ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

Mob Byers
Sophomore
Posts: 111
And1: 56
Joined: Apr 22, 2021
   

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1601 » by Mob Byers » Wed May 19, 2021 7:57 pm

If we can get Suggs or Green no chance we trade. You guys are stuck on this BS of trading all young assets for Jaylen Brown or Beal or whoever tomorrow brings must not remember how this team was built. The remaining core of Curry/Klay/Green/Looney were built thru the draft. I know the KD thing messed up a lot of peoples perception of this team but c'mon man.

It's rare teams like us get a chance to have these young assets while keeping core players together like this. But its how you build for the next championship run. MAYBE you go all in if a player like AD is available but that isn't the case with the players I've seen mentioned.

Poole/Minny Pick/Jessup/Our pick/Wiseman is the future.
Image
TB
Head Coach
Posts: 7,250
And1: 329
Joined: Mar 11, 2007

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1602 » by TB » Wed May 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Mob Byers wrote:If we can get Suggs or Green no chance we trade. You guys are stuck on this BS of trading all young assets for Jaylen Brown or Beal or whoever tomorrow brings must not remember how this team was built. The remaining core of Curry/Klay/Green/Looney were built thru the draft. I know the KD thing messed up a lot of peoples perception of this team but c'mon man.

It's rare teams like us get a chance to have these young assets while keeping core players together like this. But its how you build for the next championship run. MAYBE you go all in if a player like AD is available but that isn't the case with the players I've seen mentioned.

Poole/Minny Pick/Jessup/Our pick/Wiseman is the future.


And what if that Minny pick or our 17th don't get an all-star? That is a very likely scenario. I'm not sure that is a lock in setting up a perennial playoff team post steph/dray.

Also not saying it wouldn't get you an all-star level player. Which is why that path has potential.

But if Brown, Beal, Simmons or someone like that is available for all those "future" pieces, we know for a fact that is adding a current all-star to Steph/Klay/Dray while they may only have a few years left at all-star levels.

No wrong answer, and I don't think either plan should be seen as a path not worth looking into.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,043
And1: 5,153
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1603 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 19, 2021 9:27 pm

TB wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:If we can get Suggs or Green no chance we trade. You guys are stuck on this BS of trading all young assets for Jaylen Brown or Beal or whoever tomorrow brings must not remember how this team was built. The remaining core of Curry/Klay/Green/Looney were built thru the draft. I know the KD thing messed up a lot of peoples perception of this team but c'mon man.

It's rare teams like us get a chance to have these young assets while keeping core players together like this. But its how you build for the next championship run. MAYBE you go all in if a player like AD is available but that isn't the case with the players I've seen mentioned.

Poole/Minny Pick/Jessup/Our pick/Wiseman is the future.


And what if that Minny pick or our 17th don't get an all-star? That is a very likely scenario. I'm not sure that is a lock in setting up a perennial playoff team post steph/dray.

Also not saying it wouldn't get you an all-star level player. Which is why that path has potential.

But if Brown, Beal, Simmons or someone like that is available for all those "future" pieces, we know for a fact that is adding a current all-star to Steph/Klay/Dray while they may only have a few years left at all-star levels.

No wrong answer, and I don't think either plan should be seen as a path not worth looking into.


Yeah, I really like Green and if they land the 4th pick it would be hard to trade it unless it bring back a star. I don't want Beal but Simmons and Brown would be tempting.
User avatar
GSWFan1994
Senior
Posts: 712
And1: 789
Joined: Oct 31, 2006
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1604 » by GSWFan1994 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:49 pm

Mob Byers wrote:If we can get Suggs or Green no chance we trade. You guys are stuck on this BS of trading all young assets for Jaylen Brown or Beal or whoever tomorrow brings must not remember how this team was built. The remaining core of Curry/Klay/Green/Looney were built thru the draft. I know the KD thing messed up a lot of peoples perception of this team but c'mon man.

It's rare teams like us get a chance to have these young assets while keeping core players together like this. But its how you build for the next championship run. MAYBE you go all in if a player like AD is available but that isn't the case with the players I've seen mentioned.

Poole/Minny Pick/Jessup/Our pick/Wiseman is the future.


I absolutely agree with you.

I don't like these "let's throw everything we got for an All-Star" trades.

Then 1 of our core guys gets hurt at the wrong time and we're depleted, with no depth and no potential to develop on sight.

You only go all-in if you get a surefire top 5/10 player in return. To do this for Beal is one thing, to do it for Giannis is another.
wco81
RealGM
Posts: 13,373
And1: 5,140
Joined: Jul 04, 2013
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1605 » by wco81 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Not that Boston would use this to trade Brown but Tatum's stats without Brown are higher than his overall averages when Brown hasn't played.

Probably more a function of your turn, my turn offense but if he puts up more shots instead of deferring on more possessions to Brown, Tatum gets more shots and delivers.

So will that lead the Celtics to trade Brown? Not without demanding a King's Ransom, since we're talking about Ainge here.

But if they don't progress as a team after reaching the ECF a couple of times in recent years, maybe they are more willing to shake things up.

Especially as extensions for Smart and then Brown come up over the next year or two.
User avatar
flaco
Freshman
Posts: 75
And1: 41
Joined: Apr 27, 2020

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1606 » by flaco » Sat May 22, 2021 6:53 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
TB wrote:Would Boston listen to a trade of:

Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, minny pick, our 1st
for
Brown, Smart, Williams

Steph / Smart
Klay / Poole
Brown / Baze
Dray / JTA
Looney / Williams


I really like Brown, but Smart is way over-valued. That's a big over-pay from the Warriors I think. The picks are the real killer on that deal.

Celtics fan here. Imo, it's the exact opposite: a big overpay from the Celtics. Go figure! :biggrin:

I really don't see why we would trade Brown. He's a terrific 2-way player who's on a team-friendly contract till 2024. The only trade I'd actively pursue would be a draft-night deal for Cade Cunningham + salary filler(s). Thing is, most lotto teams (if not all of them) would rather have Cade over Brown. The Warriors might be an exception, but the Minny pick is top 3 protected. Chances are Cade will go #1.

Wiseman is a valuable asset, but he'd be a bad fit in our defensive system. The Celtics are built around 2 versatile (s)wings in Tatum and Brown. We wanna maximize their effectiveness on both sides of the ball, hence we run a switch-heavy defensive scheme. Wiseman is better suited in a drop scheme. I bet we'd rather have a big who can play D on the perimeter. Someone in the mold of Daniel Theis, only better.

I view Wiggins as a negative asset because of his contract. I also think he'd be a terrible fit on the Celtics. Last thing we need is a score-first wing who'd be taking shots away from Tatum and Brown.
Old_Blue
Senior
Posts: 639
And1: 168
Joined: Jul 02, 2019
         

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1607 » by Old_Blue » Mon May 24, 2021 8:37 am

I was messing around with the NBA Trade Machine and came up with an interesting three team trade scenario...

Warriors send Wiggins, Wiseman and picks to Washington

Washington sends Robin Lopez to the Warriors and Bradley Beal to the Clippers

The Clippers send Paul George to the Warriors
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,556
And1: 1,709
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1608 » by and1GS » Tue May 25, 2021 2:20 am

Old_Blue wrote:I was messing around with the NBA Trade Machine and came up with an interesting three team trade scenario...

Warriors send Wiggins, Wiseman and picks to Washington

Washington sends Robin Lopez to the Warriors and Bradley Beal to the Clippers

The Clippers send Paul George to the Warriors


Image
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Eric Bieniemy
Ballboy
Posts: 41
And1: 3
Joined: May 11, 2021

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1609 » by Eric Bieniemy » Tue May 25, 2021 2:40 pm

If one believes in going all-in for winning, this team needs ALL vets in the rotation.

I don't see any rotational role for a youngin' next year.
User avatar
and1GS
RealGM
Posts: 23,556
And1: 1,709
Joined: Nov 12, 2008
Location: home of 3x champs + supporter of all-time weakest moves
   

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1610 » by and1GS » Tue May 25, 2021 5:04 pm

flaco wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
TB wrote:Would Boston listen to a trade of:

Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, minny pick, our 1st
for
Brown, Smart, Williams

Steph / Smart
Klay / Poole
Brown / Baze
Dray / JTA
Looney / Williams


I really like Brown, but Smart is way over-valued. That's a big over-pay from the Warriors I think. The picks are the real killer on that deal.

Celtics fan here. Imo, it's the exact opposite: a big overpay from the Celtics. Go figure! :biggrin:

I really don't see why we would trade Brown. He's a terrific 2-way player who's on a team-friendly contract till 2024. The only trade I'd actively pursue would be a draft-night deal for Cade Cunningham + salary filler(s). Thing is, most lotto teams (if not all of them) would rather have Cade over Brown. The Warriors might be an exception, but the Minny pick is top 3 protected. Chances are Cade will go #1.

Wiseman is a valuable asset, but he'd be a bad fit in our defensive system. The Celtics are built around 2 versatile (s)wings in Tatum and Brown. We wanna maximize their effectiveness on both sides of the ball, hence we run a switch-heavy defensive scheme. Wiseman is better suited in a drop scheme. I bet we'd rather have a big who can play D on the perimeter. Someone in the mold of Daniel Theis, only better.

I view Wiggins as a negative asset because of his contract. I also think he'd be a terrible fit on the Celtics. Last thing we need is a score-first wing who'd be taking shots away from Tatum and Brown.


Agree that is a massive overpay for Boston and I'm not sure why a hopeful contender would want to start a youth movement when their core is already exactly what you'd want (two smart, young, rangey wings).
Topher wrote:Do I seem mad? I’m about to make love to my wife so I deff ain’t mad.

Quazza wrote:ALL FUTURE ERECTIONS WILL BE NAMED KEVIN FOR BEING SUCH A STAND UP GUY
Commodor
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,942
And1: 281
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1611 » by Commodor » Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 am

Alright book it.

All our young assets for all of LAC’s vets.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
#5
#14
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

With a wink wink nudge nudge Kawhi stats long term
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 881
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1612 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 am

Commodor wrote:Alright book it.

All our young assets for all of LAC’s vets.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
#5
#14
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

With a wink wink nudge nudge Kawhi stats long term
Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.
Commodor
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,942
And1: 281
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1613 » by Commodor » Wed May 26, 2021 6:01 am

killmongrel wrote:
Commodor wrote:Alright book it.

All our young assets for all of LAC’s vets.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
#5
#14
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

With a wink wink nudge nudge Kawhi stats long term
Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.


Have we established that sending out a S&T hard caps the trading team?

I know if we receive the signed player it’s a hardcap.
User avatar
whatisacenter
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,043
And1: 5,153
Joined: Aug 05, 2013
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1614 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 26, 2021 6:05 am

Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Commodor wrote:Alright book it.

All our young assets for all of LAC’s vets.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
#5
#14
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

With a wink wink nudge nudge Kawhi stats long term
Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.


Have we established that sending out a S&T hard caps the trading team?

I know if we receive the signed player it’s a hardcap.


Yeah, I'm with you, pretty sure the team receiving the S&T player gets hard capped and not the team sending out said player.
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 881
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1615 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:11 am

Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Commodor wrote:Alright book it.

All our young assets for all of LAC’s vets.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
#5
#14
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

With a wink wink nudge nudge Kawhi stats long term
Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.


Have we established that sending out a S&T hard caps the trading team?

I know if we receive the signed player it’s a hardcap.
I am almost certain that the Warriors would get hardcapped if they sign and trade a player and receive salary in the deal.
ahmetmekin
Senior
Posts: 591
And1: 304
Joined: Apr 21, 2018
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1616 » by ahmetmekin » Wed May 26, 2021 6:18 am

killmongrel wrote:
Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote: Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.


Have we established that sending out a S&T hard caps the trading team?

I know if we receive the signed player it’s a hardcap.
I am almost certain that the Warriors would get hardcapped if they sign and trade a player and receive salary in the deal.

"After a sign-and-trade deal, the signing team will be “hard-capped” at the total of the then-current Salary Cap Year plus the Tax Apron Amount." is the only hard cap rule that I find regarding s&t.
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 881
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1617 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:20 am

ahmetmekin wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Commodor wrote:
Have we established that sending out a S&T hard caps the trading team?

I know if we receive the signed player it’s a hardcap.
I am almost certain that the Warriors would get hardcapped if they sign and trade a player and receive salary in the deal.

"After a sign-and-trade deal, the signing team will be “hard-capped” at the total of the then-current Salary Cap Year plus the Tax Apron Amount." is the only hard cap rule that I find regarding s&t.
That sounds like it would hardcap us if we did a sign and trade with Oubre where we get a player back in the deal. If we send Ourbe out for assets for example, it wouldn't hardcap us.
Commodor
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,942
And1: 281
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
     

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1618 » by Commodor » Wed May 26, 2021 6:24 am

killmongrel wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:
killmongrel wrote: I am almost certain that the Warriors would get hardcapped if they sign and trade a player and receive salary in the deal.

"After a sign-and-trade deal, the signing team will be “hard-capped” at the total of the then-current Salary Cap Year plus the Tax Apron Amount." is the only hard cap rule that I find regarding s&t.
That sounds like it would hardcap us if we did a sign and trade with Oubre where we get a player back in the deal. If we send Ourbe out for assets for example, it wouldn't hardcap us.


Okay so my trade is on the premise that we won’t get hard capped.

But I agree even without the card cap financially it may though to bring back those 3.

Morris & PG I added as an asset to the clips because they’d be off the hook for their salaries during their new timeline.

Could see Bev or Rondo be eligible for that also without needing the Oubre aspect.

In any form though Kawhi coming to the dubs.
killmongrel
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,943
And1: 881
Joined: Sep 18, 2018
 

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1619 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:32 am

Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:"After a sign-and-trade deal, the signing team will be “hard-capped” at the total of the then-current Salary Cap Year plus the Tax Apron Amount." is the only hard cap rule that I find regarding s&t.
That sounds like it would hardcap us if we did a sign and trade with Oubre where we get a player back in the deal. If we send Ourbe out for assets for example, it wouldn't hardcap us.


Okay so my trade is on the premise that we won’t get hard capped.

But I agree even without the card cap financially it may though to bring back those 3.

Morris & PG I added as an asset to the clips because they’d be off the hook for their salaries during their new timeline.

Could see Bev or Rondo be eligible for that also without needing the Oubre aspect.

In any form though Kawhi coming to the dubs.
So Kawhi, George, and Morris would be at 92m. We wouldn't have the salaries to send out unless we included Klay in the deal. Sorry if I misunderstood your post. But yeah, it's not possible to try to extract all those players. It's basically Kawhi or George and maybe other players with lower salaries.
xdrta+
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,236
And1: 3,645
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1620 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 am

If the Warriors sign and trade Oubre they would not be hard-capped. Whoever received him, in this case the Clippers, would be hard-capped, but not the Warriors.

Return to Golden State Warriors