Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,592

Re: The Andrew Wiggins Thread #2: Electric Boogaloo 

Post#1261 » by dice » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:42 am

KGdaBom wrote:
dice wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:KAT will end his career an easily better player than Kawhi. I all but guaranty it.

ouch

Why ouch? Kawhi already missed a season and had to sit out a bunch of games last year. I will stand by my statement except take out the word easily.

i admire your commitment to the idea that a guy four seasons into his career who didn't even make all-nba this year and doesn't play defense will someday be considered a better player than a 2-time (and counting) finals MVP
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,030

Post#1262 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:39 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
It depends how willing we are to play chicken. He’s not going to tank several seasons of his career to force a trade.

Why all this demanding a trade $hit. Is that what the NBA has devolved too the belief that every good player is going to demand a trade? How about just enjoying him being here and worrying about him demanding a trade if/when he ever does demand a trade. I'm not going to put one second into worrying about that.

You are not worrying, because it is not your job. However, Rosas in almost every interview underlines that KAT is a star of our franchise, he is conscious that he needs to maximize KATs window. If KAT demands trade it will be already to late to fix it. All stars who demanded trade were traded.

OK Minimus. You go on worrying. I hope worrying brings you peace and joy.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 5,030

Post#1263 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:40 pm

dice wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
dice wrote:ouch

Why ouch? Kawhi already missed a season and had to sit out a bunch of games last year. I will stand by my statement except take out the word easily.

i admire your commitment to the idea that a guy four seasons into his career who didn't even make all-nba this year and doesn't play defense will someday be considered a better player than a 2-time (and counting) finals MVP

I'm glad you admire me, but I'm just a man.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,762

Post#1264 » by minimus » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:23 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Why all this demanding a trade $hit. Is that what the NBA has devolved too the belief that every good player is going to demand a trade? How about just enjoying him being here and worrying about him demanding a trade if/when he ever does demand a trade. I'm not going to put one second into worrying about that.

You are not worrying, because it is not your job. However, Rosas in almost every interview underlines that KAT is a star of our franchise, he is conscious that he needs to maximize KATs window. If KAT demands trade it will be already to late to fix it. All stars who demanded trade were traded.

OK Minimus. You go on worrying. I hope worrying brings you peace and joy.

That's why we have hired Rosas. It's his job. So I can enjoy my vacation in Sicily
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1265 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:09 am

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,351

Post#1266 » by Mattya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:50 am

dice wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Crazy-Canuck wrote:Crazy that some on the trade board don't think he has top 10 value.......

... Among those drafted in his draft year.

Are you really surprised? It's called an echo chamber.

either the person who started the echo was right on the money or...people were actually thinking objectively for themselves

wiggins currently 20th in his draft class in career VORP

I love when people out there no life status on REALGM to bring up old posts because they are triggered and held that in for years potentially. Really makes me think about how bad people have it.

but addressing your post, why are we using current VORP to justify his trade value not being top 10 at the time? Seems moronic to me. This is monday morning quarterbacking just years out. Lets ignore all context at the time(pretty important when factoring trade value). Its goal post shifting of the highest order.

Hope things get better in your life though.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1267 » by Mattya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:07 am

I don't think I have ever held that much real estate in someone's head as this random RealGM troll :lol:

This is the type of beef pro athlete's use to drive them to be great at sports and this dude uses it towards RealGM.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1268 » by Mattya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:11 am

I'm going to go back to the Bulls board from 2005 and out all of them about them thinking they were getting KG for Tyson Chandler or something. That will show those meanies.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1269 » by King Malta » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 am

Mattya wrote:I'm going to go back to the Bulls board from 2005 and out all of them about them thinking they were getting KG for Tyson Chandler or something. That will show those meanies.

:lol: :lol:
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,592

Post#1270 » by dice » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:30 am

Mattya wrote:
dice wrote:
Mattya wrote:
Are you really surprised? It's called an echo chamber.

either the person who started the echo was right on the money or...people were actually thinking objectively for themselves

I love when people out there no life status on REALGM to bring up old posts because they are triggered and held that in for years potentially. Really makes me think about how bad people have it.

i love when people make dumb statements and can't handle it when people call them out on it. buck up, buddy

this must come as a shock, but i'm pretty sure that NOBODY is keeping a log of your basketball message board posts. get over yourself

for your profoundly ignorant information, someone on the bulls board made the comment that just about everybody thought at the time that maxing out andrew freaking wiggins was justifiable. didn't sound right to me, as i know that i wasn't on an island when i expressed how stupid it was at the time, so i did a little research. if that means i have "no life status" (which doesn't even make any sense unless a person is dead), so be it. but in reality, your comment says more about you than it does about me

in your parallel universe where i, a non-timberwolves fan, was for some reason keeping track of dumb comments by random wolves fans about andrew wiggins at the time he was incredibly offered a max extension TWO YEARS AGO, i sure as hell wouldn't have had to wait two years to shove it in your face. my guess is that even the biggest homers on this board recognized how bad the deal was by LAST offseason. and it was LAST offseason (before his crushing new deal had even begun!) that quoting you would have had the greatest impact...if that was my objective, which it clearly wasn't

i'm not someone who takes vicious pot shots for the sake of it. but given that YOU were badmouthing OTHERS with different opinions than yourself, most people would find it more than appropriate to defend THEIR position after yet more evidence has been thrown on the pile that they were in fact correct all along. sorry that your derogatory remarks blew up in your face. i wouldn't expect you to have the integrity to say "yep, i was really, REALLY wrong", but most people WOULD be able to suck it up and take the 'L' like a man without going into hyper-defensive meltdown mode. and very few would take your tack and double down by continuing to defend that really, really wrong position

why are we using current VORP to justify his trade value not being top 10 at the time? Seems moronic to me.

that doesn't surprise me given your apparently profound lack of judgment

would you like to go by rookie contract VORP? because he's near the bottom of first rounders in his draft class in that as well. and it was his play during his rookie contract that SOMEHOW earned him a max deal

-2014 first rounders ranked by rookie contract VORP, followed by their annual salary in their first post-rookie deal:

5 anderson 9
4.2 g harris 18.5
4.1 smart 13
3.9 payton 3
3.4 gordon 19
3.2 embiid 29
2.2 hood 6
1.7 randle 9
1.2 warren 12
0.9 parker 20 <- dumb contract for bulls, but only 1 yr
0.2 napier 2
0.1 j adams 0
-0.1 lavine 19.5 <- dumber contract for bulls that isn't looking AS dumb 1 yr later
-0.2 mcgary 0
-0.3 wilcox 0
-0.5 huestis 0
-0.5 j young 0
-1 hairston 0
-1.2 a payne 0

-1.3 wiggins 29 <- colossally dumb contract for a guy who had been worse than a lot of guys who never even got a second contract
-1.5 t ennis 0
-1.6 vonleh 2
-1.7 stauskas 2
-1.8 mcdermott 7

gotta love "talent"

This is monday morning quarterbacking just years out. Lets ignore all context at the time(pretty important when factoring trade value). Its goal post shifting of the highest order.

you must be joking

YOU were complaining about the "echo chamber" of MANY, MANY people disagreeing with the deal AT THE TIME! it's the very jumping off point for this conversation! how is that goalpost shifting? stop shooting yourself in the foot by doubling down on what was obviously a bad deal AT THE TIME to a whole lot of people (myself included). and SHOULD have been very obvious to EVERYBODY. jaysus

you: "all those people saying wiggins isn't worth much are sheep"
me: "how's that looking 2 years later?"
you: "stop shifting the goalposts. nobody could have predicted at the time that wiggins wouldn't end up being worth much"

:crazy:

thanks for your concern. hope your judgement gets better. obviously hasn't over the past couple of years, but hang in there. miracles happen

moral of the story: don't post derogatory and/or wildly misguided comments and expect to never get called out on it. and then have a tantrum when you DO get called out. if we can't call people out for their message board commentary, that message board will inevitably devolve into a troll farm of ever more outlandishness "look at me" commentary

and don't worry, given that you obviously cannot handle responses to your bad posts, i will now take the step to ensure that i never read ANY of your posts
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1271 » by Mattya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:31 am

dice wrote:
Mattya wrote:
dice wrote:either the person who started the echo was right on the money or...people were actually thinking objectively for themselves

i love when people make dumb statements and can't handle it when people call them out on it. buck up, buddy

this must come as a shock, but i'm pretty sure that NOBODY is keeping a log of your basketball message board posts. get over yourself

for your profoundly ignorant information, someone on the bulls board made the comment that just about everybody thought at the time that maxing out andrew freaking wiggins was justifiable. didn't sound right to me, as i know that i wasn't on an island when i expressed how stupid it was at the time, so i did a little research. if that means i have "no life status" (which doesn't even make any sense unless a person is dead), so be it. but in reality, your comment says more about you than it does about me

in your parallel universe where i, a non-timberwolves fan, was for some reason keeping track of dumb comments by random wolves fans about andrew wiggins at the time he was incredibly offered a max extension TWO YEARS AGO, i sure as hell wouldn't have had to wait two years to shove it in your face. my guess is that even the biggest homers on this board recognized how bad the deal was by LAST offseason. and it was LAST offseason (before his crushing new deal had even begun!) that quoting you would have had the greatest impact...if that was my objective, which it clearly wasn't

i'm not someone who takes vicious pot shots for the sake of it. but given that YOU were badmouthing OTHERS with different opinions than yourself, most people would find it more than appropriate to defend THEIR position after yet more evidence has been thrown on the pile that they were in fact correct all along. sorry that your derogatory remarks blew up in your face. i wouldn't expect you to have the integrity to say "yep, i was really, REALLY wrong", but most people WOULD be able to suck it up and take the 'L' like a man without going into hyper-defensive meltdown mode. and very few would take your tack and double down by continuing to defend that really, really wrong position

why are we using current VORP to justify his trade value not being top 10 at the time? Seems moronic to me.

that doesn't surprise me given your apparently profound lack of judgment

would you like to go by rookie contract VORP? because he's near the bottom of first rounders in his draft class in that as well. and it was his play during his rookie contract that SOMEHOW earned him a max deal

-2014 first rounders ranked by rookie contract VORP, followed by their annual salary in their first post-rookie deal:

5 anderson 9
4.2 g harris 18.5
4.1 smart 13
3.9 payton 3
3.4 gordon 19
3.2 embiid 29
2.2 hood 6
1.7 randle 9
1.2 warren 12
0.9 parker 20
0.2 napier 2
0.1 j adams 0
-0.1 lavine 19.5
-0.2 mcgary 0
-0.3 wilcox 0
-0.5 huestis 0
-0.5 j young 0
-1 hairston 0
-1.2 a payne 0

-1.3 wiggins 29 <- colossally dumb contract for a guy who had been worse than a lot of guys who never even got a second contract
-1.5 t ennis 0
-1.6 vonleh 2
-1.7 stauskas 2
-1.8 mcdermott 7

gotta love "talent"

This is monday morning quarterbacking just years out. Lets ignore all context at the time(pretty important when factoring trade value). Its goal post shifting of the highest order.

you must be joking

YOU were complaining about the "echo chamber" of MANY, MANY people disagreeing with the deal AT THE TIME! it's the very jumping off point for this conversation! how is that goalpost shifting? stop shooting yourself in the foot by doubling down on what was obviously a bad deal AT THE TIME to a whole lot of people (myself included). and SHOULD have been very obvious to EVERYBODY. jaysus

you: "all those people saying wiggins isn't worth much are sheep"
me: "how's that looking 2 years later?"
you: "stop shifting the goalposts. nobody could have predicted at the time that wiggins wouldn't end up being worth much"

:crazy:

thanks for your concern. hope your judgement gets better. obviously hasn't over the past couple of years, but hang in there. miracles happen

moral of the story: don't post derogatory and/or wildly misguided comments and expect to never get called out on it. and then have a tantrum when you DO get called out. if we can't call people out for their message board commentary, that message board will inevitably devolve into a troll farm of ever more outlandishness "look at me" commentary

and don't worry, given that you obviously cannot handle responses to your bad posts, i will now take the step to ensure that i never read ANY of your posts

I skimmed through one paragraph in this post and you are using VORP to determine a players "trade value" from years ago and you are big braining. Wiggins clearly had top 10 trade value in his trade class before his contract. Unless you are going to argue that the top 10 most valuable NBA players are also the top 10 in VORP. See how moronic that logic is? Because there is more the trade value that how good you are or what the stats say.

I'm throwing the tantrum? Let's examine this some more Mr. Troll. Read idk any more recent post of mine critiquing Wiggins and his value, if you actually cared, instead of just wanting RealGM attention. But that clearly wasn't your intent. I mean you had the time to look up a post from 2 years ago. Why not look up a post from like a week ago on Wiggins. This is the most telling part. You had time to look at all those posts, write this long post, but didn't have the time to look for a more recent point on Wiggins that I have made? I've been wrong multiple times and happily admit it. You just waited 700+ days to call out posters and have the audacity to want real conversation.

I just find it funny that a troll who are clearly abusing board rules wants to be treated like a victim and taken seriously. You came in to multiple posts in this tread with no actual basketball takes(one word takes, and calling out posters from at MULTIPLE YEARS old posts) then think I should give you the time of day of reading your takes.

Next time maybe do a little more research if you want to try calling people out.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1272 » by Mattya » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:36 am

700+ days holding a grudge on a basketball forum. That is legit scary. People forget about exes in less time than that.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves