Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 13,665

Re: Official Current Affairs & Politics Thread II 

Post#501 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:The point is-- multiple foundations have been laid down upon "Trump 2.0."

This is the concern, dude.

Yup... Trump was an open racist/white supremist

The next guy will be polished. tougher to spot. easier for the GOP to brush of claims as "conspiracies"

Image the damage trump could do if he was a smooth talking, handsome, well spoken president. he would get the same mob to support him and it would be tougher for opposition to oust him.

I agree, that is my fear as well. Someone who is smooth like Obama on the outside but an utter and complete fascist authoritarian.

This country can go one of two ways at this point. Either we crush white supremacist fascism, or we let it overrun the government and this country splits into pieces. I don't see the Republic lasting at this rate.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,515

Post#502 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 pm

Trump Republicans are a breed you only imagine in video games and fantasy....

I pray tomorrow yields first steps to true unity and justice for America!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 12,084

Post#503 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:15 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Trump Republicans are a breed you only imagine in video games and fantasy....

I pray tomorrow yields first steps to true unity and justice for America!

it wont. you cant unite hunters and prey. The fox is never going to agree not to eat the hens and the hens are never going to stop fearing and fighting for its life.

The idea that any amount of political victories is going to unite America is a misguided pipe dream. There is no uniting. there is only achieving power long enough to root out the evil. hold majority long enough to undo regulations/laws/bills. put in enough judges and remove the racist/white supremist judges. hold power and influence long enough to remove the KKK from police forces. hold the presidency and majority long enough to get majority back on the supreme court.

thats like at LEAST 3 straight terms with the white house and at least the house of reps. if not the senate as well. and even then, like me and MDB were discussing, alot of these white supremists are brilliant and smooth. they arent as obvious as trump. and they have endless resources. it wont be easy to root them out and when you do they are breeding and recruiting

unity, today, is a farce. its the facade you get so white housewives can go back to living in their entitle bubble
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#504 » by Curns13 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:The point is-- multiple foundations have been laid down upon "Trump 2.0."

This is the concern, dude.

The next guy will be polished. tougher to spot. easier for the GOP to brush of claims as "conspiracies"

Image the damage trump could do if he was a smooth talking, handsome, well spoken president. he would get the same mob to support him and it would be tougher for opposition to oust him.

I agree, that is my fear as well. Someone who is smooth like Obama on the outside but an utter and complete fascist authoritarian.

This country can go one of two ways at this point. Either we crush white supremacist fascism, or we let it overrun the government and this country splits into pieces. I don't see the Republic lasting at this rate.

As an Aussie, I don’t know enough about individual politicians, but doesn’t Hawley fit that bill? He’s handsome and young and from what I can tell an absolute RWNJ sociopath.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 13,665

Post#505 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Curns13 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

As an Aussie, I don’t know enough about individual politicians, but doesn’t Hawley fit that bill? He’s handsome and young and from what I can tell an absolute RWNJ sociopath.

Hawley is a c_nt but he isn't the type of mega personality that Trump is. That plays a huge part into all of this, Trump is basically a con man cult leader. Right now, I don't see anyone in the current GOP that can carry that torch.
Curns13
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#506 » by Curns13 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:21 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Curns13 wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Hawley is a c_nt but he isn't the type of mega personality that Trump is. That plays a huge part into all of this, Trump is basically a con man cult leader. Right now, I don't see anyone in the current GOP that can carry that torch.

Well thank **** god for that.

Return to Brooklyn Nets