to be a good overall teammate.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1798 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:40 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I was liking the idea of Reggie Jackson but he is probably playing himself into too big of a contract instead of the vet MLE.

You mean the vet minimum? Or the TPMLE?

Reggie seems a lot like Poole ... a good passing scoring guard.

He's better that Poole this last year, not sure he stays better if Poole keeps getting better, and not sure he fits the "playmaker" idea they were talking about.

Reggie may take the min though and he's better than Wannamaker.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,894

Post#1799 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:07 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

You mean the vet minimum? Or the TPMLE?

Reggie seems a lot like Poole ... a good passing scoring guard.

He's better that Poole this last year, not sure he stays better if Poole keeps getting better, and not sure he fits the "playmaker" idea they were talking about.

Reggie may take the min though and he's better than Wannamaker.

uh yeah, I got my wires crossed. I originally wanted him on the vet minimum but I now think he might fetch the TPMLE with the way he is playing in the playoffs.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1800 » by FNQ » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:58 am

I'd rather pull one from the 2nd round (draft is deep with them) and then take either a veteran flier again, or give the reins to Poole.. or some 2-part combination of the above 3.

I'm definitely against drafting one in the 1st, because we'd be drafting a projected long-term backup with a lottery pick, and aside from the top 4, its pretty thin at the top. Mitchell and Giddey are the names most commonly thrown around. Mitchell's real small, kinda old for a prospect, and doesnt have a long-term body of work. Giddey has great vision, but as guys like Rubio have shown, great vision isn't enough for a PG in today's game. And he's even a borderline elite defender.. simply put, you have to be able to credibly shoot as a PG, otherwise the odds are long that you're an NBA starter

I hope our FA focus is on a C honestly.. we used to make due with guys that were nearly out of the league, like Zaza and McGee. Find a big that can board/dunk/set screens, and we should be fine. We're only looking to fill a 15mpg slot there.

Ideally Id love to bring in Nerlens Noel. Huge defensive impact last year, but his offensive impact was nil. I think that was more a product of his team's offensive style than anything. If you can even make that a net neutral, he's a find

Return to Golden State Warriors