Mfiondu Kabengele and his potential?

Moderators: TrueLAfan, QRich3, og15

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 2,539

Mfiondu Kabengele and his potential?  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 am

What is your expectations or him in the future once he plays consistent minutes?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 131

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele and his potential? 

Post#2 » by Young Sterling » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:09 am

HMFFL wrote:What is your expectations or him in the future once he plays consistent minutes?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

He's a chucker, and I mean that in a great way. I vaguely remember another guy who Jerry West drafted who was considered a chucker, Kobe was his name I think... :D

He just needs to do what Kobe did and make sure he develops his defensive tools and increases his efficiency so that he can impact the game on both ends. But I think he's gonna be really good if given a chance. Showed some monster potential in the G League. We also need more floor spacing bigs who play ELITE defense. If we get one of those, good bye other teams. :nod:
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 526

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele and his potential? 

Post#3 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Well, he’s got a ways to go … he really picked up his game after the month of the G-League, and that’s promising. He averaged 20.5 and 9.6 with 2 blocks in only 31 minutes a game after November, with a shooting line of .492/.338/.827. He’s gotta learn to play within himself more on D—still (way) too many fouls. And he needs to work on his inside post moves; that free throw shooting percentage is terrific, but he should be getting to the line more than he does.

The good news is that, from all accounts, he’s a bright, coachable player. I would think/hope/suppose that he’ll be ready to be a contributor next season. He models and compares himself to Siakim; that’s an awfully high ceiling and beyond what I hope, much less expect. But his attitude and play up to now have certainly put him in the conversation about next year’s minutes. Hoping for him to end up as an uninjured and slightly better Terrence Jones is within the realm of possibility.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers