IAMRANDYMARSH wrote:TylersLakers wrote:Beethoven wrote:^losing both kuzma and green is too much length in our defense lost. Our perimeter defense was more of a collective , by committee , defense that physically wasn't there although our mindset was. Losing that whatever length we have in kuzma and green would really diminish our perimeter no matter how bought-in the team is ..and we'll eventually have to wear down LeBron then to compensate.
I get what you're saying, but there will be ring chasers and vets who will sign with us.
For example- You could use the MLE in it's entirety on Gallinari. Or you could split it up and get Harkless + Baynes.
Other veteran options (along with the dollar range I think they'll get):
- Paul Millsap (bi-annual, vet min)
- Serge Ibaka ($5-7M)
- Derrick Favors (bi-annual)
- Kent Bazemore (vet min)
- Evan Turner (vet min)
- Marcus Morris Sr ($5-6M)
- Courtney Lee (vet min)
- Solomon Hill (vet min)
- Mo Harkless (bi-annual, $4-5M)
- Meyers Leonard (vet min)
- Andre Roberson (vet min)
- E'Twuan Moore (bi-annual)
- KCP (re-signed, we have bird rights. Can sign him to anything we want)
- Jae Crowder (MLE)
- Langston Galloway (bi-annual)
- DJ Augustin (vet min)
- Justin Holiday (bi-annual)
- Stanley Johnson (vet min)
- Wilson Chandler (vet min)
- Kyle Korver (vet min)
- Thabo Sefolosha (vet min)
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (vet min)
- Harry Giles (bi-annual)
- Nerlens Noel ($5-6M)
- Carmelo Anthony (vet min, bi-annual)
- Noah Vonleh (vet min)
- Mario Hezonja (vet min)
- Derrick Jones Jr (MLE 1 year prove it deal)
- DeMarre Carroll (vet min)
- Anthony Tolliver (vet min)
- Trey Burke (bi-annual)
- Justin Anderson (vet min)
There's a ton of guys who are going to be available and looking to chase rings. We could use that MLE ($9M) a season or split it up amongst a combination of guys. For example: Harkless + Ibaka, followed by vet min signings like Carmelo, DJ Augustin, Solomon Hill, Bazemore, Meyers Leonard and then a bi-annual signing like Langston Galloway.
PG: Chris Paul/Caruso/THT
This is the perfect year because of the financial ramifications and limited teams with cap space to grab guys on bargain bin deals.
GOod list, but i think you're underestimating the contracts.
Yeah, I'm sure a couple of those guys will get a little more than expected, but don't forget this:
- Plenty of teams currently hard-capped, so those teams only have around $4M to spend on a player.
- Of those teams, how many are going to want to spend it in this financial climate?
- Of the teams with the full MLE available, How many actually use it all?
- The teams with cap space, they're going to go after other free agent guys who are available that I didn't list.
This summer is going to be eye-opening for a lot of people. I've read articles and listened to a lot of podcasts in the last couple days, and it sounds awfully grim.