ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL: Dwight A Laker NOT a Net WHeee!!!

Moderators: j4remi, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC

User avatar
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 49,376
And1: 15,035
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

OFFICIAL: Dwight A Laker NOT a Net WHeee!!! 

Post#1 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:11 pm

LINK

Lakers, Magic Talking Dwight Howard Trade With Nuggets, Sixers
Aug 09, 2012 12:43 PM EDT

The Lakers and Magic are again discussing a trade involving Dwight Howard, according to sources.

The two teams are also involving the 76ers and Nuggets in trade talks. Talks have been ongoing for several days and are substantive even though no agrement is close.

Any Howard deal involving the Lakers will almost certainly include Andrew Bynum.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports


Maybe Iggy to the Lakers (along with Dwight) or Nuggets (and either Gallo or Chandler on the move)?

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio


magnumt6
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
Posts: 28,713
And1: 6,631
Joined: Jun 27, 2010
Location: NBA Lottery Dais
     

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#2 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:11 pm

The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html
#MKGA
User avatar
SonOfMars
RealGM
Posts: 13,824
And1: 2,738
Joined: Mar 02, 2011
 

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#3 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:17 pm

Wow, Sixers would get Bynum?

I hope a deal goes down soon, im tired of hearing about the Dwightmare..
It's worse than the Melo-drama
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,231
And1: 12,489
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#4 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:19 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html


Wow, the teams that make out here seem to be Philly and Denver imho. Pau AND Bynum for Howard and Harrington? Not a great deal imho.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
moabu08
Veteran
Posts: 2,892
And1: 945
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
       

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#5 » by moabu08 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:20 pm

Im surprised the lakers arent willing to try it out with just Nash Kobe Pau and Bynum.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
Posts: 28,713
And1: 6,631
Joined: Jun 27, 2010
Location: NBA Lottery Dais
     

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#6 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:23 pm

j4remi wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html


Wow, the teams that make out here seem to be Philly and Denver imho. Pau AND Bynum for Howard and Harrington? Not a great deal imho.

Was just saying this to my boy...IDK what the Lakers are thinking.
#MKGA
User avatar
SonOfMars
RealGM
Posts: 13,824
And1: 2,738
Joined: Mar 02, 2011
 

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#7 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:23 pm

moabu08 wrote:Im surprised the lakers arent willing to try it out with just Nash Kobe Pau and Bynum.


+1

Thats exactly what they should do
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
User avatar
AmazingJason
RealGM
Posts: 15,178
And1: 6,130
Joined: Aug 07, 2006
Location: NYC
   

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#8 » by AmazingJason » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:24 pm

It's not a bad idea. Having Dwight makes them a top 10 defense. Jamison and Harrington are stretch 4s that will open up the paint for both Dwight and Nash.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
User avatar
HoneyNutMelos
Pro Prospect
Posts: 935
And1: 80
Joined: Oct 30, 2006
     

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#9 » by HoneyNutMelos » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:25 pm

Pau and Bynum for Iggy and Dwight? Ehhhh for Lakeshow..

Bynum to Philly? That can't be good for us.

Only good I can see coming from this is a possible amnesty to Artest.

EDIT------

Read that wrong. Carry on.
Image
biggyfuzz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,768
And1: 16
Joined: Dec 29, 2004
 

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#10 » by biggyfuzz » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:26 pm

Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
Posts: 48,684
And1: 28,354
Joined: Jul 16, 2009

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#11 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:30 pm

I knew he'd be a Laker. WOO lol. I also always had a weird feeling that Iggy would be a Laker -- always thought he'd be Scottie to Kobe's MJ. Next up, Tayshaun Prince to the Lakers...if that happens, I'm f*cking psychic.
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 99,905
And1: 60,474
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#12 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:32 pm

what are you guys reading ? iggy is going to denver.
Image
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,231
And1: 12,489
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#13 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:32 pm

biggyfuzz wrote:Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?


Iggy at SG maybe? I can't see keeping all three though, they'd probably flip one.
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
SonOfMars
RealGM
Posts: 13,824
And1: 2,738
Joined: Mar 02, 2011
 

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#14 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:33 pm

Andre Iguodala is a great player, i hope he eventually gets put in the right situation

As Paco mentioned, he's Scottie to somebody's Michael
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
User avatar
SonOfMars
RealGM
Posts: 13,824
And1: 2,738
Joined: Mar 02, 2011
 

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#15 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:34 pm

biggyfuzz wrote:Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?


Ill Will seems like odd man out..
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 99,905
And1: 60,474
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#16 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:35 pm

j4remi wrote:
biggyfuzz wrote:Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?


Iggy at SG maybe? I can't see keeping all three though, they'd probably flip one.


from the moment they signed wilson i expected them to try and trade him. this is their general m.o. lately, sign guys and then try to trade them.
Image
User avatar
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 63,138
And1: 113
Joined: May 21, 2001
Location: Atlanta GA, via The Bronx.

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#17 » by TKF » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:35 pm

SonOfMars wrote:Andre Iguodala is a great player, i hope he eventually gets put in the right situation

As Paco mentioned, he's Scottie to somebody's Michael



not sure he is that good... but he is a pretty good player.. would do well in denvers uptempo system with those young guys they have going... he would fit right in... they would be even more fun to watch..
Image
User avatar
moabu08
Veteran
Posts: 2,892
And1: 945
Joined: Jan 07, 2011
       

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#18 » by moabu08 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:36 pm

SonOfMars wrote:
biggyfuzz wrote:Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?


Ill Will seems like odd man out..


Nuggets have no idea what they are doing honestly. They sign Nene to a long term deal then trade him away for Mcgee who they give a deal to. Ill Will after getting paid probably going to leave soon now with Iggy stepping in. There is always so much turnover on that roster. I really dont see the vision.
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 34,231
And1: 12,489
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#19 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:
j4remi wrote:
biggyfuzz wrote:Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?


Iggy at SG maybe? I can't see keeping all three though, they'd probably flip one.


from the moment they signed wilson i expected them to try and trade him. this is their general m.o. lately, sign guys and then try to trade them.


In light of these recent moves, I regret that we traded so much for Melo...They'd have extended him sure, and then traded him to us for pennies on the dollar :lol:
PG - Morris/Caruso
SG - Booker/B Brown/Z.Smith
SF - Culver/Hood/S Brown
PF - Gallo/ Patterson/Niang
C - Gobert/Gafford/Hartenstein



Ex A. Kaba

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
Jay10
RealGM
Posts: 32,525
And1: 7,619
Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Location: New York

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#20 » by Jay10 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:39 pm

i honestly believe wilson or gallo will be included in this trade

Return to New York Knicks