ImageImageImageImageImage

Keeping JTA and GP2 long term

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Twinkie defense
RealGM
Posts: 17,200
And1: 610
Joined: Jul 15, 2005

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#81 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Jan 7, 2022 6:56 am

In case this was not resolved earlier in the thread, I just read that Warriors still have early Bird rights on GPII, and can re-sign Young Glove at up to $10 mil+ per year (and without having to use their taxpayer MLE)... of course if the tax burden is not too much for Lacob to bear.
User avatar
GSWFan1994
Starter
Posts: 2,198
And1: 3,373
Joined: Oct 31, 2006
 

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#82 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 7:47 am

I hope we pay the man. I'll be very happy to see him keep playing on the team.
User avatar
Coxy
RealGM
Posts: 43,088
And1: 11,796
Joined: Jun 17, 2008
Location: Brought to you by the Splash Fam
   

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#83 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:03 pm

Looks like we have guarantee his deal for the season. Sign this man up longer term Bob.

We better not let him go next season. I'll throw multiple bags of poop at Bob's car if we do.
Little Digger wrote:Can the Warriors file a lawsuit against Oubre?
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,522
And1: 4,672
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#84 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:46 pm

Coxy wrote:Looks like we have guarantee his deal for the season. Sign this man up longer term Bob.

We better not let him go next season. I'll throw multiple bags of poop at Bob's car if we do.


He's not eligible for an extension so it will have to be next summer as a FA. I look for him to get something like Looney did, 3yr/$15M, something like that. Maybe a little less.
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,522
And1: 4,672
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#85 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jan 7, 2022 11:23 pm

Damion Lee also had his $1.9M cap hit locked in today. He'll be a UFA at the end of the season.
GunnerWRX
Pro Prospect
Posts: 869
And1: 346
Joined: Mar 26, 2021

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#86 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:09 am

Did we waive Chiozza?
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,522
And1: 4,672
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#87 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jan 8, 2022 1:43 am

GunnerWRX wrote:Did we waive Chiozza?


Not yet. January 20 is when two-way contracts are guaranteed.
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,930
And1: 2,838
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#88 » by azwfan » Sat Jan 8, 2022 10:50 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Did we waive Chiozza?


Not yet. January 20 is when two-way contracts are guaranteed.

Do either of you know of a plausible replacement?
LJ Figueroa (big wing) hasn't been great or anything and the only other guy down in Santa Cruz that we'd have some sort of organizational push behind him is Mawugbe (raw center), but he hasn't been good either.

I don't have any Gleague player knowledge beyond the little I have of SCW... but I think Chiozza is going to be on this club the whole year.

On the bright side, we got 2x 2nds in the draft so maybe no available 2-way spot for him next season.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
xdrta+
Head Coach
Posts: 6,522
And1: 4,672
Joined: Jun 18, 2018

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#89 » by xdrta+ » Sat Jan 8, 2022 11:59 pm

azwfan wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
GunnerWRX wrote:Did we waive Chiozza?


Not yet. January 20 is when two-way contracts are guaranteed.

Do either of you know of a plausible replacement?
LJ Figueroa (big wing) hasn't been great or anything and the only other guy down in Santa Cruz that we'd have some sort of organizational push behind him is Mawugbe (raw center), but he hasn't been good either.

I don't have any Gleague player knowledge beyond the little I have of SCW... but I think Chiozza is going to be on this club the whole year.

On the bright side, we got 2x 2nds in the draft so maybe no available 2-way spot for him next season.


I agree, Chiozza will be around for the regular season. They tweaked some rules for 2-ways, but they're still not eligible for the playoffs. With all the protocol turnover, pretty much anyone who can play at all is being snapped up from the G league for 10-day contracts.
azwfan
RealGM
Posts: 12,930
And1: 2,838
Joined: May 21, 2004
     

Re: Keeping JTA and GP2 long term 

Post#90 » by azwfan » Sun Jan 9, 2022 12:06 am

xdrta+ wrote:
azwfan wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Not yet. January 20 is when two-way contracts are guaranteed.

Do either of you know of a plausible replacement?
LJ Figueroa (big wing) hasn't been great or anything and the only other guy down in Santa Cruz that we'd have some sort of organizational push behind him is Mawugbe (raw center), but he hasn't been good either.

I don't have any Gleague player knowledge beyond the little I have of SCW... but I think Chiozza is going to be on this club the whole year.

On the bright side, we got 2x 2nds in the draft so maybe no available 2-way spot for him next season.


I agree, Chiozza will be around for the regular season. They tweaked some rules for 2-ways, but they're still not eligible for the playoffs. With all the protocol turnover, pretty much anyone who can play at all is being snapped up from the G league for 10-day contracts.

I think Mulder was recently released. I guess he's a possibility for those holding out hope.

Edit: Tacko Fall now available!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.

Return to Golden State Warriors