ImageImageImageImageImage

If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get?

Moderators: TyCobb, LLcoleJ, Danny Darko, Kilroy

RamonSessions7
General Manager
Posts: 9,523
And1: 1,981
Joined: Feb 21, 2009
   

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#21 » by RamonSessions7 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Sushisensei26 wrote:The dude has his own agency. If we even think about trading him without his blessing we can kiss goodbye to every client they have now and in the future and others who aren't even clients but listen to him and his guys.

I am no fan of his and I hate the influence he has had. He got Luke fired and now we are thrift store shopping for a new coach. SMH. But at this point we kinda need him.

All this get Kawhi and AD and this and that is just fantasy.

Luke got Luke fired
Image
stan francisco
Veteran
Posts: 2,865
And1: 760
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#22 » by stan francisco » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 pm

Sushisensei26 wrote:The dude has his own agency. If we even think about trading him without his blessing we can kiss goodbye to every client they have now and in the future and others who aren't even clients but listen to him and his guys.


Maybe this is why Jeannie is filling the front office with rich, white, middle age, entitled, incompetent, out of touch peeps like Linda Rambis? :curse: To make LeGroin want a trade away from here to NYK with Kyrie and KD or with Jrue and Randle in NO?

I’ll take our youth and Zion/AD in the half court over LBJ’s still-standing bouncy ball, all day long 365. Especially since we already have a generational talent play maker on the team in Lonzo; trade him now.

Sign Leonard or Klay.

Sneak in Nurkic on day one of FA for a good 3 or 4 year deal. He’s under the radar now due to injury etc, could maybe be had for cheap if we pounce.

Trade LeGroin for either Jokic/Giannis/Davis/Durant, if not Zion.

Ball, Rondo, Caruso
Leonard, Hart, Bullock
Ingram, pick/vet, Bonga
Kuzma, Wagner, Williams
Jokic, Nurkic, pick/vet
2019-20 We are back in the hunt.
User avatar
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 51,431
And1: 10,024
Joined: Aug 02, 2005
     

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#23 » by dockingsched » Sun May 12, 2019 8:54 pm

It takes an astronomical level of foolishness to think the Lakers should trade lebron cause he’s bad for the team and also think they can trade him for a player like Jokic/Giannis/AD/Durant/1st pick.

That’s almost as bad as thinking premiere free agents are looking at the Lakers and thinking “If it wasn’t for Lebron, that would be the place to be”.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
stan francisco
Veteran
Posts: 2,865
And1: 760
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#24 » by stan francisco » Mon May 13, 2019 12:21 am

dockingsched wrote:It takes an astronomical level of foolishness to think the Lakers should trade lebron cause he’s bad for the team and also think they can trade him for a player like Jokic/Giannis/AD/Durant/1st pick.


The list of best selling jerseys and 29 owners might challenge that.
2019-20 We are back in the hunt.
-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
Posts: 930
And1: 294
Joined: Jul 26, 2005
 

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#25 » by -Spyda- » Mon May 13, 2019 3:35 pm

1st Pick (Zion)
User avatar
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,207
And1: 6,913
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#26 » by Kilroy » Tue May 14, 2019 12:41 am

A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...
Frankly, I think I'd rather keep LeBron if that were the only option though...
Caution: People on the internet are stupider than they appear.
User avatar
Mauro Pedrosa
Veteran
Posts: 2,578
And1: 3,133
Joined: Oct 15, 2016
Contact:
   

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#27 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed May 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Tatum + Hayward
User avatar
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,207
And1: 6,913
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#28 » by Kilroy » Wed May 15, 2019 7:58 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
Sushisensei26 wrote:The dude has his own agency. If we even think about trading him without his blessing we can kiss goodbye to every client they have now and in the future and others who aren't even clients but listen to him and his guys.

I am no fan of his and I hate the influence he has had. He got Luke fired and now we are thrift store shopping for a new coach. SMH. But at this point we kinda need him.

All this get Kawhi and AD and this and that is just fantasy.

Luke got Luke fired


Luke didn't get fired, he quit.
Caution: People on the internet are stupider than they appear.
stan francisco
Veteran
Posts: 2,865
And1: 760
Joined: Oct 20, 2015
 

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#29 » by stan francisco » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 pm

Kilroy wrote:
RamonSessions7 wrote:
Sushisensei26 wrote:The dude has his own agency. If we even think about trading him without his blessing we can kiss goodbye to every client they have now and in the future and others who aren't even clients but listen to him and his guys.

I am no fan of his and I hate the influence he has had. He got Luke fired and now we are thrift store shopping for a new coach. SMH. But at this point we kinda need him.

All this get Kawhi and AD and this and that is just fantasy.

Luke got Luke fired


Luke didn't get fired, he quit.


Yeah, because of LBJ. Ship his ass out.
2019-20 We are back in the hunt.
User avatar
dAdo dA dEvil
Rookie
Posts: 1,124
And1: 328
Joined: Jun 27, 2013
 

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#30 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu May 16, 2019 2:00 am

Kilroy wrote:A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...
Frankly, I think I'd rather keep LeBron if that were the only option though...


I think LeBron for Simmons + filler would be good.
MelosSoreWrist
Analyst
Posts: 3,102
And1: 1,123
Joined: Mar 25, 2012

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#31 » by MelosSoreWrist » Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...
Frankly, I think I'd rather keep LeBron if that were the only option though...


I think LeBron for Simmons + filler would be good.

Can you imagine a playoff half court offense with Simmons and Ball on the court.
NYK 455 wrote:
greenhughes wrote:I hope Melo leaves and wins a championship and rubs it all in our face.

How does that make you better than the Lin, Gallo, and Wil fans who root for them over NY?
TKainZero
Head Coach
Posts: 6,332
And1: 3,095
Joined: Jul 31, 2014
       

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#32 » by TKainZero » Thu May 16, 2019 2:48 am

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...
Frankly, I think I'd rather keep LeBron if that were the only option though...


I think LeBron for Simmons + filler would be good.

Can you imagine a playoff half court offense with Simmons and Ball on the court.


Yes.
Same floor spacing as a 7th grade team.
User avatar
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,058
And1: 4,166
Joined: Jun 24, 2005
         

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#33 » by Danny Darko » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 am

The market is so low that you go over to the Sixers board, look at the threads that mention Simmons for LeBron and realize the world expects him to be awful.

At this point I think we have to keep him because:
A-do you trust Pelinka to get a good return in negotiations?
B- When I think of aging stars LeBron, to me, is built and plays his game these days like Malone MINUS a lot of the banging Malone took and plus a lot of modern loong range. Now look at the Mailman's numbers from Lebron's current age until he retired at 40:Karl Malone stats

Karl 35-40
38 mpg avg
8.7 rebounds
4.2+ assists
23 ppg *I deducted age 40 when he deferred to shaq and kobe and payton to ring change on ppg at 40.

career

37.2 mpg
10.1 rpg
3.6 assists
25.5 ppg


The drop off was pretty minimal. I don't think we are about to see Bron go decrepit. On the contrary I think if he's motivated, he'll have numbers close to this years for 5-6 more years. If people actually realized that his market value would be better than after a year with crappy results and a muscle injury (better than cartilage, tendon).

Don't get me wrong, it's depressing to think he will be here through his contract, but I don't think he's about to turn to dust at all.
Image
Spens1
RealGM
Posts: 12,179
And1: 3,166
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
     

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#34 » by Spens1 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:54 am

Kilroy wrote:A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...
Frankly, I think I'd rather keep LeBron if that were the only option though...


Now i think Simmons is great as he is the future of our national team. But hell no, he has the same issues as Lonzo (in that he can't shoot).

If they want him, they need to give us Embiid and that won't happen.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,381
And1: 1,139
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#35 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Lets be reminded again Laker fans. EXPERIENCE is an extremely valuable asset in the playoffs and Finals. We need an older Dawg on the floor in those playoff situations. Experience is key. No to trading Bron
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
Penberthy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,669
And1: 232
Joined: Jul 06, 2010

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#36 » by Penberthy » Thu May 16, 2019 6:32 pm

Kawhi, Kyrie, KD, Klay have experience. If trading lebron convinces any one of them to sign as a FA, we do it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
Posts: 6,332
And1: 3,095
Joined: Jul 31, 2014
       

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#37 » by TKainZero » Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 pm

The thing with lebron is, he hasn’t made any fans in la.

I would guess most lakers fans were indifferent or didn’t really like lebron. And what he did this past season has not endeared him to any of us

Only confirmed every little flaw that we thought he had
User avatar
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
Posts: 16,207
And1: 6,913
Joined: Jul 10, 2006
Location: The Motel 9 in Vegas
       

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#38 » by Kilroy » Thu May 16, 2019 10:42 pm

I think a lot of homers around the league are vastly underestimating what it would take to convince any team... Even the "Stupid, dysfunctional" Lakers... To trade LeBron...
He may be in the back end of his prime, but he's still there, judging from the numbers (and that's all anyone has ever judged him by, so let's not stop just cause he's a Laker)... And at worst, he's still a top 5 player in the NBA... AT WORST... I'd say he's at least 3rd, but I'm not a LeBron fan...

If the rumor about people close to Jeanie imploring her to trade LeBron are true, it's likely because they've either heard of an amazing offer, or they're literally Linda Rambis... Literally...

So Keep your "LeBron and 4 for Simmons" nonsense to yourself... No, Bradley Beal doesn't get you anywhere near LeBron...

Because even if we hated LeBron... We'd just keep him for another 3 seasons rather than dumping him for peanuts... LeBron will probably never fall into the "addition by subtraction" territory...

I think the bidding starts and ends with the Pelicans... Either it's AD, or Zion and bad contracts... I don't see anything else around the league I'd even consider trading LeBron for right now. Other than Giannis... But that's probably not happening.
Caution: People on the internet are stupider than they appear.
Landsberger
Head Coach
Posts: 6,139
And1: 1,250
Joined: Jul 04, 2016
 

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#39 » by Landsberger » Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 am

Kilroy wrote:I think a lot of homers around the league are vastly underestimating what it would take to convince any team... Even the "Stupid, dysfunctional" Lakers... To trade LeBron...
He may be in the back end of his prime, but he's still there, judging from the numbers (and that's all anyone has ever judged him by, so let's not stop just cause he's a Laker)... And at worst, he's still a top 5 player in the NBA... AT WORST... I'd say he's at least 3rd, but I'm not a LeBron fan...

If the rumor about people close to Jeanie imploring her to trade LeBron are true, it's likely because they've either heard of an amazing offer, or they're literally Linda Rambis... Literally...

So Keep your "LeBron and 4 for Simmons" nonsense to yourself... No, Bradley Beal doesn't get you anywhere near LeBron...

Because even if we hated LeBron... We'd just keep him for another 3 seasons rather than dumping him for peanuts... LeBron will probably never fall into the "addition by subtraction" territory...

I think the bidding starts and ends with the Pelicans... Either it's AD, or Zion and bad contracts... I don't see anything else around the league I'd even consider trading LeBron for right now. Other than Giannis... But that's probably not happening.


So... hate to reduce it to money but who had the number one jersey in total sales in the world this year. The logo on the front gets a lot of that money too. He ain't going anywhere.
User avatar
dAdo dA dEvil
Rookie
Posts: 1,124
And1: 328
Joined: Jun 27, 2013
 

Re: If they HAD TO trade Lebron, who could they get? 

Post#40 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 pm

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Kilroy wrote:A very vague rumor has appeared that the Sixers "Might exploring trading Simmons for LeBron"... Basically 'an unnamed executive' said this... So not even enough substance there for a difect Quote...

That said, I guess if we crap-out on getting a named FA and can't trade LeBron for the 1st pick and getting Zion, then Simmons would be up there on the list of best available candidates...
Frankly, I think I'd rather keep LeBron if that were the only option though...


I think LeBron for Simmons + filler would be good.

Can you imagine a playoff half court offense with Simmons and Ball on the court.


Depends on how you would look at it. On the negative end , floor spacing would be an issue, but I think ball movement would be great. Generally, players improve their shooting through time so I wouldn't worry too much.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers