ImageImageImageImageImage

WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1

Moderators: floppymoose, Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair

northoakland510
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,254
And1: 368
Joined: Sep 03, 2007

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#361 » by northoakland510 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:19 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Once he got suspended and then opted out, I followed his stuff through social media. Also listened and watched his interviews with Schmidt and especially the one with Woj. That one was telling. Then Woj reported on the Miami workout early on. And at that time the Warriors front office people weren’t mentioned. But that stuff leaked out later.

But I first really paid attention to him in a high school all star game. I happened to watch the whole game back then and he was clearly the best player on the floor hands down. And it was with most of the elite prospects going into college. He dominated and did things guys his size don’t do. And the jumper had such a nice arc and was fluid, albeit a bit slow.

The thought of us being in position to draft him wasn’t even a thought at that time. After our crap season the intensity of wanting us to draft him was at a fever pitch for me.....and I apologize to all of those people I either offended, or made sick with all my hot takes lol


Do you have the link for that game? I do not watch a lot of college, but knowing the team would be in the lottery I started to pay attention. At first Edwards was the guy, but I didn't see anything all that special. When I saw Wiseman I was intrigued and started following his IG and youtube. I was sold on the kid and knew the Warriors could get the big man that has always been coveted.
Samurai
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,100
And1: 1,913
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
     

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#362 » by Samurai » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:10 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:I watched Evan Mobley over the weekend...he was 0-0 with zero points but impacted the game like Draymond does...he made the right basketball play on every possession...I haven't seen Wiseman make the right play once on offense yet this season...people tell me that will change with coaching...we'll see...


You are so dumb sometimes.....I mean a lot


He may have a point Mylie. Clearly, in this delicious clip, the right play was to not push the ball forward with a fabulous court eating run, pass it forward to the wingman to make a decision on, drive hard to basket whilst making it known he was available for a juicy lob, and then to smash it on the defenders head for an And1.

Read on Twitter

Yes, Wiseman made the right play here and executed it perfectly. But I was also impressed that Oubre actually made the lob pass when Wiseman signaled for it. When the season first began, I'm convinced that Oubre would have ignored it and tried to finish the play on his own. The fact that Oubre a) recognized Wiseman calling for the lob and b) was willing and able to execute the pass, shows a little welcomed progress on Oubre's part as well as Wiseman's development.

Really excited to see Wiseman's development unfold in front of us.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,314
And1: 241
Joined: Jan 28, 2014

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#363 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:16 pm

One thing I noticed about Wiseman these first couple of games is he's very even tempered. Even when he got that Giannis block/breakaway dunk against Detroit, he didn't celebrate after the play -- and there have been plenty of plays where he could have celebrated already.

And his lack of emotions isn't a sign of not caring -- if anything, you can see him get down on himself when he doesn't make the right play or fouls. There's no correct way for a player to carry himself -- Dray works well as an emotional leader -- but I like how Wiseman carries himself on the court, particularly as a rookie with a lot to learn.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,314
And1: 9,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#364 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:20 pm

Looking for something Draymond said the other day. He said that if Wiseman is the last line of defense, he needs to be really vocal back there. I want to see/hear that.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
northoakland510
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,254
And1: 368
Joined: Sep 03, 2007

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#365 » by northoakland510 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:03 pm

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:One thing I noticed about Wiseman these first couple of games is he's very even tempered. Even when he got that Giannis block/breakaway dunk against Detroit, he didn't celebrate after the play -- and there have been plenty of plays where he could have celebrated already.

And his lack of emotions isn't a sign of not caring -- if anything, you can see him get down on himself when he doesn't make the right play or fouls. There's no correct way for a player to carry himself -- Dray works well as an emotional leader -- but I like how Wiseman carries himself on the court, particularly as a rookie with a lot to learn.


My favorite player Tim Duncan was pretty even tempered, lets hope Wiseman can get anywhere near that level.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,314
And1: 9,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#366 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:05 pm

Would love to eventually see Wiseman take a trick from Duncan and start going glass. A left hander who can use the glass effectively is almost unstoppable
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 41,215
And1: 10,584
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#367 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:15 am

Mylie10 wrote:Would love to eventually see Wiseman take a trick from Duncan and start going glass. A left hander who can use the glass effectively is almost unstoppable


Could he be effective off the glass though? The guys that have been effective off the glass like Duncan, Pippen, Kawhi and even Westbrook is good at it, all kind of had a line drive shot with not much arc. Jimmy's shot release is really high and his elbow comes right up above his head, I'm not sure he'd have the form to really utilise the bank. His shot form is kind of slow too. I may be wrong.
FNQ wrote:Kelly Oubre Underperformance Award goes to Kelly Oubre

Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
mos_def
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,561
And1: 218
Joined: Jan 30, 2006
     

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#368 » by mos_def » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:27 am

northoakland510 wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:One thing I noticed about Wiseman these first couple of games is he's very even tempered. Even when he got that Giannis block/breakaway dunk against Detroit, he didn't celebrate after the play -- and there have been plenty of plays where he could have celebrated already.

And his lack of emotions isn't a sign of not caring -- if anything, you can see him get down on himself when he doesn't make the right play or fouls. There's no correct way for a player to carry himself -- Dray works well as an emotional leader -- but I like how Wiseman carries himself on the court, particularly as a rookie with a lot to learn.


My favorite player Tim Duncan was pretty even tempered, lets hope Wiseman can get anywhere near that level.

???
Duncan? Some big names are being thrown out for Wiseman. Garnett, sheed, Giannis. I hope so. I remember I saw embiid in college and I said olajuwon. Never said that about oden tho
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 52,101
And1: 14,182
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
     

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#369 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:53 am

mos_def wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:One thing I noticed about Wiseman these first couple of games is he's very even tempered. Even when he got that Giannis block/breakaway dunk against Detroit, he didn't celebrate after the play -- and there have been plenty of plays where he could have celebrated already.

And his lack of emotions isn't a sign of not caring -- if anything, you can see him get down on himself when he doesn't make the right play or fouls. There's no correct way for a player to carry himself -- Dray works well as an emotional leader -- but I like how Wiseman carries himself on the court, particularly as a rookie with a lot to learn.


My favorite player Tim Duncan was pretty even tempered, lets hope Wiseman can get anywhere near that level.

???
Duncan? Some big names are being thrown out for Wiseman. Garnett, sheed, Giannis. I hope so. I remember I saw embiid in college and I said olajuwon. Never said that about oden tho


Man Rasheed's no big name, what a dishonor to KG/Giannis/Duncan to have that polka-dot headed guy in the same breath :D

I likened Wiseman to Bosh a bit but really, I have trouble finding an overall accurate comparison.. hopefully in 10 years there will be draft prospects likened to James Wiseman and we'll be saying "Thats so disrespectful to Wiseman"

He's a unique big guy with an upwards pointing arrow, but we have no idea what the finished product will look like.. maybe after a good offseason he stripes 3s like Channing Frye and blocks shots like Gobert.. who knows
User avatar
Quazza
Head Coach
Posts: 6,387
And1: 1,403
Joined: Jul 04, 2008
 

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#370 » by Quazza » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:05 am

Wiseman jersey ordered ....

Image
KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Little Digger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,837
And1: 2,702
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
 

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#371 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:38 am

My goal is to still be alive when Wiseman retires..odds are way against me but that’s fine..Everything in life is a challenge

Watching all these league pass games tonight , the clippers -George are not nearly as talented as the warriors -Klay..I may be a raging homer though ..

Wiseman is the game changer
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
Posts: 11,531
And1: 2,222
Joined: May 28, 2004

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#372 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:43 am

Little Digger wrote:My goal is to still be alive when Wiseman retires..odds are way against me but that’s fine..Everything in life is a challenge

Watching all these league pass games tonight , the clippers -George are not nearly as talented as the warriors -Klay..I may be a raging homer though ..

Wiseman is the game changer


Amen :)

If Wiseman truly turns out to be a franchise center....We continue to witness the best 15 year run in Warriors history...
We could legitimately see 2-3 more chips if he turns out that good.
Looking forward to 2073....bye bye pouting moody Durant...hello again the 73 win style of hoops!
SF_Warriors
Head Coach
Posts: 6,456
And1: 3,164
Joined: Jul 12, 2012

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#373 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:19 am

northoakland510 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Once he got suspended and then opted out, I followed his stuff through social media. Also listened and watched his interviews with Schmidt and especially the one with Woj. That one was telling. Then Woj reported on the Miami workout early on. And at that time the Warriors front office people weren’t mentioned. But that stuff leaked out later.

But I first really paid attention to him in a high school all star game. I happened to watch the whole game back then and he was clearly the best player on the floor hands down. And it was with most of the elite prospects going into college. He dominated and did things guys his size don’t do. And the jumper had such a nice arc and was fluid, albeit a bit slow.

The thought of us being in position to draft him wasn’t even a thought at that time. After our crap season the intensity of wanting us to draft him was at a fever pitch for me.....and I apologize to all of those people I either offended, or made sick with all my hot takes lol


Do you have the link for that game? I do not watch a lot of college, but knowing the team would be in the lottery I started to pay attention. At first Edwards was the guy, but I didn't see anything all that special. When I saw Wiseman I was intrigued and started following his IG and youtube. I was sold on the kid and knew the Warriors could get the big man that has always been coveted.


Its on youtube, the full game..too lazy to provide the link right now but if you search it shouldnt be too hard to find.
northoakland510
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,254
And1: 368
Joined: Sep 03, 2007

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#374 » by northoakland510 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:30 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Once he got suspended and then opted out, I followed his stuff through social media. Also listened and watched his interviews with Schmidt and especially the one with Woj. That one was telling. Then Woj reported on the Miami workout early on. And at that time the Warriors front office people weren’t mentioned. But that stuff leaked out later.

But I first really paid attention to him in a high school all star game. I happened to watch the whole game back then and he was clearly the best player on the floor hands down. And it was with most of the elite prospects going into college. He dominated and did things guys his size don’t do. And the jumper had such a nice arc and was fluid, albeit a bit slow.

The thought of us being in position to draft him wasn’t even a thought at that time. After our crap season the intensity of wanting us to draft him was at a fever pitch for me.....and I apologize to all of those people I either offended, or made sick with all my hot takes lol


Do you have the link for that game? I do not watch a lot of college, but knowing the team would be in the lottery I started to pay attention. At first Edwards was the guy, but I didn't see anything all that special. When I saw Wiseman I was intrigued and started following his IG and youtube. I was sold on the kid and knew the Warriors could get the big man that has always been coveted.


Its on youtube, the full game..too lazy to provide the link right now but if you search it shouldnt be too hard to find.


What I find funny is that in his highlight tapes you see him pass, handle and shoot the ball and they still said he couldn't do those things.
Little Digger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,837
And1: 2,702
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
 

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#375 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:28 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,837
And1: 2,702
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
 

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#376 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:16 pm

"Wiseman, he's doing a fantastic job and it's gonna take him time to get used to everything but I've got a few friends that are coaches there still and they tell me that he's the real deal," Bogut said Tuesday on KNBR's "Mark Willard Show." "He's gonna be a fantastic player."


"That system's a unique system to play in as a young fella," Bogut said. "It's a hard one to adjust to, especially for a young guy like that. It's probably the opposite of what you've been taught as a big guy at times because everything is set up to get a ton of 3s up and you have to have a high basketball IQ to know where Steph, and once Klay's back, and where all these guys like to shoot from.

"He's learning on the fly from what I hear. He's got a body that you can't teach, his wingspan is way above average, he's athletic, he can protect the rim, he can handle the ball -- I think he's got all the tools and from what I understand, he's just got to catch up on all the NBA terminology and the way that all goes. Once that all clicks for him, he'll be a very important cog for that roster."
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
User avatar
Mylie10
RealGM
Posts: 40,314
And1: 9,278
Joined: Sep 16, 2005
Location: * Chokers! *
Contact:
     

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#377 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:54 pm

Nice!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
User avatar
Senchu
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,677
And1: 323
Joined: Sep 03, 2009

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#378 » by Senchu » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:27 pm

"Floor AD" brings so much excitement that I am back to waking up at 5am to catch Warriors games
ahmetmekin
Junior
Posts: 383
And1: 216
Joined: Apr 21, 2018
 

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#379 » by ahmetmekin » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:31 pm

Senchu wrote:"Floor AD" brings so much excitement that I am back to waking up at 5am to catch Warriors games

It is 4 am for me. **** painful man.
User avatar
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 52,101
And1: 14,182
Joined: Jul 16, 2006
Location: Parts Unknown
     

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#380 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:47 pm

Little Digger wrote:"Wiseman, he's doing a fantastic job and it's gonna take him time to get used to everything but I've got a few friends that are coaches there still and they tell me that he's the real deal," Bogut said Tuesday on KNBR's "Mark Willard Show." "He's gonna be a fantastic player."


"That system's a unique system to play in as a young fella," Bogut said. "It's a hard one to adjust to, especially for a young guy like that. It's probably the opposite of what you've been taught as a big guy at times because everything is set up to get a ton of 3s up and you have to have a high basketball IQ to know where Steph, and once Klay's back, and where all these guys like to shoot from.

"He's learning on the fly from what I hear. He's got a body that you can't teach, his wingspan is way above average, he's athletic, he can protect the rim, he can handle the ball -- I think he's got all the tools and from what I understand, he's just got to catch up on all the NBA terminology and the way that all goes. Once that all clicks for him, he'll be a very important cog for that roster."


Literally every smart defender is gushing about a kid who played 3 games in college.. we hit one out of the park here

Return to Golden State Warriors