ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1601 » by Mob Byers » Wed May 19, 2021 7:57 pm

If we can get Suggs or Green no chance we trade. You guys are stuck on this BS of trading all young assets for Jaylen Brown or Beal or whoever tomorrow brings must not remember how this team was built. The remaining core of Curry/Klay/Green/Looney were built thru the draft. I know the KD thing messed up a lot of peoples perception of this team but c'mon man.

It's rare teams like us get a chance to have these young assets while keeping core players together like this. But its how you build for the next championship run. MAYBE you go all in if a player like AD is available but that isn't the case with the players I've seen mentioned.

Poole/Minny Pick/Jessup/Our pick/Wiseman is the future.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#1602 » by TB » Wed May 19, 2021 8:12 pm

Mob Byers wrote:If we can get Suggs or Green no chance we trade. You guys are stuck on this BS of trading all young assets for Jaylen Brown or Beal or whoever tomorrow brings must not remember how this team was built. The remaining core of Curry/Klay/Green/Looney were built thru the draft. I know the KD thing messed up a lot of peoples perception of this team but c'mon man.

It's rare teams like us get a chance to have these young assets while keeping core players together like this. But its how you build for the next championship run. MAYBE you go all in if a player like AD is available but that isn't the case with the players I've seen mentioned.

And what if that Minny pick or our 17th don't get an all-star? That is a very likely scenario. I'm not sure that is a lock in setting up a perennial playoff team post steph/dray.

Also not saying it wouldn't get you an all-star level player. Which is why that path has potential.

But if Brown, Beal, Simmons or someone like that is available for all those "future" pieces, we know for a fact that is adding a current all-star to Steph/Klay/Dray while they may only have a few years left at all-star levels.

No wrong answer, and I don't think either plan should be seen as a path not worth looking into.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#1603 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 19, 2021 9:27 pm

TB wrote:
Mob Byers wrote:If we can get Suggs or Green no chance we trade. You guys are stuck on this BS of trading all young assets for Jaylen Brown or Beal or whoever tomorrow brings must not remember how this team was built. The remaining core of Curry/Klay/Green/Looney were built thru the draft. I know the KD thing messed up a lot of peoples perception of this team but c'mon man.

And what if that Minny pick or our 17th don't get an all-star? That is a very likely scenario. I'm not sure that is a lock in setting up a perennial playoff team post steph/dray.

Also not saying it wouldn't get you an all-star level player. Which is why that path has potential.

But if Brown, Beal, Simmons or someone like that is available for all those "future" pieces, we know for a fact that is adding a current all-star to Steph/Klay/Dray while they may only have a few years left at all-star levels.

No wrong answer, and I don't think either plan should be seen as a path not worth looking into.

Yeah, I really like Green and if they land the 4th pick it would be hard to trade it unless it bring back a star. I don't want Beal but Simmons and Brown would be tempting.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,106

Post#1604 » by GSWFan1994 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:49 pm

I absolutely agree with you.

I don't like these "let's throw everything we got for an All-Star" trades.

Then 1 of our core guys gets hurt at the wrong time and we're depleted, with no depth and no potential to develop on sight.

You only go all-in if you get a surefire top 5/10 player in return. To do this for Beal is one thing, to do it for Giannis is another.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#1605 » by wco81 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Not that Boston would use this to trade Brown but Tatum's stats without Brown are higher than his overall averages when Brown hasn't played.

Probably more a function of your turn, my turn offense but if he puts up more shots instead of deferring on more possessions to Brown, Tatum gets more shots and delivers.

So will that lead the Celtics to trade Brown? Not without demanding a King's Ransom, since we're talking about Ainge here.

But if they don't progress as a team after reaching the ECF a couple of times in recent years, maybe they are more willing to shake things up.

Especially as extensions for Smart and then Brown come up over the next year or two.
flaco
Starter
And1: 839

Post#1606 » by flaco » Sat May 22, 2021 6:53 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
TB wrote:Would Boston listen to a trade of:

Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, minny pick, our 1st
for
Brown, Smart, Williams

Steph / Smart
Klay / Poole
Brown / Baze
Dray / JTA
Looney / Williams

I really like Brown, but Smart is way over-valued. That's a big over-pay from the Warriors I think. The picks are the real killer on that deal.

Celtics fan here. Imo, it's the exact opposite: a big overpay from the Celtics. Go figure! :biggrin:

I really don't see why we would trade Brown. He's a terrific 2-way player who's on a team-friendly contract till 2024. The only trade I'd actively pursue would be a draft-night deal for Cade Cunningham + salary filler(s). Thing is, most lotto teams (if not all of them) would rather have Cade over Brown. The Warriors might be an exception, but the Minny pick is top 3 protected. Chances are Cade will go #1.

Wiseman is a valuable asset, but he'd be a bad fit in our defensive system. The Celtics are built around 2 versatile (s)wings in Tatum and Brown. We wanna maximize their effectiveness on both sides of the ball, hence we run a switch-heavy defensive scheme. Wiseman is better suited in a drop scheme. I bet we'd rather have a big who can play D on the perimeter. Someone in the mold of Daniel Theis, only better.

I view Wiggins as a negative asset because of his contract. I also think he'd be a terrible fit on the Celtics. Last thing we need is a score-first wing who'd be taking shots away from Tatum and Brown.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#1607 » by Old_Blue » Mon May 24, 2021 8:37 am

I was messing around with the NBA Trade Machine and came up with an interesting three team trade scenario...

Warriors send Wiggins, Wiseman and picks to Washington

Washington sends Robin Lopez to the Warriors and Bradley Beal to the Clippers

The Clippers send Paul George to the Warriors
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1608 » by and1GS » Tue May 25, 2021 2:20 am

Old_Blue wrote:I was messing around with the NBA Trade Machine and came up with an interesting three team trade scenario...

Warriors send Wiggins, Wiseman and picks to Washington

Washington sends Robin Lopez to the Warriors and Bradley Beal to the Clippers

The Clippers send Paul George to the Warriors

"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#1609 » by Eric Bieniemy » Tue May 25, 2021 2:40 pm

If one believes in going all-in for winning, this team needs ALL vets in the rotation.

I don't see any rotational role for a youngin' next year.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1610 » by and1GS » Tue May 25, 2021 5:04 pm

flaco wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
TB wrote:Would Boston listen to a trade of:

Wiggins, Wiseman, Paschall, minny pick, our 1st
for
Brown, Smart, Williams

Steph / Smart
Klay / Poole
Brown / Baze
Dray / JTA
Looney / Williams

I really like Brown, but Smart is way over-valued. That's a big over-pay from the Warriors I think. The picks are the real killer on that deal.

Celtics fan here. Imo, it's the exact opposite: a big overpay from the Celtics. Go figure! :biggrin:

I really don't see why we would trade Brown. He's a terrific 2-way player who's on a team-friendly contract till 2024. The only trade I'd actively pursue would be a draft-night deal for Cade Cunningham + salary filler(s). Thing is, most lotto teams (if not all of them) would rather have Cade over Brown. The Warriors might be an exception, but the Minny pick is top 3 protected. Chances are Cade will go #1.

Wiseman is a valuable asset, but he'd be a bad fit in our defensive system. The Celtics are built around 2 versatile (s)wings in Tatum and Brown. We wanna maximize their effectiveness on both sides of the ball, hence we run a switch-heavy defensive scheme. Wiseman is better suited in a drop scheme. I bet we'd rather have a big who can play D on the perimeter. Someone in the mold of Daniel Theis, only better.

I view Wiggins as a negative asset because of his contract. I also think he'd be a terrible fit on the Celtics. Last thing we need is a score-first wing who'd be taking shots away from Tatum and Brown.

Agree that is a massive overpay for Boston and I'm not sure why a hopeful contender would want to start a youth movement when their core is already exactly what you'd want (two smart, young, rangey wings).
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#1611 » by Commodor » Wed May 26, 2021 5:41 am

Alright book it.

All our young assets for all of LAC’s vets.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

With a wink wink nudge nudge Kawhi stats long term
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#1612 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 am

Commodor wrote:Alright book it.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.
Commodor
Analyst

Post#1613 » by Commodor » Wed May 26, 2021 6:01 am

killmongrel wrote:

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.

Have we established that sending out a S&T hard caps the trading team?

I know if we receive the signed player it’s a hardcap.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#1614 » by whatisacenter » Wed May 26, 2021 6:05 am

Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

Yeah, I'm with you, pretty sure the team receiving the S&T player gets hard capped and not the team sending out said player.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#1615 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:11 am

Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

I am almost certain that the Warriors would get hardcapped if they sign and trade a player and receive salary in the deal.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#1616 » by ahmetmekin » Wed May 26, 2021 6:18 am

killmongrel wrote:
Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote: Won't work. Signing and trading Oubre triggers the hardcap. With Steph, Klay's, Draymond's, Looney's salaries at a total of about 105m, how much room do we have left to stay under the apron? Because it definitely isn't enough to fit Kawhi's, George's, and Morris salaries. This could have worked had the Warriors traded Oubre for a player with a contract that went into next season. But they didn't do that.

I am almost certain that the Warriors would get hardcapped if they sign and trade a player and receive salary in the deal.

"After a sign-and-trade deal, the signing team will be “hard-capped” at the total of the then-current Salary Cap Year plus the Tax Apron Amount." is the only hard cap rule that I find regarding s&t.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#1617 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:20 am

ahmetmekin wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
Commodor wrote:

"After a sign-and-trade deal, the signing team will be “hard-capped” at the total of the then-current Salary Cap Year plus the Tax Apron Amount." is the only hard cap rule that I find regarding s&t.
That sounds like it would hardcap us if we did a sign and trade with Oubre where we get a player back in the deal. If we send Ourbe out for assets for example, it wouldn't hardcap us.
Commodor
Analyst

Post#1618 » by Commodor » Wed May 26, 2021 6:24 am

killmongrel wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:
killmongrel wrote: I am almost certain that the Warriors would get hardcapped if they sign and trade a player and receive salary in the deal.

That sounds like it would hardcap us if we did a sign and trade with Oubre where we get a player back in the deal. If we send Ourbe out for assets for example, it wouldn't hardcap us.

Okay so my trade is on the premise that we won’t get hard capped.

But I agree even without the card cap financially it may though to bring back those 3.

Morris & PG I added as an asset to the clips because they’d be off the hook for their salaries during their new timeline.

Could see Bev or Rondo be eligible for that also without needing the Oubre aspect.

In any form though Kawhi coming to the dubs.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#1619 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:32 am

Commodor wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
ahmetmekin wrote:"After a sign-and-trade deal, the signing team will be “hard-capped” at the total of the then-current Salary Cap Year plus the Tax Apron Amount." is the only hard cap rule that I find regarding s&t.

Okay so my trade is on the premise that we won’t get hard capped.

But I agree even without the card cap financially it may though to bring back those 3.

Morris & PG I added as an asset to the clips because they’d be off the hook for their salaries during their new timeline.

Could see Bev or Rondo be eligible for that also without needing the Oubre aspect.

In any form though Kawhi coming to the dubs.
So Kawhi, George, and Morris would be at 92m. We wouldn't have the salaries to send out unless we included Klay in the deal. Sorry if I misunderstood your post. But yeah, it's not possible to try to extract all those players. It's basically Kawhi or George and maybe other players with lower salaries.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#1620 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 am

If the Warriors sign and trade Oubre they would not be hard-capped. Whoever received him, in this case the Clippers, would be hard-capped, but not the Warriors.

Return to Golden State Warriors