ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC

User avatar
Pharmcat
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,099
And1: 1,492
Joined: Oct 05, 2002

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#241 » by Pharmcat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:31 pm

Sark wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:Sure.

Kap can't get a job because he spoke up.
That is called STFU and play ball. Common sense tells the world that. The NFL has every right to do exactly what they are doing and we have every right to call it fuqed up bull.

Talk is cheap, make a stand and dont support them, if you really think what the NFL did was truly messed up.



Basically this. Protest the NFL if you think they are wrong. Your freedom of speech allows you to do that.


nfl ratings were down last year and were down again this past TNF match
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 40,049
And1: 12,293
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#242 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
Greenie wrote:
That's why there is a problem. How is this hard to understand? Black folks are not feeling as to why he's not signed. We all know it's not football reasons. Mofo's will beat a female damn near to death, kill(hi Ray), steal or rob and still keep a job in the NFL. Let a dude stand up for civil rights and he's shunned.

It's a modern day n*** rule. He's being told to fall in line.


this is where we are as a society right now when it comes to the NFL: we are ok with druggies playing in it, criminals playing in it, women beaters playing in it, no problem. But a player using his 1st amendment right in a peaceful way: people stop watching and the NFL blackballs him

I don't think a player should lose his right to earn an income because of something that happened off the court.

Now while I do know Kap has a right to exercise his rights, and I do applaud him for doing so, there are risks to it when done at your place of work. Fair or unfair, the risks were known and there.


The risks are dealing with narrow-minded team owners who don't believe in free speech or non-speech. I mean the guy is just taking a knee in silent protest. He's not being disrespectful in the sense of being actively disruptive by, for example, burning a flag or chanting something offensive during the playing of the anthem.

How about this? I don't even see the need to play the darn song before every freaking game. What does that song have to do with pro sports anyhow? Just another stupid tradition being forced upon us paying customers. I heard that in Yankee Stadium if you don't stand for the 7th inning playing of "God Bless America," they will escort you out of the stadium. Yeah, God bless America for all this freedom not to do what I want to do. Thanks. And it's Kate Smith's version of the song. Ew. At least play Ray Charles's "America The Beautiful." I'd stand for Ray. But I'm an atheist and a pacifist (unless somebody gets in my grill or is bullying someone), why should I have to stand for all this talk about a so-called god and bombs bursting in air? You wanna know about "God," well, just before that female Florida real estate agent got murdered by her ex-husband right before Irma landed in Florida, she was on Facebook talking about how this has been the best time in her life and that "God has been so good." Next day, dead. God has a very dark sense of humor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/arrested-death-texas-realtor-missing-harvey-article-1.3483688

It's all a bunch of BS. I think the real reason why the owners are resistant to signing him is that of pressure from local police unions who are saying that if the team signs him, that they're going to strike or not do their jobs. I believe that's what happened in SF.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-union-threatens-to-pull-cops-from-49ers-games-over-kaepernick-protest/
User avatar
Pharmcat
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,099
And1: 1,492
Joined: Oct 05, 2002

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#243 » by Pharmcat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:Freedom of speech only protects you from government prosecution. The NFL not signing Kap is not an example of denying free speech nor infringing on his rights.

Sure.

Kap can't get a job because he spoke up.
That is called STFU and play ball. Common sense tells the world that. The NFL has every right to do exactly what they are doing and we have every right to call it fuqed up bull.


pretty much...we call it freedom of speech but if it ends our method of livelihood then how free are we really?
Image
User avatar
Pharmcat
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,099
And1: 1,492
Joined: Oct 05, 2002

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#244 » by Pharmcat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Sark wrote:Honestly Kaepernick's biggest issue is that he's not that good at QB. If he were a better player, someone would give him a chance. Look at Ray Rice and Ezekiel Elliot. Rice sucks now and is old, and he hits his wife. Elliot is good and young, and he hits his gf and still has a job. If you're good, you'll keep getting chances until you suck. Then you get no more chances.


I agree with this and it goes back to my point of where we are at as a society where we judge the content of a man's action or crime not on its merit but by how talented that man is in his sport.
Image
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 45,713
And1: 20,847
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Probably your foe list.
     

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#245 » by Greenie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:42 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
Sark wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Talk is cheap, make a stand and dont support them, if you really think what the NFL did was truly messed up.



Basically this. Protest the NFL if you think they are wrong. Your freedom of speech allows you to do that.


nfl ratings were down last year and were down again this past TNF match

I damn sure not watching.
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein|Patterson|
F:Aldridge|Lydon|
F:Barnes|Johnson|
G:Brogdon|Lee|Bacon
G:Hill|Joseph|Carter-Williams
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
Cap Left: $168
User avatar
Sark
RealGM
Posts: 10,957
And1: 5,137
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#246 » by Sark » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:Freedom of speech only protects you from government prosecution. The NFL not signing Kap is not an example of denying free speech nor infringing on his rights.

Sure.

Kap can't get a job because he spoke up.
That is called STFU and play ball. Common sense tells the world that. The NFL has every right to do exactly what they are doing and we have every right to call it fuqed up bull.


pretty much...we call it freedom of speech but if it ends our method of livelihood then how free are we really?


It's pretty damn free. In other countries you can get arrested and killed for speaking your mind.

Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right. He's free to do whatever he wants otherwise.
Greenie: Disagree. I think Tatum is going to be better than KP. I don't know about DSjr.

viewtopic.php?p=53748100#p53748100
User avatar
Blockwatcher
Starter
Posts: 2,416
And1: 976
Joined: Jan 23, 2014
Location: In the tank
 

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#247 » by Blockwatcher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
this is where we are as a society right now when it comes to the NFL: we are ok with druggies playing in it, criminals playing in it, women beaters playing in it, no problem. But a player using his 1st amendment right in a peaceful way: people stop watching and the NFL blackballs him

I don't think a player should lose his right to earn an income because of something that happened off the court.

Now while I do know Kap has a right to exercise his rights, and I do applaud him for doing so, there are risks to it when done at your place of work. Fair or unfair, the risks were known and there.


The risks are dealing with narrow-minded team owners who don't believe in free speech or non-speech. I mean the guy is just taking a knee in silent protest. He's not being disrespectful in the sense of being actively disruptive by, for example, burning a flag or chanting something offensive during the playing of the anthem.

How about this? I don't even see the need to play the darn song before every freaking game. What does that song have to do with pro sports anyhow? Just another stupid tradition being forced upon us paying customers. I heard that in Yankee Stadium if you don't stand for the 7th inning playing of "God Bless America," they will escort you out of the stadium. Yeah, God bless America for all this freedom not to do what I want to do. Thanks. And it's Kate Smith's version of the song. Ew. At least play Ray Charles's "America The Beautiful." I'd stand for Ray. But I'm an atheist and a pacifist (unless somebody gets in my grill or is bullying someone), why should I have to stand for all this talk about a so-called god and bombs bursting in air? You wanna know about "God," well, just before that female Florida real estate agent got murdered by her ex-husband right before Irma landed in Florida, she was on Facebook talking about how this has been the best time in her life and that "God has been so good." Next day, dead. God has a very dark sense of humor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/arrested-death-texas-realtor-missing-harvey-article-1.3483688

It's all a bunch of BS. I think the real reason why the owners are resistant to signing him is that of pressure from local police unions who are saying that if the team signs him, that they're going to strike or not do their jobs. I believe that's what happened in SF.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-union-threatens-to-pull-cops-from-49ers-games-over-kaepernick-protest/


Why you blaming God for something a man did?
I agree with you about the freedom to not stand , kneel , sit , or not hire somebody because you think it will hurt profits.
But you ain't gotta bring God into this
1 John 2 : 15-17
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 21,544
And1: 2,504
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#248 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 am

Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Free speech in America. Everyone loves it until someone does it.


Free speech =/= consequence free speech.
I think it was Don Imus who went on that racist rant on WFAN and lost his job "but but free speech." Of course his speech was hateful, ignorant and awful (coupled with other things). I don't know Imus at all, but I am glad his employer got rid of him after that incident...

Is what Kap doing racist?


What Kap has done to make himself a tough sell on ownership isn't even about race. It isn't about the anthem. It seems to be about his behaviors outside of that which include being just fine with his GF playing with photoshop, encouraging people NOT TO VOTE, and wearing fidel castro clothing.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 21,544
And1: 2,504
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: RE: Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#249 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:59 am

ohboy109 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
ohboy109 wrote:

Peter **** kay show up..kay is the best on that show


I agree that I don't like Peter, but just for my internal polling results as a Kay fan do you happen to also be a Yankee fan?

Yes i am..legreca dont like basketball thats why i feel him to much either..

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app


Regarding basketball, all they care about is the personal drama.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 40,049
And1: 12,293
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#250 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:45 am

Blockwatcher wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I don't think a player should lose his right to earn an income because of something that happened off the court.

Now while I do know Kap has a right to exercise his rights, and I do applaud him for doing so, there are risks to it when done at your place of work. Fair or unfair, the risks were known and there.


The risks are dealing with narrow-minded team owners who don't believe in free speech or non-speech. I mean the guy is just taking a knee in silent protest. He's not being disrespectful in the sense of being actively disruptive by, for example, burning a flag or chanting something offensive during the playing of the anthem.

How about this? I don't even see the need to play the darn song before every freaking game. What does that song have to do with pro sports anyhow? Just another stupid tradition being forced upon us paying customers. I heard that in Yankee Stadium if you don't stand for the 7th inning playing of "God Bless America," they will escort you out of the stadium. Yeah, God bless America for all this freedom not to do what I want to do. Thanks. And it's Kate Smith's version of the song. Ew. At least play Ray Charles's "America The Beautiful." I'd stand for Ray. But I'm an atheist and a pacifist (unless somebody gets in my grill or is bullying someone), why should I have to stand for all this talk about a so-called god and bombs bursting in air? You wanna know about "God," well, just before that female Florida real estate agent got murdered by her ex-husband right before Irma landed in Florida, she was on Facebook talking about how this has been the best time in her life and that "God has been so good." Next day, dead. God has a very dark sense of humor.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/arrested-death-texas-realtor-missing-harvey-article-1.3483688

It's all a bunch of BS. I think the real reason why the owners are resistant to signing him is that of pressure from local police unions who are saying that if the team signs him, that they're going to strike or not do their jobs. I believe that's what happened in SF.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-union-threatens-to-pull-cops-from-49ers-games-over-kaepernick-protest/


Why you blaming God for something a man did?
I agree with you about the freedom to not stand , kneel , sit , or not hire somebody because you think it will hurt profits.
But you ain't gotta bring God into this


I'm not blaming God for what the ex-husband, I'm saying religious people are under the mistaken belief that there is a god who is involved and interested in their personal lives.

The God issue is an example of how societal norms or traditions are impinging on our first amendment freedoms to express our political, civil and religious grievances or disagreements nonviolently. Why should I have to stand for "God Bless America" at a Yankees' game?
User avatar
NY2TheBay
General Manager
Posts: 7,582
And1: 3,415
Joined: Sep 28, 2010
Location: On point like Steve Nash.
 

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#251 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:15 am

what is done in the dark comes to the light.
When the grass is cut the snakes will show.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,126
And1: 18,828
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#252 » by Capn'O » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:20 am

NY2TheBay wrote:what is done in the dark comes to the light.


Also, when the grass is cut the snakes will show :wink:
BAF - ClippeRS
PG: Walker 310/5|Tim "Clyde" Frazier 10/2| Grant 5/3
SG: G. Harris 160/5|Ellington $11/2|TFerg 18/5
SF: Gallo 140/3|Dekker 25/3
PF: Isaac 135/5|Harrell 21/4|AMFPB 2/2
C: Pau 95/1|Len 15/4|ZUBLOCKA 20/5
User avatar
NY2TheBay
General Manager
Posts: 7,582
And1: 3,415
Joined: Sep 28, 2010
Location: On point like Steve Nash.
 

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#253 » by NY2TheBay » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:24 am

Capn'O wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:what is done in the dark comes to the light.


Also, when the grass is cut the snakes will show :wink:


Image
When the grass is cut the snakes will show.
User avatar
GEOLINK
Senior
Posts: 713
And1: 416
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#254 » by GEOLINK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:31 am

NY2TheBay wrote:what is done in the dark comes to the light.

Sex?
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 45,713
And1: 20,847
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Probably your foe list.
     

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#255 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:21 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Free speech =/= consequence free speech.
I think it was Don Imus who went on that racist rant on WFAN and lost his job "but but free speech." Of course his speech was hateful, ignorant and awful (coupled with other things). I don't know Imus at all, but I am glad his employer got rid of him after that incident...

Is what Kap doing racist?


What Kap has done to make himself a tough sell on ownership isn't even about race. It isn't about the anthem. It seems to be about his behaviors outside of that which include being just fine with his GF playing with photoshop, encouraging people NOT TO VOTE, and wearing fidel castro clothing.


He can't control what other people do.
Where and when did he encourage people not to vote? I would love to see that. I know he didn't vote(I don't agree with that at all).
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein|Patterson|
F:Aldridge|Lydon|
F:Barnes|Johnson|
G:Brogdon|Lee|Bacon
G:Hill|Joseph|Carter-Williams
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
Cap Left: $168
seren
RealGM
Posts: 21,196
And1: 1,390
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#256 » by seren » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:41 pm

NFL made it clear what politics are okay and what are not. A guy like Tebow got multiple chances although he sucked way way worse. He is as political, probably more, as Kap. I am done with NFL and stopped watching this year for good (have cut down over years). It is not even about owners really since they follow their viewers. I have been asking myself for years whether I want my son to play or even follow this sport with all the concussion stuff and the league lying about it. I came to the conclusion no. I don't want him to follow what is now pretty much a redneck sport.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 45,713
And1: 20,847
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Probably your foe list.
     

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#257 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 pm

NY2TheBay wrote:what is done in the dark comes to the light.

Always
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein|Patterson|
F:Aldridge|Lydon|
F:Barnes|Johnson|
G:Brogdon|Lee|Bacon
G:Hill|Joseph|Carter-Williams
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
Cap Left: $168
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 22,389
And1: 6,272
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Frank Gang Gang
     

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#258 » by Mecca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Sark wrote:Honestly Kaepernick's biggest issue is that he's not that good at QB. If he were a better player, someone would give him a chance. Look at Ray Rice and Ezekiel Elliot. Rice sucks now and is old, and he hits his wife. Elliot is good and young, and he hits his gf and still has a job. If you're good, you'll keep getting chances until you suck. Then you get no more chances.



Wrong. Elliot's case doesn't have video evidence and there are law officers that believe that his ex is just trying to be petty with him as the story doesn't add up.

Secondly, Kaepernick can start on a handful of teams right now. He would make the Jaguars a playoff contender. He'd let the Colts survive without Luck. Do you see the Jets QB situation? Go look at Kaep's TD/INT ratio.

I just copped a Kaepernick jersey and rock it all the time.
BBB Brooklyn Nets:
1 | Lonzo Ball(19) | Jawun Evans(21)
2 | CJ McCollum(25) | Iman Shumpert(27)
3 | Caris LeVert(23)
4 | Ben Simmons(21)
5 | Dewayne Dedmon(27)
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 45,713
And1: 20,847
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Probably your foe list.
     

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#259 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:23 pm

seren wrote:NFL made it clear what politics are okay and what are not. A guy like Tebow got multiple chances although he sucked way way worse. He is as political, probably more, as Kap. I am done with NFL and stopped watching this year for good (have cut down over years). It is not even about owners really since they follow their viewers. I have been asking myself for years whether I want my son to play or even follow this sport with all the concussion stuff and the league lying about it. I came to the conclusion no. I don't want him to follow what is now pretty much a redneck sport.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app



My kid is NEVER playing football. Never.
Fall in love basketball, baseball, soccer track and field, tennis or golf. Football will be forbidden.
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein|Patterson|
F:Aldridge|Lydon|
F:Barnes|Johnson|
G:Brogdon|Lee|Bacon
G:Hill|Joseph|Carter-Williams
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
Cap Left: $168
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 45,713
And1: 20,847
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Probably your foe list.
     

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#260 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Mecca wrote:
Sark wrote:Honestly Kaepernick's biggest issue is that he's not that good at QB. If he were a better player, someone would give him a chance. Look at Ray Rice and Ezekiel Elliot. Rice sucks now and is old, and he hits his wife. Elliot is good and young, and he hits his gf and still has a job. If you're good, you'll keep getting chances until you suck. Then you get no more chances.



Wrong. Elliot's case doesn't have video evidence and there are law officers that believe that his ex is just trying to be petty with him as the story doesn't add up.

Secondly, Kaepernick can start on a handful of teams right now. He would make the Jaguars a playoff contender. He'd let the Colts survive without Luck. Do you see the Jets QB situation? Go look at Kaep's TD/INT ratio.

I just copped a Kaepernick jersey and rock it all the time.



There was video of dude doing dumb **** to women.

Image
BAF - Pistons
F:Cauley-Stein|Patterson|
F:Aldridge|Lydon|
F:Barnes|Johnson|
G:Brogdon|Lee|Bacon
G:Hill|Joseph|Carter-Williams
Head Coach - Stan Van Gundy
Cap Left: $168

Return to New York Knicks