ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL: Dwight A Laker NOT a Net WHeee!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

OFFICIAL: Dwight A Laker NOT a Net WHeee!!! 

Post#1 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:11 pm

LINK

Lakers, Magic Talking Dwight Howard Trade With Nuggets, Sixers
Aug 09, 2012 12:43 PM EDT

The Lakers and Magic are again discussing a trade involving Dwight Howard, according to sources.

The two teams are also involving the 76ers and Nuggets in trade talks. Talks have been ongoing for several days and are substantive even though no agrement is close.

Any Howard deal involving the Lakers will almost certainly include Andrew Bynum.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Maybe Iggy to the Lakers (along with Dwight) or Nuggets (and either Gallo or Chandler on the move)?

--Mags
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Re: OT: Dwight A Laker Soon? [Woj] 

Post#2 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:11 pm

The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html
#MKGA
SonOfMars
RealGM
And1: 2,741

Post#3 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:17 pm

Wow, Sixers would get Bynum?

I hope a deal goes down soon, im tired of hearing about the Dwightmare..
It's worse than the Melo-drama
Props Turbo_Zone
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#4 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:19 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are multiple moving parts in the fluid talks, but the framework of a possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Affalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013. Nevertheless, there was still a sense that Gasol's and Bynum's destinations could be fluid in the talks. Either way, one would go to Orlando and the other to Philadelphia, sources said.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html

Wow, the teams that make out here seem to be Philly and Denver imho. Pau AND Bynum for Howard and Harrington? Not a great deal imho.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#5 » by moabu08 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:20 pm

Im surprised the lakers arent willing to try it out with just Nash Kobe Pau and Bynum.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#6 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:23 pm

j4remi wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Wow, the teams that make out here seem to be Philly and Denver imho. Pau AND Bynum for Howard and Harrington? Not a great deal imho.

Was just saying this to my boy...IDK what the Lakers are thinking.
#MKGA
SonOfMars
RealGM

Post#7 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:23 pm

moabu08 wrote:Im surprised the lakers arent willing to try it out with just Nash Kobe Pau and Bynum.

+1

Thats exactly what they should do
Props Turbo_Zone
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#8 » by AmazingJason » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:24 pm

It's not a bad idea. Having Dwight makes them a top 10 defense. Jamison and Harrington are stretch 4s that will open up the paint for both Dwight and Nash.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
HoneyNutMelos
Pro Prospect
And1: 81

Post#9 » by HoneyNutMelos » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:25 pm

Pau and Bynum for Iggy and Dwight? Ehhhh for Lakeshow..

Bynum to Philly? That can't be good for us.

Only good I can see coming from this is a possible amnesty to Artest.

EDIT------

Read that wrong. Carry on.
biggyfuzz
Sixth Man
And1: 16

Post#10 » by biggyfuzz » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:26 pm

Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#11 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:30 pm

I knew he'd be a Laker. WOO lol. I also always had a weird feeling that Iggy would be a Laker -- always thought he'd be Scottie to Kobe's MJ. Next up, Tayshaun Prince to the Lakers...if that happens, I'm f*cking psychic.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#12 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:32 pm

what are you guys reading ? iggy is going to denver.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#13 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:32 pm

biggyfuzz wrote:Iggy to nuggets? Wilson, Gallo and Iggy at SF?

Iggy at SG maybe? I can't see keeping all three though, they'd probably flip one.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

SonOfMars
RealGM

Post#14 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:33 pm

Andre Iguodala is a great player, i hope he eventually gets put in the right situation

As Paco mentioned, he's Scottie to somebody's Michael
Props Turbo_Zone
SonOfMars
RealGM

Post#15 » by SonOfMars » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:34 pm

Ill Will seems like odd man out..
Props Turbo_Zone
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#16 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:35 pm

j4remi wrote:

Iggy at SG maybe? I can't see keeping all three though, they'd probably flip one.

from the moment they signed wilson i expected them to try and trade him. this is their general m.o. lately, sign guys and then try to trade them.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#17 » by TKF » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:35 pm

SonOfMars wrote:Andre Iguodala is a great player, i hope he eventually gets put in the right situation

As Paco mentioned, he's Scottie to somebody's Michael

not sure he is that good... but he is a pretty good player.. would do well in denvers uptempo system with those young guys they have going... he would fit right in... they would be even more fun to watch..
moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#18 » by moabu08 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:36 pm

SonOfMars wrote:

Ill Will seems like odd man out..

Nuggets have no idea what they are doing honestly. They sign Nene to a long term deal then trade him away for Mcgee who they give a deal to. Ill Will after getting paid probably going to leave soon now with Iggy stepping in. There is always so much turnover on that roster. I really dont see the vision.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#19 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:
j4remi wrote:

from the moment they signed wilson i expected them to try and trade him. this is their general m.o. lately, sign guys and then try to trade them.

In light of these recent moves, I regret that we traded so much for Melo...They'd have extended him sure, and then traded him to us for pennies on the dollar :lol:
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#20 » by Jay10 » Thu Aug 9, 2012 5:39 pm