ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 217 in MSG pg 37)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi

bringbackhoffa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,414
And1: 1,076
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#581 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:59 pm

HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
I think Nate is on his way to a boxing fight. He was pissed because he was trying to get a boxing license for a while and the UFC denied him but then let Conor get one just like that. So I heard Nate said F it and went and got one anyway so he could be looking to make a transition into the boxing world looking to get paid. Nate vs. Conor Part 3 would make so much sense and would make so much money, it could be a way to keep Nate from walking away. Nate already has mad connections in the Boxing world so he would have no problem getting a fight there.


Dana would have to agree, and only way that happens is if the UFC gets a cut of the profits, and there is no boxing fight that would get Nate over a couple million dollars as Floyd wouldnt fight him


Boxing promoters are trying to buyout his UFC contract


The UFC will never let that happen they got a huge debt to pay due to the purchase, unless they are handing the UFC mid 8 figures for the buyout of Diaz contract that will never happen. Diaz is still a draw for the UFC and he is locked into i believe 4 more fights.
Charlotte
Bledsoe (30) Tedosic (18)
Wiggins (32), Rivers (16)
Prince (31), Oubre (25)
RHJ (32), Siakam (24)
Poethl (32)

DnP: Monk 90/5, Joe johnson 25/1, Dudley 14/1, Raul Neto 6/1, jabari parker 145/5, Okafor 25/2

Cap Remaining 90
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 22,203
And1: 5,357
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#582 » by HEZI » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:19 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
Dana would have to agree, and only way that happens is if the UFC gets a cut of the profits, and there is no boxing fight that would get Nate over a couple million dollars as Floyd wouldnt fight him


Boxing promoters are trying to buyout his UFC contract


The UFC will never let that happen they got a huge debt to pay due to the purchase, unless they are handing the UFC mid 8 figures for the buyout of Diaz contract that will never happen. Diaz is still a draw for the UFC and he is locked into i believe 4 more fights.


Well we'll see how it goes but don't think that Nate will just accept any fight either. Unless he gets a superfight I doubt he's accepting anything less. Other than a Conor trilogy, there really isn't another superfight for him out there so it could get ugly.
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Jerami Grant / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
bringbackhoffa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,414
And1: 1,076
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#583 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:21 pm

HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Boxing promoters are trying to buyout his UFC contract


The UFC will never let that happen they got a huge debt to pay due to the purchase, unless they are handing the UFC mid 8 figures for the buyout of Diaz contract that will never happen. Diaz is still a draw for the UFC and he is locked into i believe 4 more fights.


Well we'll see how it goes but don't think that Nate will just accept any fight either. Unless he gets a superfight I doubt he's accepting anything less. Other than a Conor trilogy, there really isn't another superfight for him out there so it could get ugly.



thats fine he will have to sit out. Dude hasnt earned calling the shots yet.
Charlotte
Bledsoe (30) Tedosic (18)
Wiggins (32), Rivers (16)
Prince (31), Oubre (25)
RHJ (32), Siakam (24)
Poethl (32)

DnP: Monk 90/5, Joe johnson 25/1, Dudley 14/1, Raul Neto 6/1, jabari parker 145/5, Okafor 25/2

Cap Remaining 90
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 22,203
And1: 5,357
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#584 » by HEZI » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:31 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
The UFC will never let that happen they got a huge debt to pay due to the purchase, unless they are handing the UFC mid 8 figures for the buyout of Diaz contract that will never happen. Diaz is still a draw for the UFC and he is locked into i believe 4 more fights.


Well we'll see how it goes but don't think that Nate will just accept any fight either. Unless he gets a superfight I doubt he's accepting anything less. Other than a Conor trilogy, there really isn't another superfight for him out there so it could get ugly.



thats fine he will have to sit out. Dude hasnt earned calling the shots yet.


How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Jerami Grant / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
bringbackhoffa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,414
And1: 1,076
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#585 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:42 pm

HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Well we'll see how it goes but don't think that Nate will just accept any fight either. Unless he gets a superfight I doubt he's accepting anything less. Other than a Conor trilogy, there really isn't another superfight for him out there so it could get ugly.



thats fine he will have to sit out. Dude hasnt earned calling the shots yet.


How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?


Nope, Dana is not forcing him to sit out. Diaz is being an idiot asking for $25 million a fight.
Charlotte
Bledsoe (30) Tedosic (18)
Wiggins (32), Rivers (16)
Prince (31), Oubre (25)
RHJ (32), Siakam (24)
Poethl (32)

DnP: Monk 90/5, Joe johnson 25/1, Dudley 14/1, Raul Neto 6/1, jabari parker 145/5, Okafor 25/2

Cap Remaining 90
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 22,203
And1: 5,357
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#586 » by HEZI » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:48 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
HEZI wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

thats fine he will have to sit out. Dude hasnt earned calling the shots yet.


How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?


Nope, Dana is not forcing him to sit out. Diaz is being an idiot asking for $25 million a fight.


Negotiating tactic
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Jerami Grant / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,870
And1: 8,067
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#587 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:56 pm

HEZI wrote:
How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?


Not until they're sure they can't make the Conor fight happen. That's gonna be worth more than I bet any promoter would risk on a guy who has no pro record. Once Conor's not an option or after more stars are built in the lower weight divisions though, I could see them letting him go. The other thing that'd probably hold them back is that if the boxing thing flops, he could run and sign to a Bellator or Rizin and while the UFC will let top ranked fighters walk to those promotions; there's yet to be a case where they've let one of their top drawing fighters walk.
BAF - Knicks (26)
PG - Payton(70) Monte Morris(1) Goodwin(2) Taylor(1)
SG - Ntilikina(170) L. Williams(65) G. Clavell(1)
SF - Bogdanovich(25) MKG (50)
PF - Saric(125) Zbo(55) Bertans(10)
C - Gobert(380) Olynyk(17) Hartenstein(3)

Ex - A. Kaba(1)
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,323
And1: 13,394
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#588 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:45 am

Woodley and Dana allegedly spoke and worked things out. What that means, I have no idea.
bringbackhoffa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,414
And1: 1,076
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#589 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:32 am

j4remi wrote:
HEZI wrote:
How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?


Not until they're sure they can't make the Conor fight happen. That's gonna be worth more than I bet any promoter would risk on a guy who has no pro record. Once Conor's not an option or after more stars are built in the lower weight divisions though, I could see them letting him go. The other thing that'd probably hold them back is that if the boxing thing flops, he could run and sign to a Bellator or Rizin and while the UFC will let top ranked fighters walk to those promotions; there's yet to be a case where they've let one of their top drawing fighters walk.

Another reason would be is that zuffa is going to step up their presence in the boxing world. They were a couple of instances during the may-mac tour that dana white was wearing a Zuffa boxing t-shirt. What this all means I don't know but I don't think it's a coincidence with more ufc fighters want to box ie Diaz, manuwa, stiepe.

sent using the big baller brand phone
Charlotte
Bledsoe (30) Tedosic (18)
Wiggins (32), Rivers (16)
Prince (31), Oubre (25)
RHJ (32), Siakam (24)
Poethl (32)

DnP: Monk 90/5, Joe johnson 25/1, Dudley 14/1, Raul Neto 6/1, jabari parker 145/5, Okafor 25/2

Cap Remaining 90
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 41,323
And1: 13,394
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: RE: Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#590 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:49 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
j4remi wrote:
HEZI wrote:
How does Dana benefit by having him sit out? Wouldn't it make more sense to accept the buyout?


Not until they're sure they can't make the Conor fight happen. That's gonna be worth more than I bet any promoter would risk on a guy who has no pro record. Once Conor's not an option or after more stars are built in the lower weight divisions though, I could see them letting him go. The other thing that'd probably hold them back is that if the boxing thing flops, he could run and sign to a Bellator or Rizin and while the UFC will let top ranked fighters walk to those promotions; there's yet to be a case where they've let one of their top drawing fighters walk.

Another reason would be is that zuffa is going to step up their presence in the boxing world. They were a couple of instances during the may-mac tour that dana white was wearing a Zuffa boxing t-shirt. What this all means I don't know but I don't think it's a coincidence with more ufc fighters want to box ie Diaz, manuwa, stiepe.

sent using the big baller brand phone


Judging from Saturday night's fight, Manuwa doesn't want to do anything. :lol:
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,870
And1: 8,067
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#591 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:58 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/donald-cerrone-eye-injury-cleared-ufc-214-ufc-216?utm_source=fb-CERRONE214EYECLEARED&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook

Cerrone's lobbying for UFC 216 already but said he'd hold off if they put him in MSG. I'm hoping Jones wants to fight in MSG too. Bisping/GSP, Jones/Gus, Cerrone/Anybody (I'd like Condit to be the guy but they are same camp so maybe Magny I guess)...that's one I might actually pay to go to instead of throwing a viewing party for.
BAF - Knicks (26)
PG - Payton(70) Monte Morris(1) Goodwin(2) Taylor(1)
SG - Ntilikina(170) L. Williams(65) G. Clavell(1)
SF - Bogdanovich(25) MKG (50)
PF - Saric(125) Zbo(55) Bertans(10)
C - Gobert(380) Olynyk(17) Hartenstein(3)

Ex - A. Kaba(1)
bringbackhoffa
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,414
And1: 1,076
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#592 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:06 pm

j4remi wrote:http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/donald-cerrone-eye-injury-cleared-ufc-214-ufc-216?utm_source=fb-CERRONE214EYECLEARED&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=facebook

Cerrone's lobbying for UFC 216 already but said he'd hold off if they put him in MSG. I'm hoping Jones wants to fight in MSG too. Bisping/GSP, Jones/Gus, Cerrone/Anybody (I'd like Condit to be the guy but they are same camp so maybe Magny I guess)...that's one I might actually pay to go to instead of throwing a viewing party for.

Likely masividal vs Thompson will take place on that card too

Joel Romero likely on the card... I know this terrible to think but I kinda hope gsp gets hurt and we really get to see bisping vs Romero...the bad blood between these 2 is unreal

sent using the big baller brand phone
Charlotte
Bledsoe (30) Tedosic (18)
Wiggins (32), Rivers (16)
Prince (31), Oubre (25)
RHJ (32), Siakam (24)
Poethl (32)

DnP: Monk 90/5, Joe johnson 25/1, Dudley 14/1, Raul Neto 6/1, jabari parker 145/5, Okafor 25/2

Cap Remaining 90
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,870
And1: 8,067
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: RE: Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#593 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:32 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Likely masividal vs Thompson will take place on that card too

Joel Romero likely on the card... I know this terrible to think but I kinda hope gsp gets hurt and we really get to see bisping vs Romero...the bad blood between these 2 is unreal

sent using the big baller brand phone


I'd LOVE Masvidal vs Thompson to go down there. I think Yoel still would get screwed since he's coming off a loss and we'd probably wind up with 1-3 in his last 4 fights Weidman getting a title shot in his home state.
BAF - Knicks (26)
PG - Payton(70) Monte Morris(1) Goodwin(2) Taylor(1)
SG - Ntilikina(170) L. Williams(65) G. Clavell(1)
SF - Bogdanovich(25) MKG (50)
PF - Saric(125) Zbo(55) Bertans(10)
C - Gobert(380) Olynyk(17) Hartenstein(3)

Ex - A. Kaba(1)
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 22,203
And1: 5,357
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#594 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:10 pm

Oh snap Luke Rockhold is back. Fighting next month
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Jerami Grant / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,870
And1: 8,067
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#595 » by j4remi » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:21 pm

HEZI wrote:Oh snap Luke Rockhold is back. Fighting next month


The UFC stays throwing other company champions directly into the wolf's den. David Branch is nice but gotta go with Luke assuming he's got his head on straight after the long layoff.
BAF - Knicks (26)
PG - Payton(70) Monte Morris(1) Goodwin(2) Taylor(1)
SG - Ntilikina(170) L. Williams(65) G. Clavell(1)
SF - Bogdanovich(25) MKG (50)
PF - Saric(125) Zbo(55) Bertans(10)
C - Gobert(380) Olynyk(17) Hartenstein(3)

Ex - A. Kaba(1)
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 22,203
And1: 5,357
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#596 » by HEZI » Thu Aug 3, 2017 6:07 pm

j4remi wrote:
HEZI wrote:Oh snap Luke Rockhold is back. Fighting next month


The UFC stays throwing other company champions directly into the wolf's den. David Branch is nice but gotta go with Luke assuming he's got his head on straight after the long layoff.


Apparently Luke offered the match to Yoel but Yoel didn't want it
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu / Jerami Grant / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
SH0KASE
Junior
Posts: 372
And1: 274
Joined: Dec 01, 2014

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#597 » by SH0KASE » Thu Aug 3, 2017 7:04 pm

who the **** is nate diaz to be demanding that money and super fights? He lost like half his fights and never smelled a title before. Conor gave him 2 red panty nights and now he thinks he a superstar world beater. Dude needs to hop off mcgregors nuts and move on.
User avatar
Mauro Pedrosa
Pro Prospect
Posts: 895
And1: 978
Joined: Oct 15, 2016
Contact:
   

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#598 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:05 am

Nice to see fellow MMA fans. I came here to see your thoughts on Kyrie but stayed for the fight talk :)
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 31,870
And1: 8,067
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#599 » by j4remi » Fri Aug 4, 2017 1:36 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Nice to see fellow MMA fans. I came here to see your thoughts on Kyrie but stayed for the fight talk :)


Always good to add more perspectives to these discussions. Welcome to the mix 8-)
BAF - Knicks (26)
PG - Payton(70) Monte Morris(1) Goodwin(2) Taylor(1)
SG - Ntilikina(170) L. Williams(65) G. Clavell(1)
SF - Bogdanovich(25) MKG (50)
PF - Saric(125) Zbo(55) Bertans(10)
C - Gobert(380) Olynyk(17) Hartenstein(3)

Ex - A. Kaba(1)
User avatar
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,101
And1: 592
Joined: Oct 20, 2003
Location: Hong Kong
 

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#600 » by matchman » Sun Aug 6, 2017 3:25 am

Wow Peru got a rising star in Bandenay, that kick is impressive and he is only 22!
Are you fans of the team or the player?

Return to New York Knicks