Mfiondu Kabengele and his potential?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Mfiondu Kabengele and his potential?  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:09 am

What is your expectations or him in the future once he plays consistent minutes?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Re: Mfiondu Kabengele and his potential? 

Post#2 » by Young Sterling » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:09 am

HMFFL wrote:What is your expectations or him in the future once he plays consistent minutes?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

He's a chucker, and I mean that in a great way. I vaguely remember another guy who Jerry West drafted who was considered a chucker, Kobe was his name I think... :D

He just needs to do what Kobe did and make sure he develops his defensive tools and increases his efficiency so that he can impact the game on both ends. But I think he's gonna be really good if given a chance. Showed some monster potential in the G League. We also need more floor spacing bigs who play ELITE defense. If we get one of those, good bye other teams. :nod:
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,420

Post#3 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:22 pm

Well, he’s got a ways to go … he really picked up his game after the month of the G-League, and that’s promising. He averaged 20.5 and 9.6 with 2 blocks in only 31 minutes a game after November, with a shooting line of .492/.338/.827. He’s gotta learn to play within himself more on D—still (way) too many fouls. And he needs to work on his inside post moves; that free throw shooting percentage is terrific, but he should be getting to the line more than he does.

The good news is that, from all accounts, he’s a bright, coachable player. I would think/hope/suppose that he’ll be ready to be a contributor next season. He models and compares himself to Siakim; that’s an awfully high ceiling and beyond what I hope, much less expect. But his attitude and play up to now have certainly put him in the conversation about next year’s minutes. Hoping for him to end up as an uninjured and slightly better Terrence Jones is within the realm of possibility.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#4 » by Clemenza » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:30 pm

Why in the hell was Kabengele not in the bubble?? What was the purpose for signing Noah to only have him in street clothes? Trez wasn't there mentally nor physically. Pat Patterson was completely out of the rotation. And we didn't included our first round draft pick who's a legit 6'10" and made vast strides in his game in Ontario. I'm 100% positive he's either replacing Trez or Morris Sr. next season but why was he excluded from the bubble? He's a rookie yes but he's exactly what we needed when things got ugly with our bigs situation in the later games of the series.

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,693

Post#5 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:36 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:Well, he’s got a ways to go … he really picked up his game after the month of the G-League, and that’s promising. He averaged 20.5 and 9.6 with 2 blocks in only 31 minutes a game after November, with a shooting line of .492/.338/.827. He’s gotta learn to play within himself more on D—still (way) too many fouls. And he needs to work on his inside post moves; that free throw shooting percentage is terrific, but he should be getting to the line more than he does.

The good news is that, from all accounts, he’s a bright, coachable player. I would think/hope/suppose that he’ll be ready to be a contributor next season. He models and compares himself to Siakim; that’s an awfully high ceiling and beyond what I hope, much less expect. But his attitude and play up to now have certainly put him in the conversation about next year’s minutes. Hoping for him to end up as an uninjured and slightly better Terrence Jones is within the realm of possibility.

I guess from your assessment, my hope is that he is on the roster next year with limited but regular minutes, and then hope for maybe a bigger jump the year after that. It's not that he couldn't have a bigger impact right away, but rushing a young prospect is not always the best way to develop him.

We may have given away a boatload of draft picks, but if Kabengele and Terence Mann can at least become solid rotation players that would provide a big boost for our roster.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#6 » by TheNewEra » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:29 am

With Harrell gone I hope he gets a chance
James2000
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#7 » by James2000 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:51 pm

I agree with you. This guy should have been a major contributor to this team. I feel like that next year him and mann is going to be a major contributor. What do you all think about it?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#8 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:44 pm

mann, i think so.

i think kabe will take some more time to develop. he's gonna be asked to play as a mobile, switchy big and that's something that requires experience.
James2000
Sophomore

Post#9 » by James2000 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:01 pm

Here is what I agree with people with... that guy should have played more. Experience is built through playing meaningful games. While I respect Doc and etc, he should have developed these young players more like miami and Dallas
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Post#10 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:07 pm

Why was Mfiondu not in the bubble?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 899

Post#11 » by NickP » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:23 pm

The answer to all the "Why" someone did not play or was not in the bubble is simple.
A moron called Doc.
James2000
Sophomore

Post#12 » by James2000 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:32 pm

That is really disappointing. I mean this is what contenders done. They develop talent. I hope our young players develop more into their own and become major contributor to the team
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#13 » by TheNewEra » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Mann/Shamet/Kabengele/Zubac
Coffey-Motley

We have some solid options with youth they just have to grow and find their way. Not confident in the coaching staff to commit to the proper roles but we will see
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#14 » by nickhx2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:55 pm

mann growing into a real role off the bench would be nice. it'd allow us to functionally play lou and worry less about his defense. or it'd allow us to trade him and retain jackson. a lot of nice options there.

i'm hoping shamet just keeps working on his strength and defense. this guy could be really big if he does so.

kabe i don't really expect much out of, and with this coaching staff i just don't see him turning into anything. zubac will only go as far as doc's loyalty in montrez goes. unfortunately.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#15 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:04 pm

We have to give those guys a chance
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#16 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:01 am

absolutely
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#17 » by donemilio21 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm

He maybe a late boomer but who knows, I think it's unlikely. He played only 64 minutes in the NBA so far, and he is already 23 years old, he is only 5 months younger than Zubac and older than players like Bam Adebayo, Jaxon Hayes, Jaren Jackson Jr., Deandre Ayton, Marvin Bagley, Wendel Carter Jr., Jarret Allen, Jonathan Isaac, who are all starting or backup PF/C on their teams.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,693

Post#18 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:26 pm

nickhx2 wrote:mann, i think so.

i think kabe will take some more time to develop. he's gonna be asked to play as a mobile, switchy big and that's something that requires experience.

His defensive prowess and awareness is gonna determine his play time next season, and then if he can knock down some shots too that'll be a bonus. He has the potential to become a pretty good 3-ball shooter in the NBA, that will help him a lot.

I don't disagree with others saying he should have been in the bubble, but it's not like 8 games of minimal spot minutes would have made a big difference either way.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#19 » by TheNewEra » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:28 am

If he could play next to Green that would be a dangerous duo on both ends if he plays to potential
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,833

Post#20 » by ejftw » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:54 am

Not many folks out there are as big on Fondue as me, not counting FSU alum nor his family members/people he personally knows. Him being a "3&D" center is absolutely his ceiling, and I could see him being Marcus Camby-esque in that regard.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers