1. I think we should stick Edwards on the wing for his rookie year. No PG or PF shenanigans.
Make things simple until he gets more minutes under his belt.
2. We have 144 mins to split up between PG?SG?SF
Russell 34, Rubio 30, Beasley 30.
That leaves 50 minutes to split up between Edwards, Okogie, Culver.
I really like the defensive options Okogie and Culver give us, but barring injury there is going to be a minutes crunch which could hinder the development, of Culver especially.
3. Assuming Juancho is re-signed, your PF minutes are split between Juancho, Layman, and Vanderbilt.
The rose colored glasses hope is Vanderbilt becomes your Taj Gibson def/reb guy and Juancho fills his role as bench shooter perfectly.
4. Naz is our only backup C. This is a spot I think we could use a vet backup, for cheap. Maybe Dwayne Dedmon.
Aaron Baynes would be perfect, but that's probably wishful thinking.
If KAT gets hurt again I want someone who can hold down the fort and keep us afloat without completely changing our scheme.
5. Rubio and Russell will share the court at times, but when one is off the court, what are the backcourt pairings going to be?
Rubio/Beasley balances shooting, but Rubio/Edwards balances youth with experience, and it may be more important to get Edwards easier shots to get his confidence up.
Russell/Beasley really seemed to click last year, so maybe that is the better pairing,
PG: Rubio 30, Russell 18
SG: Beasley 30, Russell 16, Okogie 2
SF: Edwards 30, Culver 18
PF: Hernangomez 28, Vanderbilt 15, Layman 5
C: KAT 34, Reid 14
G: Mclaughlin, Nowell
Cut/trade bait: Spellman, Evans
Possible 2-way: Martin