ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#1 » by E-Balla » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:52 pm

That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/

This came out earlier as a 2 sided account of what the case looks like. Don't know what to say about it but the crazy part to me is that the most damning things about Rose came from his deposition (the part when they asked if her texts showed consent and he said no was damning because I would've definitely said yes) and the most damning things against Jane Doe are the things she texted and said. Classic case of he said she said here with Rose coming out sounding like the kid from To Catch a Murderer.

Interesting read but hopefully they settle so we can get our PG for the whole season because while I think Rose has enough evidence to win I think she does too (especially with that "we men" crap).
taikibansei
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,636

Re: OT: Both sides of the D-Rose Civil Case 

Post#2 » by taikibansei » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:03 am

E-Balla wrote:That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

This came out earlier as a 2 sided account of what the case looks like. Don't know what to say about it but the crazy part to me is that the most damning things about Rose came from his deposition (the part when they asked if her texts showed consent and he said no was damning because I would've definitely said yes) and the most damning things against Jane Doe are the things she texted and said. Classic case of he said she said here with Rose coming out sounding like the kid from To Catch a Murderer.

Interesting read but hopefully they settle so we can get our PG for the whole season because while I think Rose has enough evidence to win I think she does too (especially with that "we men" crap).

Kudos for the good link and pertinent analysis of said link.

You know, the judge has said repeatedly, “There can be no doubt that genuine disputes exist as to almost every material fact in this action.” I.e., nobody can say what really happened yet, and most of the recent articles/interviews have just been posturing by either side. Still, I stand by my earlier comment that either Rose is ignoring the advice of his counsel or his counsel is incompetent. (Capn'O said why not both, and he may be right.) Some of the comments made by the Rose camp so far have been...unfortunate.
THIN MAN HAS NO HEART!
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,412

Post#3 » by JXL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:30 am

Some of the details are pretty awful. Paints Rose as a sexual deviant. I don't want to take sides on this, but somehow I think both of them are going to look terrible after this.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,403
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#4 » by E-Balla » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:35 am

taikibansei wrote:
E-Balla wrote:That old article about Rose's case got some burn around realgm but it was incredibly one sided to me so I held off on my opinion.

You know, the judge has said repeatedly, “There can be no doubt that genuine disputes exist as to almost every material fact in this action.” I.e., nobody can say what really happened yet, and most of the recent articles/interviews have just been posturing by either side. Still, I stand by my earlier comment that either Rose is ignoring the advice of his counsel or his counsel is incompetent. (Capn'O said why not both, and he may be right.) Some of the comments made by the Rose camp so far have been...unfortunate.

Yeah Rose just seems incredibly slow to me. Not to say anything bad about dude but he's just slow. I can't stress how bad it looked when he said that text when she said come over didn't imply consent. It seems like he just said the things that would end the interview fastest regardless of whether or not it was true.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,412

Post#5 » by JXL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:58 am

taikibansei wrote:

Both of their attorneys are basically shame-bashing each other. Rather just pay her off cause it's just going to get uglier.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#6 » by madvillian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 am

How the **** did Rose's lawyer not prep him before he took the stand? He doesn't even know what consent means? I mean, come on what is he paying his legal team for exactly if not to prep him for obvious questions like that.

I think like most pro athletes Rose just kinda expects women to drop their panties for him and his boys at a moment's notice. Unlike most pro athletes he's not smart enough to realize it's not because he's Don Juan it's because HE'S RICH AND A LOT OF THEM EXPECT MONEY AND GIFTS.

He should have just paid her off long ago and avoided all this embarrassment. People hear the term "gang rape" and they picture something crazy like snatched into a van and taken into a dungeon -- not just an issue about if a known sexual partner of Rose's was sober enough to give consent.

Not defending Rose at all, who knows, maybe she was too drunk to give consent and she was raped. But this should have been resolved long ago. No criminal charges were ever pressed FWIW.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#7 » by Carl_Karlson » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:19 am

This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,696

Post#8 » by madvillian » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:45 am

Carl_Karlson wrote:This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong

Eh, it's not that strong otherwise criminal charges would have been brought long ago. Basically it comes down to trying to determine if she was too drunk to give consent. The texts between them indicate maybe she was.

That said, Rose isn't doing himself any favors on the stand. He was awful. His legal team should be embarrassed.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#9 » by Carl_Karlson » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:48 am

madvillian wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:This is bad. One of those kinds of things that don't even have to be true because the accusation is so strong

Eh, it's not that strong otherwise criminal charges would have been brought long ago. Basically it comes down to trying to determine if she was too drunk to give consent. The texts between them indicate maybe she was.

That said, Rose isn't doing himself any favors on the stand. He was awful. His legal team should be embarrassed.

If his legal team is as bad as it sounds, he should get new representation
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#10 » by jwise44 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:10 am

madvillian wrote:

Yeah she waited 2 years to bring them? She probably was just getting heat cause she only filed the civil case so she didn't want to look like a gold digger

I have no idea what happened so I won't speak further

But I also had to quote you because I named my newest dog (had him about 2 months now) cutty after cutty wise...older dog is named Omar
trophywinner
Junior
And1: 353

Post#11 » by trophywinner » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:46 am

she was pretty coherent in her texts. she wanted (actually she was begging) rose to come over and have sex with her. if your f-buddy is texting you to come over at 1am it's for one reason and one reason only.

another thing, accuser's team mentioned today in their conference call that rose took his used condom with him and disposed of it, and will use that in trial as proof that he was aware that he had done something wrong....lol what? what a crock of crap. guys do that ALL the time. especially pro athletes who have A LOT to offer. you dispose of the condom. why? so as not leave your sperm for easy access. people do crazy things sometimes. this whole thing is just dumb. both sides have embarrassed and continue to embarrass themselves. it will settle.
KayCSmooth
Sophomore
And1: 139

Post#12 » by KayCSmooth » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:52 am

madvillian wrote:

I agree... It's truly sad seeing these grown athletes talk like they've never taken an English class before. It makes them easy targets for extortion. These young men and women need to realize there are sick & desperate people out there that'll do anything to get what they want from you. It infuriates me that a person can pretend to be a victim & get paid a large settlement making it harder for real victims to be trusted. It also infuriates me that a person can get away with committing that same crime with no consequences.

As far as Rose goes I hope he didn't rape this woman (for his sake and hers), and I hope his lawyers tell him to never ever open his mouth about it again. There were a few inconsistencies with the accusers story that have me skeptical. One being her initially claiming to not remember anything & being unconscious the whole time, but then saying she watched Rose take his condom off and take it with him. Another is a text from the next morning of her asking Rose to take her for coffee & to work... So it's a he said/she said case for sure. Be careful out there guys & girls!
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#13 » by NoStatsGuy » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:13 am

oh pls god no.. i totally forgot about this. rose seems like a little child who doesnt know ynthing about the world. my god we may be in trouble.. im in kind of a panic mode right now. hope this doesnt distract the team too much and rose should definately start forming a new team around him, these people just dont know what they r doing.
im bout dat action boss
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#14 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Off the court Rose is a dumb guy and he does dumb things with his dumb friends and his dumb fu** buddies. I just hope this ends real soon and doesn't blow up.

Just glad knicks signed Jennings also. I think Jennings is gonna surprise a lot of people. He's coming in with a great attitude.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#15 » by jwise44 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:58 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Off the court Rose is a dumb guy and he does dumb things with his dumb friends and his dumb fu** buddies. I just hope this ends real soon and doesn't blow up.

Just glad knicks signed Jennings also. I think Jennings is gonna surprise a lot of people. He's coming in with a great attitude.

Love Jennings as a 6th man but Knicks need to have rose as a starter

But yes rose is so dumb, always has been
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#16 » by ChilledAlex » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:03 pm

trophywinner wrote:she was pretty coherent in her texts. she wanted (actually she was begging) rose to come over and have sex with her. if your f-buddy is texting you to come over at 1am it's for one reason and one reason only.

another thing, accuser's team mentioned today in their conference call that rose took his used condom with him and disposed of it, and will use that in trial as proof that he was aware that he had done something wrong....lol what? what a crock of crap. guys do that ALL the time. especially pro athletes who have A LOT to offer. you dispose of the condom. why? so as not leave your sperm for easy access. people do crazy things sometimes. this whole thing is just dumb. both sides have embarrassed and continue to embarrass themselves. it will settle.

I'm pretty sure thats the famous person 1st and most important **** rule
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#17 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:15 pm

taikibansei wrote:

Let me speak from experience about the difficulties of prepping witnesses/clients to testify. I've literally spent hours doing that and they still say what they want to for the most part. They get nervous and they could be overwhelmed by the moment and forget what you prepped them to say. Attorneys, unfortunately, can't testify for their clients (I've wanted to so many time :lol: ). What seems like common sense goes out the window.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#18 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:16 pm

RottenApple wrote:oh pls god no.. i totally forgot about this. rose seems like a little child who doesnt know ynthing about the world. my god we may be in trouble.. im in kind of a panic mode right now. hope this doesnt distract the team too much and rose should definately start forming a new team around him, these people just dont know what they r doing.

It's only a civil case about money. Rose isn't going to jail over this.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#19 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:04 pm

trophywinner wrote:she was pretty coherent in her texts. she wanted (actually she was begging) rose to come over and have sex with her. if your f-buddy is texting you to come over at 1am it's for one reason and one reason only.

lol, stop.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#20 » by blueNorange » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:06 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Just glad knicks signed Jennings also. I think Jennings is gonna surprise a lot of people. He's coming in with a great attitude.

i can't fathom just how wrong this statement is, ennings is one of the worst players to ever play basketball.

terrible defense
terrible shot selection
terrible attitude
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to New York Knicks