ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,187

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1561 » by clyde21 » Sun May 2, 2021 12:47 am

and1GS wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
and1GS wrote:I mean KPJ did get kicked off his original team for throwing a hissy fit due to his locker being moved. So IDK if it's really fair to blame Myers for that one.

im confused...that'd exactly when Myers should've pulled the trigger.
I get what you're saying. Why not just take the risk if our bench is this bad? But he pissed away all of last season and got kicked off the Cavs - a team he really should have been getting minutes with - for disciplinary reasons. It's fair for a team to be cautious about that type of player. Especially given he would compete directly with Poole for minutes, who already showed promise and was a known quantity.

I get not being a fan of Myers, I'm not thrilled with his work lately either, but this is an odd hill to die on.

i am not dying on any hill, it's just more evidence in a long line of evidences that Myers is not on it, KPJ was essentially a free trial, and the idea that we shouldn't have done it just to give Poole more minutes is crazy to me. is KPJ takes Poole minutes it means he would have been better than Poole, period. it's not like we'd be giving Poole's minutes to some 38 year old.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1562 » by and1GS » Sun May 2, 2021 3:28 am

clyde21 wrote:
and1GS wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
im confused...that'd exactly when Myers should've pulled the trigger.
I get what you're saying. Why not just take the risk if our bench is this bad? But he pissed away all of last season and got kicked off the Cavs - a team he really should have been getting minutes with - for disciplinary reasons. It's fair for a team to be cautious about that type of player. Especially given he would compete directly with Poole for minutes, who already showed promise and was a known quantity.

I get not being a fan of Myers, I'm not thrilled with his work lately either, but this is an odd hill to die on.

i am not dying on any hill, it's just more evidence in a long line of evidences that Myers is not on it, KPJ was essentially a free trial, and the idea that we shouldn't have done it just to give Poole more minutes is crazy to me. is KPJ takes Poole minutes it means he would have been better than Poole, period. it's not like we'd be giving Poole's minutes to some 38 year old.

The reason not to do it was his long history of character concerns, including one that got him kicked off a crap team that could have used him.

Another reason is Poole and the duplicative skillset. But that's more of a by the way flag than a key reason. Do you really think a guy pissed that Garland and Sexton were getting time in front of him would have been a model citizen fighting for scraps with Poole? He's benefitting from free reign he would not have here. Good for KPJ, but he wouldn't have that opportunity here.

If you want to use this as more fuel on the Myers funeral pyre, go for it. But by your logic he should be adding every 1-2 year player that becomes available as a 'free trial.' and every time he is unable to do that, it is an indictment on him. That just seems a bit off to me.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#1563 » by wco81 » Tue May 4, 2021 1:51 am

Lonzo not looking so good.

Guess he doesn't shoot consistently well enough or the Pels would have a better record.

Maybe about the same as Oubre, more effort on defense, better passing but not as consistent a shooter.

Not that KO is a consistent shooter either.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#1564 » by Upperclass » Mon May 10, 2021 2:44 pm

Warriors should offer Minn their pick back along with the Warriors first or Wiseman and a resigned Oubre for KAT. Minn can then move DLO elsewhere (bulls?) and the Warriors can flip Wiggins to ATL for Gallinari or Bogdan (unlikely), Miami for Duncan Robinson etc etc. Just find a better fit with a player who can scale their performance more based on their level of care.. which Wiggins usually has none
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,144

Post#1565 » by TB » Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 pm

wco81 wrote:Lonzo not looking so good.

Guess he doesn't shoot consistently well enough or the Pels would have a better record.

Maybe about the same as Oubre, more effort on defense, better passing but not as consistent a shooter.

Not that KO is a consistent shooter either.

The big difference with Lonzo is he is a pass first player and defends. Passing might be the best attribute for a Steph teammate, because the gameplan should literally be for every player to always know "where is steph and does he have a shot better than mine right now". The space Steph creates should have every possession end in a Steph shot or a wide open shot for someone else. Anything else and bad decisions were made.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,215

Post#1566 » by wco81 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:40 pm

Well Lonzo shot a lot better in the second game and he even made a few big shots off the dribble in that second game vs. Warriors in the last few minutes of the game and then in the game at Charlotte.

He's shooting 37.5% from 3 on 8.4 attempts out of 12.8 total attempts.

So with Zion attacking the rim, he has spacing to launch a lot of 3s.

NO probably needs him but they paid Ingram already, so they're going to make Zion, Ingram and Lonzo their big 3?

Except the team is barely in contention for the play-in spot. Maybe a different coach gets a lot more out of that core.

But they'd probably need to move Ingram to justify giving Lonzo a big extension.

I'd be surprised if Lonzo doesn't expect at least $20 million a year extension.

They got Stephen Adams making $17 million a year for the next two seasons after this one. They got Hart as a RFA and he plays almost 29 minutes a game for them.

They're going to have to max out Zion in 2023-24 so they have a couple of years. Probably will want to choose whether to keep Ingram or Lonzo long term.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,934

Post#1567 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:37 pm

This is the best trade to make IMO.

GSW need depth so it stops looking like a G-league team out there, they need to replace a player getting too much money with players that fill that role and more. The more includes a big screen setting C, another playmaker and a bench wing to fill Iggy's role. There is a trade that can achieve all of this.

Memphis get Wiggins+Wiseman+Paschall+Poole
Ja, Allen, Wiggins, JJJ, Wiseman -- Tyus, Poole, Bane, Paschall, Clarke, Tillman

GSW get Valanciunas+Brooks+Melton+Anderson
Curry, Klay, Brooks, Green, Valanciunas -- Melton, Lee, Bazemore, Anderson, Looney

Wiseman is the best talent to come from Tennessee since Oscar and Penny. The hometown kid would be good in Memphis and he would fit nice with JJJ and Ja once developed.

Brooks puts up similar numbers to Wiggins before he went to GSW and they are the same age. Valanciunas provides a big screen, roll and post player. Melton can play off ball and on meaning he can be in starting lineup or lead the bench. Anderson is one of the closest players to Iggy in terms of size, IQ, playmaking and defense. Warriors new small ball: Curry, Melton, Klay, Anderson, Green
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1568 » by and1GS » Tue May 11, 2021 12:47 am

So trade our 3 best young guys, including two starters, for Jonas and some solid depth? Sorry man, I can't get behind that. Even if you vehemently hate James and believe he will only get worse from here, I'm not sure how you can view him as sweetener to offload Wiggins'--a very good player for us--deal. If the selling point is 'Brooks is just as **** with Memphis as Wiggins was with Minny so why can't we turn around his entire career too' then I think that's a big leap of faith. We got pretty lucky with Andrew.

Don't we have the same record as the Grizz? Why are we swapping half our rotation for half of theirs?

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1569 » by xdrta+ » Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 am

and1GS wrote:So trade our 3 best young guys, including two starters, for Jonas and some solid depth? Sorry man, I can't get behind that. Even if you vehemently hate James and believe he will only get worse from here, I'm not sure how you can view him as sweetener to offload Wiggins'--a very good player for us--deal. If the selling point is 'Brooks is just as **** with Memphis as Wiggins was with Minny so why can't we turn around his entire career too' then I think that's a big leap of faith. We got pretty lucky with Andrew.

Don't we have the same record as the Grizz? Why are we swapping half our rotation for half of theirs?

I have to say, I don't understand the obsession some people have with getting rid of Wiggins. He's grown on me.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1570 » by zimpy27 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:46 am

and1GS wrote:So trade our 3 best young guys, including two starters, for Jonas and some solid depth? Sorry man, I can't get behind that. Even if you vehemently hate James and believe he will only get worse from here, I'm not sure how you can view him as sweetener to offload Wiggins'--a very good player for us--deal. If the selling point is 'Brooks is just as **** with Memphis as Wiggins was with Minny so why can't we turn around his entire career too' then I think that's a big leap of faith. We got pretty lucky with Andrew.

Yes a team without Curry+Green is as good as you guys and that's a lot due to Valanciunas+Anderson+Melton
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1571 » by and1GS » Tue May 11, 2021 6:46 am

xdrta+ wrote:

I have to say, I don't understand the obsession some people have with getting rid of Wiggins. He's grown on me.
He's a really useful player. As useful as Jonas. Maybe more. And in that deal we are basically just shedding his contract. Doesn't make sense to me.

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Post#1572 » by Jester_ » Tue May 11, 2021 12:45 pm

zimpy27 wrote:This is the best trade to make IMO.

GSW need depth so it stops looking like a G-league team out there, they need to replace a player getting too much money with players that fill that role and more. The more includes a big screen setting C, another playmaker and a bench wing to fill Iggy's role. There is a trade that can achieve all of this.

Ja, Allen, Wiggins, JJJ, Wiseman -- Tyus, Poole, Bane, Paschall, Clarke, Tillman

Curry, Klay, Brooks, Green, Valanciunas -- Melton, Lee, Bazemore, Anderson, Looney

Wiseman is the best talent to come from Tennessee since Oscar and Penny. The hometown kid would be good in Memphis and he would fit nice with JJJ and Ja once developed.

Brooks puts up similar numbers to Wiggins before he went to GSW and they are the same age. Valanciunas provides a big screen, roll and post player. Melton can play off ball and on meaning he can be in starting lineup or lead the bench. Anderson is one of the closest players to Iggy in terms of size, IQ, playmaking and defense. Warriors new small ball: Curry, Melton, Klay, Anderson, Green

This is a completely lateral move which cripples any future upside
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,372

Post#1573 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:26 pm

This is like a fanfic thread.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#1574 » by watch1958 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:57 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:This is like a fanfic thread.
Just like back in the Cohan days.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#1575 » by killmongrel » Wed May 12, 2021 9:15 pm

zimpy27 wrote:This is the best trade to make IMO.

Yeah, this is a bad trade for the Warriors. Rather keep Wiggins since he's been great this year for the Warriors and can see him even being better next to a healthy Klay. Wiseman, for all his issues, still has a lot of upside and if he's traded, I would like to think it gets GS a better deal. Paschall doesn't have much value in a trade though. But trading Poole as well just makes this deal even less appealing. So it's gonna be an easy pass for GS.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1576 » by Commodor » Fri May 14, 2021 6:02 am

zimpy27 wrote:

Yes a team without Curry+Green is as good as you guys and that's a lot due to Valanciunas+Anderson+Melton

If JJJ and Ja are the half of Memphis coming back I’m very interested. Those are the real pieces.

You’re not getting wiseman unless a real asset comes back and no, that doesn’t mean attach the GSW 24’ on top of the original bad trade.

I don’t see Memphis and GSW making any moves together involving Wiseman or the MIN pick.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1577 » by zimpy27 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:17 am

Commodor wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

If JJJ and Ja are the half of Memphis coming back I’m very interested. Those are the real pieces.

You’re not getting wiseman unless a real asset comes back and no, that doesn’t mean attach the GSW 24’ on top of the original bad trade.

I don’t see Memphis and GSW making any moves together involving Wiseman or the MIN pick.

Yeah they are the big assets but your not giving up Curry to get them are you?

It's important to try be objective with your assets. Wiggins is a negative asset and if Wiseman doesn't significantly improve next season then he might be viewed that way as well.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#1578 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri May 14, 2021 1:41 pm

I agree with zimpy27. Wiggins is still a negative asset, and Wiseman is on his way to becoming one as well.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#1579 » by Eric Bieniemy » Fri May 14, 2021 1:48 pm

The clear target for me is Otto Porter Jr. He fulfills the combo/3&D forward role they hoped Oubre would fill.

They also need a seasoned starting center and an offensive bigman off the bench like Bobby Portis.

Porter and Portis would be my top priorities. After that, in order of importance, the Warriors need 20 minute veteran, defensive starting center, they need an offensive, shooting wing off the bench, and a tall defensively elite backup PG, who can play with both Curry and Thompson (in the mold of Livingston).
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,255

Post#1580 » by Onus » Fri May 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Even if Wiggins is seen as a negative asset why would we trade him for depth, when we would have a massive hole at the 3?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors