ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder & 19th Pick to DET 

Post#41 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I thought we could of used Temples contract for a trade. So this means we have the MLE to use right?

Full MLE? No. It hard caps you, and you have to finish below the apron after using it. We still have non-Bird rights on Temple. He can be re-signed (or sign and traded) for less money or up to $5.72mil.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,177

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder & 19th Pick to DET 

Post#42 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:36 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:what a sneaky good move. I really hope we still bring back Joe. I'm wondering, like some of you, if this pickup is going to be used in a deal for Harden though. I'm also wondering what this means for the likes of TLC and Tyler Johnson.

Joe is getting 4 years @ 18 mil per.

oh I didn't even see that. Is that a done deal?
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1 

Post#43 » by Paradise » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:09 am

The deal is official and has mixed into the Bruce Brown trade.

LAC: 4 2nds (DET 23’ 2nd via POR, DET 24’ 2nd, DET 25’ 2nd, DET 26’ 2nd), Kennard, Patton, Scrubb (55th pick)

DET: Saddiq Bey (19th Pick), D. Musa, McGruder, 2021 Nets 2nd via TOR, Cash.

BK: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown, Reggie Perry (57th Pick).

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#45 » by therealbig3 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:06 am

More and more excited about this trade, I know it’s just for two role players, but still, they both seem like perfect fits, and we gave up what? A mid-late 1st round pick, two 2nd rounders, and Musa? That’s honestly a steal.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#46 » by DarkXaero » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:29 am

therealbig3 wrote:More and more excited about this trade, I know it’s just for two role players, but still, they both seem like perfect fits, and we gave up what? A mid-late 1st round pick, two 2nd rounders, and Musa? That’s honestly a steal.
I believe its just one second round pick.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#47 » by Paradise » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:44 am

DarkXaero wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:More and more excited about this trade, I know it’s just for two role players, but still, they both seem like perfect fits, and we gave up what? A mid-late 1st round pick, two 2nd rounders, and Musa? That’s honestly a steal.
I believe its just one second round pick.

Jaylen Hands as well. He was a 2nd round pick last year.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#48 » by Netaman » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Brown is going to carve out a role here. He is a better version of Nwaba with real upside. He should have been a first round pick a few years ago and would have been if he hadn't been injured his last year at Miami.
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#49 » by Lamak » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:21 pm

Shamet a very underrated pickup for our offense.
Brooklyn Nets
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:55 am

This trade was highway robbery.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#51 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:01 am

MrDollarBills wrote:This trade was highway robbery.

I would have loved Bey here especially for roster balance, but I'm happy with Landry.

There are a bunch of Clippers and Pistons fans who feel that Kennard was the best player in the deal. He certainly put up nice #'s when he was healthy but I like Shamet a bit better, especially for us.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#52 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:30 am

I don’t like shamet’s game at all. We should have kept the pick
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#53 » by Papi_swav » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:32 am

Sharcm1 wrote:I don’t like shamet’s game at all. We should have kept the pick

ehh its 1 game. He's inconsistent but he will have games were he goes 6-6 from 3 and we'll forgive him.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#54 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:16 am

Shamet is an elite fit with this team and a 2-way guy we need. its 1 bad shooting night. he will hit those over a larger sample and he brings grit.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#55 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:44 am

Shamet Watch....

:)
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#56 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:31 am

Prokorov wrote:Shamet is an elite fit with this team and a 2-way guy we need. its 1 bad shooting night. he will hit those over a larger sample and he brings grit.

Not just one game. It’s all three so far. And yes I know it’s three games but he is not what I expected. And idk why people call him a two way player. His defense so far sucks. And the thing he is supposed to do great he hasn’t, shooting. He is one dimensional. Can’t handle the ball. I see why the clippers got rid of him now. Hope he gets better.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#57 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Shamet is an elite fit with this team and a 2-way guy we need. its 1 bad shooting night. he will hit those over a larger sample and he brings grit.

Not just one game. It’s all three so far. And yes I know it’s three games but he is not what I expected. And idk why people call him a two way player. His defense so far sucks. And the thing he is supposed to do great he hasn’t, shooting. He is one dimensional. Can’t handle the ball. I see why the clippers got rid of him now. Hope he gets better.

He is a pest defensively. and he showed it the first two games. he was very good for GSW and was disruptive vs boston. he knocks alot of balls away. not just for steals but to force a guy to chase it and reset. he could very well end up being our best bench players. he is a lights out shooter. he is certainly our best small defender outside of brown. and he plays with a chip on hsi shoulder.

guys will come around on him just like they came around on joe harris
Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#58 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:

He is a pest defensively. and he showed it the first two games. he was very good for GSW and was disruptive vs boston. he knocks alot of balls away. not just for steals but to force a guy to chase it and reset. he could very well end up being our best bench players. he is a lights out shooter. he is certainly our best small defender outside of brown. and he plays with a chip on hsi shoulder.

Maybe we are watching different games. He is also 2 for 15 from three. It’s going to take a lot for him to change my mind. And not just him actually hitting his threes
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#59 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:14 pm

It's been 3 games. If we are at game 13 and we are still seeing poor shooting, fine, but right now give the guy some time.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#60 » by Prokorov » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:

Maybe we are watching different games. He is also 2 for 15 from three. It’s going to take a lot for him to change my mind. And not just him actually hitting his threes

if your mind is made after 3 games then it is already an unreasonable view.

He is a proven elite shooter over several seasons on multiple teams on extremely high volume. you can take the 2-15 super small sample heavily skewed by 1 truly awful night... or you could take the larger 700+ attemps as a pro where he shot 40% from three while playing for playoff teams. He also shot 45% from deep in college... all of this while doing a bulk of it off screens, on the move, and with teams knowing he is a threat.

The over-hate on shamet is kind of lazy. and the typical scape-goatishness this board is accustom to.

Return to Brooklyn Nets