ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 55,249

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1561 » by clyde21 » Sun May 2, 2021 12:47 am

and1GS wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
and1GS wrote:I mean KPJ did get kicked off his original team for throwing a hissy fit due to his locker being moved. So IDK if it's really fair to blame Myers for that one.

im confused...that'd exactly when Myers should've pulled the trigger.
I get what you're saying. Why not just take the risk if our bench is this bad? But he pissed away all of last season and got kicked off the Cavs - a team he really should have been getting minutes with - for disciplinary reasons. It's fair for a team to be cautious about that type of player. Especially given he would compete directly with Poole for minutes, who already showed promise and was a known quantity.

I get not being a fan of Myers, I'm not thrilled with his work lately either, but this is an odd hill to die on.

i am not dying on any hill, it's just more evidence in a long line of evidences that Myers is not on it, KPJ was essentially a free trial, and the idea that we shouldn't have done it just to give Poole more minutes is crazy to me. is KPJ takes Poole minutes it means he would have been better than Poole, period. it's not like we'd be giving Poole's minutes to some 38 year old.
#BLM #FREEPALESTINE
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 1,628
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves

Post#1562 » by and1GS » Sun May 2, 2021 3:28 am

clyde21 wrote:
and1GS wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
im confused...that'd exactly when Myers should've pulled the trigger.
I get what you're saying. Why not just take the risk if our bench is this bad? But he pissed away all of last season and got kicked off the Cavs - a team he really should have been getting minutes with - for disciplinary reasons. It's fair for a team to be cautious about that type of player. Especially given he would compete directly with Poole for minutes, who already showed promise and was a known quantity.

I get not being a fan of Myers, I'm not thrilled with his work lately either, but this is an odd hill to die on.

i am not dying on any hill, it's just more evidence in a long line of evidences that Myers is not on it, KPJ was essentially a free trial, and the idea that we shouldn't have done it just to give Poole more minutes is crazy to me. is KPJ takes Poole minutes it means he would have been better than Poole, period. it's not like we'd be giving Poole's minutes to some 38 year old.

The reason not to do it was his long history of character concerns, including one that got him kicked off a crap team that could have used him.

Another reason is Poole and the duplicative skillset. But that's more of a by the way flag than a key reason. Do you really think a guy pissed that Garland and Sexton were getting time in front of him would have been a model citizen fighting for scraps with Poole? He's benefitting from free reign he would not have here. Good for KPJ, but he wouldn't have that opportunity here.

If you want to use this as more fuel on the Myers funeral pyre, go for it. But by your logic he should be adding every 1-2 year player that becomes available as a 'free trial.' and every time he is unable to do that, it is an indictment on him. That just seems a bit off to me.
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
wco81
RealGM
And1: 4,991

Post#1563 » by wco81 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:51 am

Lonzo not looking so good.

Guess he doesn't shoot consistently well enough or the Pels would have a better record.

Maybe about the same as Oubre, more effort on defense, better passing but not as consistent a shooter.

Not that KO is a consistent shooter either.

Return to Golden State Warriors