ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 22,801
And1: 11,939
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#1 » by E-Balla » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:52 pm

That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/

This came out earlier as a 2 sided account of what the case looks like. Don't know what to say about it but the crazy part to me is that the most damning things about Rose came from his deposition (the part when they asked if her texts showed consent and he said no was damning because I would've definitely said yes) and the most damning things against Jane Doe are the things she texted and said. Classic case of he said she said here with Rose coming out sounding like the kid from To Catch a Murderer.

Interesting read but hopefully they settle so we can get our PG for the whole season because while I think Rose has enough evidence to win I think she does too (especially with that "we men" crap).
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
taikibansei
Rookie
Posts: 1,079
And1: 1,331
Joined: Jul 17, 2008
     

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#2 » by taikibansei » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:03 am

E-Balla wrote:That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/

This came out earlier as a 2 sided account of what the case looks like. Don't know what to say about it but the crazy part to me is that the most damning things about Rose came from his deposition (the part when they asked if her texts showed consent and he said no was damning because I would've definitely said yes) and the most damning things against Jane Doe are the things she texted and said. Classic case of he said she said here with Rose coming out sounding like the kid from To Catch a Murderer.

Interesting read but hopefully they settle so we can get our PG for the whole season because while I think Rose has enough evidence to win I think she does too (especially with that "we men" crap).


Kudos for the good link and pertinent analysis of said link.

You know, the judge has said repeatedly, “There can be no doubt that genuine disputes exist as to almost every material fact in this action.” I.e., nobody can say what really happened yet, and most of the recent articles/interviews have just been posturing by either side. Still, I stand by my earlier comment that either Rose is ignoring the advice of his counsel or his counsel is incompetent. (Capn'O said why not both, and he may be right.) Some of the comments made by the Rose camp so far have been...unfortunate.
User avatar
JXL
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,120
And1: 2,888
Joined: Sep 01, 2013
     

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#3 » by JXL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:30 am

Some of the details are pretty awful. Paints Rose as a sexual deviant. I don't want to take sides on this, but somehow I think both of them are going to look terrible after this.
"When the grass is cut, the snakes will show"
-Any player associated with George Karl

Image
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 22,801
And1: 11,939
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#4 » by E-Balla » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:35 am

taikibansei wrote:
E-Balla wrote:That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/

This came out earlier as a 2 sided account of what the case looks like. Don't know what to say about it but the crazy part to me is that the most damning things about Rose came from his deposition (the part when they asked if her texts showed consent and he said no was damning because I would've definitely said yes) and the most damning things against Jane Doe are the things she texted and said. Classic case of he said she said here with Rose coming out sounding like the kid from To Catch a Murderer.

Interesting read but hopefully they settle so we can get our PG for the whole season because while I think Rose has enough evidence to win I think she does too (especially with that "we men" crap).


Kudos for the good link and pertinent analysis of said link.

You know, the judge has said repeatedly, “There can be no doubt that genuine disputes exist as to almost every material fact in this action.” I.e., nobody can say what really happened yet, and most of the recent articles/interviews have just been posturing by either side. Still, I stand by my earlier comment that either Rose is ignoring the advice of his counsel or his counsel is incompetent. (Capn'O said why not both, and he may be right.) Some of the comments made by the Rose camp so far have been...unfortunate.

Yeah Rose just seems incredibly slow to me. Not to say anything bad about dude but he's just slow. I can't stress how bad it looked when he said that text when she said come over didn't imply consent. It seems like he just said the things that would end the interview fastest regardless of whether or not it was true.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
JXL
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,120
And1: 2,888
Joined: Sep 01, 2013
     

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#5 » by JXL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:58 am

taikibansei wrote:
E-Balla wrote:That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/

This came out earlier as a 2 sided account of what the case looks like. Don't know what to say about it but the crazy part to me is that the most damning things about Rose came from his deposition (the part when they asked if her texts showed consent and he said no was damning because I would've definitely said yes) and the most damning things against Jane Doe are the things she texted and said. Classic case of he said she said here with Rose coming out sounding like the kid from To Catch a Murderer.

Interesting read but hopefully they settle so we can get our PG for the whole season because while I think Rose has enough evidence to win I think she does too (especially with that "we men" crap).


Kudos for the good link and pertinent analysis of said link.

You know, the judge has said repeatedly, “There can be no doubt that genuine disputes exist as to almost every material fact in this action.” I.e., nobody can say what really happened yet, and most of the recent articles/interviews have just been posturing by either side. Still, I stand by my earlier comment that either Rose is ignoring the advice of his counsel or his counsel is incompetent. (Capn'O said why not both, and he may be right.) Some of the comments made by the Rose camp so far have been...unfortunate.


Both of their attorneys are basically shame-bashing each other. Rather just pay her off cause it's just going to get uglier.
"When the grass is cut, the snakes will show"
-Any player associated with George Karl

Image
User avatar
madvillian
General Manager
Posts: 9,474
And1: 1,422
Joined: Dec 23, 2004
Location: Brooklyn

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#6 » by madvillian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 am

How the **** did Rose's lawyer not prep him before he took the stand? He doesn't even know what consent means? I mean, come on what is he paying his legal team for exactly if not to prep him for obvious questions like that.

I think like most pro athletes Rose just kinda expects women to drop their panties for him and his boys at a moment's notice. Unlike most pro athletes he's not smart enough to realize it's not because he's Don Juan it's because HE'S RICH AND A LOT OF THEM EXPECT MONEY AND GIFTS.

He should have just paid her off long ago and avoided all this embarrassment. People hear the term "gang rape" and they picture something crazy like snatched into a van and taken into a dungeon -- not just an issue about if a known sexual partner of Rose's was sober enough to give consent.

Not defending Rose at all, who knows, maybe she was too drunk to give consent and she was raped. But this should have been resolved long ago. No criminal charges were ever pressed FWIW.
Loul Deng wrote:
" Defensively we played great, offensively we had Derrick Rose "


Deng says it all post Rose career high 44 in win over Hawks 5/6/11
User avatar
Carl_Karlson
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,228
And1: 2,198
Joined: Dec 18, 2014
     

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#7 » by Carl_Karlson » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
User avatar
madvillian
General Manager
Posts: 9,474
And1: 1,422
Joined: Dec 23, 2004
Location: Brooklyn

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#8 » by madvillian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:45 am

Carl_Karlson wrote:This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong


Eh, it's not that strong otherwise criminal charges would have been brought long ago. Basically it comes down to trying to determine if she was too drunk to give consent. The texts between them indicate maybe she was.

That said, Rose isn't doing himself any favors on the stand. He was awful. His legal team should be embarrassed.
Loul Deng wrote:
" Defensively we played great, offensively we had Derrick Rose "


Deng says it all post Rose career high 44 in win over Hawks 5/6/11
User avatar
Carl_Karlson
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,228
And1: 2,198
Joined: Dec 18, 2014
     

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#9 » by Carl_Karlson » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:48 am

madvillian wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong


Eh, it's not that strong otherwise criminal charges would have been brought long ago. Basically it comes down to trying to determine if she was too drunk to give consent. The texts between them indicate maybe she was.

That said, Rose isn't doing himself any favors on the stand. He was awful. His legal team should be embarrassed.


If his legal team is as bad as it sounds, he should get new representation
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,034
And1: 6,244
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#10 » by jwise44 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:10 am

madvillian wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong


Eh, it's not that strong otherwise criminal charges would have been brought long ago. Basically it comes down to trying to determine if she was too drunk to give consent. The texts between them indicate maybe she was.

That said, Rose isn't doing himself any favors on the stand. He was awful. His legal team should be embarrassed.

Yeah she waited 2 years to bring them? She probably was just getting heat cause she only filed the civil case so she didn't want to look like a gold digger

I have no idea what happened so I won't speak further


But I also had to quote you because I named my newest dog (had him about 2 months now) cutty after cutty wise...older dog is named Omar
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS

lifelong cavs
trophywinner
Junior
Posts: 446
And1: 353
Joined: Feb 23, 2016

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#11 » by trophywinner » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:46 am

she was pretty coherent in her texts. she wanted (actually she was begging) rose to come over and have sex with her. if your f-buddy is texting you to come over at 1am it's for one reason and one reason only.

another thing, accuser's team mentioned today in their conference call that rose took his used condom with him and disposed of it, and will use that in trial as proof that he was aware that he had done something wrong....lol what? what a crock of crap. guys do that ALL the time. especially pro athletes who have A LOT to offer. you dispose of the condom. why? so as not leave your sperm for easy access. people do crazy things sometimes. this whole thing is just dumb. both sides have embarrassed and continue to embarrass themselves. it will settle.
KayCSmooth
Sophomore
Posts: 199
And1: 135
Joined: Jul 11, 2016
   

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#12 » by KayCSmooth » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 am

madvillian wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong


Eh, it's not that strong otherwise criminal charges would have been brought long ago. Basically it comes down to trying to determine if she was too drunk to give consent. The texts between them indicate maybe she was.

That said, Rose isn't doing himself any favors on the stand. He was awful. His legal team should be embarrassed.

I agree... It's truly sad seeing these grown athletes talk like they've never taken an English class before. It makes them easy targets for extortion. These young men and women need to realize there are sick & desperate people out there that'll do anything to get what they want from you. It infuriates me that a person can pretend to be a victim & get paid a large settlement making it harder for real victims to be trusted. It also infuriates me that a person can get away with committing that same crime with no consequences.

As far as Rose goes I hope he didn't rape this woman (for his sake and hers), and I hope his lawyers tell him to never ever open his mouth about it again. There were a few inconsistencies with the accusers story that have me skeptical. One being her initially claiming to not remember anything & being unconscious the whole time, but then saying she watched Rose take his condom off and take it with him. Another is a text from the next morning of her asking Rose to take her for coffee & to work... So it's a he said/she said case for sure. Be careful out there guys & girls!
User avatar
NoStatsGuy
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,710
And1: 388
Joined: Feb 14, 2010
Location: Germany
 

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#13 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:13 am

oh pls god no.. i totally forgot about this. rose seems like a little child who doesnt know ynthing about the world. my god we may be in trouble.. im in kind of a panic mode right now. hope this doesnt distract the team too much and rose should definately start forming a new team around him, these people just dont know what they r doing.
im bout dat action boss
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 20,344
And1: 5,374
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#14 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Off the court Rose is a dumb guy and he does dumb things with his dumb friends and his dumb fu** buddies. I just hope this ends real soon and doesn't blow up.

Just glad knicks signed Jennings also. I think Jennings is gonna surprise a lot of people. He's coming in with a great attitude.
A new era or error?
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,034
And1: 6,244
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Houston, TX
       

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#15 » by jwise44 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:58 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Off the court Rose is a dumb guy and he does dumb things with his dumb friends and his dumb fu** buddies. I just hope this ends real soon and doesn't blow up.

Just glad knicks signed Jennings also. I think Jennings is gonna surprise a lot of people. He's coming in with a great attitude.

Love Jennings as a 6th man but Knicks need to have rose as a starter

But yes rose is so dumb, always has been
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS KNICKS

lifelong cavs
ChilledAlex
Rookie
Posts: 1,207
And1: 561
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
 

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#16 » by ChilledAlex » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:03 pm

trophywinner wrote:she was pretty coherent in her texts. she wanted (actually she was begging) rose to come over and have sex with her. if your f-buddy is texting you to come over at 1am it's for one reason and one reason only.

another thing, accuser's team mentioned today in their conference call that rose took his used condom with him and disposed of it, and will use that in trial as proof that he was aware that he had done something wrong....lol what? what a crock of crap. guys do that ALL the time. especially pro athletes who have A LOT to offer. you dispose of the condom. why? so as not leave your sperm for easy access. people do crazy things sometimes. this whole thing is just dumb. both sides have embarrassed and continue to embarrass themselves. it will settle.




I'm pretty sure thats the famous person 1st and most important **** rule
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,260
And1: 13,347
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#17 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:15 pm

taikibansei wrote:
E-Balla wrote:That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/

This came out earlier as a 2 sided account of what the case looks like. Don't know what to say about it but the crazy part to me is that the most damning things about Rose came from his deposition (the part when they asked if her texts showed consent and he said no was damning because I would've definitely said yes) and the most damning things against Jane Doe are the things she texted and said. Classic case of he said she said here with Rose coming out sounding like the kid from To Catch a Murderer.

Interesting read but hopefully they settle so we can get our PG for the whole season because while I think Rose has enough evidence to win I think she does too (especially with that "we men" crap).


Kudos for the good link and pertinent analysis of said link.

You know, the judge has said repeatedly, “There can be no doubt that genuine disputes exist as to almost every material fact in this action.” I.e., nobody can say what really happened yet, and most of the recent articles/interviews have just been posturing by either side. Still, I stand by my earlier comment that either Rose is ignoring the advice of his counsel or his counsel is incompetent. (Capn'O said why not both, and he may be right.) Some of the comments made by the Rose camp so far have been...unfortunate.


Let me speak from experience about the difficulties of prepping witnesses/clients to testify. I've literally spent hours doing that and they still say what they want to for the most part. They get nervous and they could be overwhelmed by the moment and forget what you prepped them to say. Attorneys, unfortunately, can't testify for their clients (I've wanted to so many time :lol: ). What seems like common sense goes out the window.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,260
And1: 13,347
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#18 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:16 pm

RottenApple wrote:oh pls god no.. i totally forgot about this. rose seems like a little child who doesnt know ynthing about the world. my god we may be in trouble.. im in kind of a panic mode right now. hope this doesnt distract the team too much and rose should definately start forming a new team around him, these people just dont know what they r doing.


It's only a civil case about money. Rose isn't going to jail over this.
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 40,175
And1: 5,531
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#19 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:04 pm

trophywinner wrote:she was pretty coherent in her texts. she wanted (actually she was begging) rose to come over and have sex with her. if your f-buddy is texting you to come over at 1am it's for one reason and one reason only.

lol, stop.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image
User avatar
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
Posts: 40,175
And1: 5,531
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: nyc

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#20 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:06 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Just glad knicks signed Jennings also. I think Jennings is gonna surprise a lot of people. He's coming in with a great attitude.

i can't fathom just how wrong this statement is, ennings is one of the worst players to ever play basketball.

terrible defense
terrible shot selection
terrible attitude
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Image

Return to New York Knicks