ImageImageImageImageImage

WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Re: WISEMAN EXPECTATIONS: Year 1 

Post#361 » by northoakland510 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:19 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Once he got suspended and then opted out, I followed his stuff through social media. Also listened and watched his interviews with Schmidt and especially the one with Woj. That one was telling. Then Woj reported on the Miami workout early on. And at that time the Warriors front office people weren’t mentioned. But that stuff leaked out later.

But I first really paid attention to him in a high school all star game. I happened to watch the whole game back then and he was clearly the best player on the floor hands down. And it was with most of the elite prospects going into college. He dominated and did things guys his size don’t do. And the jumper had such a nice arc and was fluid, albeit a bit slow.

The thought of us being in position to draft him wasn’t even a thought at that time. After our crap season the intensity of wanting us to draft him was at a fever pitch for me.....and I apologize to all of those people I either offended, or made sick with all my hot takes lol

Do you have the link for that game? I do not watch a lot of college, but knowing the team would be in the lottery I started to pay attention. At first Edwards was the guy, but I didn't see anything all that special. When I saw Wiseman I was intrigued and started following his IG and youtube. I was sold on the kid and knew the Warriors could get the big man that has always been coveted.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#362 » by Samurai » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:10 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Mav_Carter wrote:I watched Evan Mobley over the weekend...he was 0-0 with zero points but impacted the game like Draymond does...he made the right basketball play on every possession...I haven't seen Wiseman make the right play once on offense yet this season...people tell me that will change with coaching...we'll see...

You are so dumb sometimes.....I mean a lot

He may have a point Mylie. Clearly, in this delicious clip, the right play was to not push the ball forward with a fabulous court eating run, pass it forward to the wingman to make a decision on, drive hard to basket whilst making it known he was available for a juicy lob, and then to smash it on the defenders head for an And1.

Read on Twitter

Yes, Wiseman made the right play here and executed it perfectly. But I was also impressed that Oubre actually made the lob pass when Wiseman signaled for it. When the season first began, I'm convinced that Oubre would have ignored it and tried to finish the play on his own. The fact that Oubre a) recognized Wiseman calling for the lob and b) was willing and able to execute the pass, shows a little welcomed progress on Oubre's part as well as Wiseman's development.

Really excited to see Wiseman's development unfold in front of us.
Sam Lowry Jr
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Post#363 » by Sam Lowry Jr » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:16 pm

One thing I noticed about Wiseman these first couple of games is he's very even tempered. Even when he got that Giannis block/breakaway dunk against Detroit, he didn't celebrate after the play -- and there have been plenty of plays where he could have celebrated already.

And his lack of emotions isn't a sign of not caring -- if anything, you can see him get down on himself when he doesn't make the right play or fouls. There's no correct way for a player to carry himself -- Dray works well as an emotional leader -- but I like how Wiseman carries himself on the court, particularly as a rookie with a lot to learn.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#364 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 9:20 pm

Looking for something Draymond said the other day. He said that if Wiseman is the last line of defense, he needs to be really vocal back there. I want to see/hear that.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
northoakland510
Starter

Post#365 » by northoakland510 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:03 pm

Sam Lowry Jr wrote:One thing I noticed about Wiseman these first couple of games is he's very even tempered. Even when he got that Giannis block/breakaway dunk against Detroit, he didn't celebrate after the play -- and there have been plenty of plays where he could have celebrated already.

And his lack of emotions isn't a sign of not caring -- if anything, you can see him get down on himself when he doesn't make the right play or fouls. There's no correct way for a player to carry himself -- Dray works well as an emotional leader -- but I like how Wiseman carries himself on the court, particularly as a rookie with a lot to learn.

My favorite player Tim Duncan was pretty even tempered, lets hope Wiseman can get anywhere near that level.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#366 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 11:05 pm

Would love to eventually see Wiseman take a trick from Duncan and start going glass. A left hander who can use the glass effectively is almost unstoppable
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#367 » by Coxy » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:15 am

Mylie10 wrote:Would love to eventually see Wiseman take a trick from Duncan and start going glass. A left hander who can use the glass effectively is almost unstoppable

Could he be effective off the glass though? The guys that have been effective off the glass like Duncan, Pippen, Kawhi and even Westbrook is good at it, all kind of had a line drive shot with not much arc. Jimmy's shot release is really high and his elbow comes right up above his head, I'm not sure he'd have the form to really utilise the bank. His shot form is kind of slow too. I may be wrong.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#368 » by mos_def » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:27 am

northoakland510 wrote:
Sam Lowry Jr wrote:One thing I noticed about Wiseman these first couple of games is he's very even tempered. Even when he got that Giannis block/breakaway dunk against Detroit, he didn't celebrate after the play -- and there have been plenty of plays where he could have celebrated already.

My favorite player Tim Duncan was pretty even tempered, lets hope Wiseman can get anywhere near that level.

???
Duncan? Some big names are being thrown out for Wiseman. Garnett, sheed, Giannis. I hope so. I remember I saw embiid in college and I said olajuwon. Never said that about oden tho
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#369 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:53 am

mos_def wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:

???
Duncan? Some big names are being thrown out for Wiseman. Garnett, sheed, Giannis. I hope so. I remember I saw embiid in college and I said olajuwon. Never said that about oden tho

Man Rasheed's no big name, what a dishonor to KG/Giannis/Duncan to have that polka-dot headed guy in the same breath :D

I likened Wiseman to Bosh a bit but really, I have trouble finding an overall accurate comparison.. hopefully in 10 years there will be draft prospects likened to James Wiseman and we'll be saying "Thats so disrespectful to Wiseman"

He's a unique big guy with an upwards pointing arrow, but we have no idea what the finished product will look like.. maybe after a good offseason he stripes 3s like Channing Frye and blocks shots like Gobert.. who knows
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#370 » by Quazza » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:05 am

Wiseman jersey ordered ....

KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#371 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:38 am

My goal is to still be alive when Wiseman retires..odds are way against me but that’s fine..Everything in life is a challenge

Watching all these league pass games tonight , the clippers -George are not nearly as talented as the warriors -Klay..I may be a raging homer though ..

Wiseman is the game changer
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#372 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:43 am

Little Digger wrote:My goal is to still be alive when Wiseman retires..odds are way against me but that’s fine..Everything in life is a challenge

Watching all these league pass games tonight , the clippers -George are not nearly as talented as the warriors -Klay..I may be a raging homer though ..

Wiseman is the game changer

Amen :)

If Wiseman truly turns out to be a franchise center....We continue to witness the best 15 year run in Warriors history...
We could legitimately see 2-3 more chips if he turns out that good.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#373 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jan 6, 2021 11:19 am

northoakland510 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Once he got suspended and then opted out, I followed his stuff through social media. Also listened and watched his interviews with Schmidt and especially the one with Woj. That one was telling. Then Woj reported on the Miami workout early on. And at that time the Warriors front office people weren’t mentioned. But that stuff leaked out later.

But I first really paid attention to him in a high school all star game. I happened to watch the whole game back then and he was clearly the best player on the floor hands down. And it was with most of the elite prospects going into college. He dominated and did things guys his size don’t do. And the jumper had such a nice arc and was fluid, albeit a bit slow.

The thought of us being in position to draft him wasn’t even a thought at that time. After our crap season the intensity of wanting us to draft him was at a fever pitch for me.....and I apologize to all of those people I either offended, or made sick with all my hot takes lol

Do you have the link for that game? I do not watch a lot of college, but knowing the team would be in the lottery I started to pay attention. At first Edwards was the guy, but I didn't see anything all that special. When I saw Wiseman I was intrigued and started following his IG and youtube. I was sold on the kid and knew the Warriors could get the big man that has always been coveted.

Its on youtube, the full game..too lazy to provide the link right now but if you search it shouldnt be too hard to find.
northoakland510
Starter

Post#374 » by northoakland510 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:30 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
northoakland510 wrote:

Its on youtube, the full game..too lazy to provide the link right now but if you search it shouldnt be too hard to find.

What I find funny is that in his highlight tapes you see him pass, handle and shoot the ball and they still said he couldn't do those things.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#375 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 5:28 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#376 » by Little Digger » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:16 pm

"Wiseman, he's doing a fantastic job and it's gonna take him time to get used to everything but I've got a few friends that are coaches there still and they tell me that he's the real deal," Bogut said Tuesday on KNBR's "Mark Willard Show." "He's gonna be a fantastic player."

"That system's a unique system to play in as a young fella," Bogut said. "It's a hard one to adjust to, especially for a young guy like that. It's probably the opposite of what you've been taught as a big guy at times because everything is set up to get a ton of 3s up and you have to have a high basketball IQ to know where Steph, and once Klay's back, and where all these guys like to shoot from.

"He's learning on the fly from what I hear. He's got a body that you can't teach, his wingspan is way above average, he's athletic, he can protect the rim, he can handle the ball -- I think he's got all the tools and from what I understand, he's just got to catch up on all the NBA terminology and the way that all goes. Once that all clicks for him, he'll be a very important cog for that roster."
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#377 » by Mylie10 » Wed Jan 6, 2021 6:54 pm

Nice!
Khoee wrote “
Senchu
Sixth Man
And1: 400

Post#378 » by Senchu » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:27 pm

"Floor AD" brings so much excitement that I am back to waking up at 5am to catch Warriors games
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#379 » by ahmetmekin » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:31 pm

Senchu wrote:"Floor AD" brings so much excitement that I am back to waking up at 5am to catch Warriors games

It is 4 am for me. **** painful man.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#380 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:47 pm

Little Digger wrote:"Wiseman, he's doing a fantastic job and it's gonna take him time to get used to everything but I've got a few friends that are coaches there still and they tell me that he's the real deal," Bogut said Tuesday on KNBR's "Mark Willard Show." "He's gonna be a fantastic player."

"That system's a unique system to play in as a young fella," Bogut said. "It's a hard one to adjust to, especially for a young guy like that. It's probably the opposite of what you've been taught as a big guy at times because everything is set up to get a ton of 3s up and you have to have a high basketball IQ to know where Steph, and once Klay's back, and where all these guys like to shoot from.

"He's learning on the fly from what I hear. He's got a body that you can't teach, his wingspan is way above average, he's athletic, he can protect the rim, he can handle the ball -- I think he's got all the tools and from what I understand, he's just got to catch up on all the NBA terminology and the way that all goes. Once that all clicks for him, he'll be a very important cog for that roster."

Literally every smart defender is gushing about a kid who played 3 games in college.. we hit one out of the park here

Return to Golden State Warriors