ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Analyst
And1: 785

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder & 19th Pick to DET 

Post#41 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I thought we could of used Temples contract for a trade. So this means we have the MLE to use right?

Full MLE? No. It hard caps you, and you have to finish below the apron after using it. We still have non-Bird rights on Temple. He can be re-signed (or sign and traded) for less money or up to $5.72mil.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 961

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder & 19th Pick to DET 

Post#42 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:what a sneaky good move. I really hope we still bring back Joe. I'm wondering, like some of you, if this pickup is going to be used in a deal for Harden though. I'm also wondering what this means for the likes of TLC and Tyler Johnson.

Joe is getting 4 years @ 18 mil per.

oh I didn't even see that. Is that a done deal?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 9,103

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1 

Post#43 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:09 am

The deal is official and has mixed into the Bruce Brown trade.

LAC: 4 2nds (DET 23’ 2nd via POR, DET 24’ 2nd, DET 25’ 2nd, DET 26’ 2nd), Kennard, Patton, Scrubb (55th pick)

DET: Saddiq Bey (19th Pick), D. Musa, McGruder, 2021 Nets 2nd via TOR, Cash.

BK: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown, Reggie Perry (57th Pick).

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 11,108

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#45 » by therealbig3 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 am

More and more excited about this trade, I know it’s just for two role players, but still, they both seem like perfect fits, and we gave up what? A mid-late 1st round pick, two 2nd rounders, and Musa? That’s honestly a steal.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 3,029

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#46 » by DarkXaero » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 am

therealbig3 wrote:More and more excited about this trade, I know it’s just for two role players, but still, they both seem like perfect fits, and we gave up what? A mid-late 1st round pick, two 2nd rounders, and Musa? That’s honestly a steal.
I believe its just one second round pick.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 9,103

Post#47 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:44 am

DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:More and more excited about this trade, I know it’s just for two role players, but still, they both seem like perfect fits, and we gave up what? A mid-late 1st round pick, two 2nd rounders, and Musa? That’s honestly a steal.
I believe its just one second round pick.

Jaylen Hands as well. He was a 2nd round pick last year.
Netaman
Starter
And1: 332

Post#48 » by Netaman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Brown is going to carve out a role here. He is a better version of Nwaba with real upside. He should have been a first round pick a few years ago and would have been if he hadn't been injured his last year at Miami.

Return to Brooklyn Nets