ImageImageImageImage

Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins)

Moderators: Howard Mass, UCF, ChosenSavior, Knightro, SOUL, Def Swami, UCFJayBird

pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,144
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Mo Bamba contracted COVID-19 in June, says it significantly hurt his conditioning (Robbins) 

Post#41 » by pepe1991 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:52 am

npiper17 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
What I don't understand is why not shut Mo down for the season?
And why admit it now after he has struggled and been relegated to the bench? Almost like Magic realize he is not the prospect they once thought of and now trying to make sure his value doesn't bottom out.


I don't understand Magic shady approach with media at all.

Remember when in playoffs they refused to officially annaunce that Bamba and Fultz won't play for rest of a year?
Bamba was " getting better" or whatever they were lying to media ,just to find out Bamba was not even ready to play full time in summer league ,months later, after season for Orlando was finished.

Whole Fultz "personal reasons" absence from a first week of a bubble is also shady. Why nobody asked why he was out? Isn't that most logical question. I mean we know that Zion was out for "personal " it was - close family urgency. So something about his mom, dad or brother :dontknow:

isaac injury situation. Did he have surgery ? Why he was out for so long ? Why they didn't do surgery in first place if recovery took so long? Did they rush last part of recovery? Was early injury connected with ACL tear ( some youtube doctor said it might be ) .


Than we got this whole Bamba corona thing where it's still hard to know what's true what's rumor, about him being tested positive, than being tested twice -false positive after.
Than they said he is limited on 5 mpg , just for him to play more game later or so...

Just... What's going on? How can president of basketball operations even manipulate media and avoid any backlash from media ? Because nobody cares for Orlando ?
Weltman would get himself fired after 1 week of Knicks media.



Fultz’s partner gave birth to his first child. Is this really something you feel a team needs to announce?


Why not? We know for fact that Hayward, Conley and Schroder all knew that they will leave bubble at some point due expecting babies...
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
Ducklett
Analyst
Posts: 3,037
And1: 1,948
Joined: Jul 17, 2012

Re: Mo Bamba contracted COVID-19 in June, says it significantly hurt his conditioning (Robbins) 

Post#42 » by Ducklett » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:27 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:As someone doing COVID-19 research (why I have not been active on the board)- we call these patients "long haulers"- the symptoms are terrifying and can last anywhere from 12-18 months (that time frame is what Chinese researchers found during the 2003 SARS outbreak which was also a coronavirus).

In light of this, I think its wise to shut Mo down and let him recover completely. There is also a possibility he might have lingering effects into the 20-21 season.


I'm not questioning your research or anything that SARS, MERS, etc has shown, but the virus isn't even 12 months old, how are we calling patients long haulers? Just assuming it acts the same as the MERS family? And everything I have read about these lingering/reoccurring symptoms in specifically COVID patients are all in patients that had pre-existing conditions, would that run parallel to your own findings? Sorry, you can just PM me if you want about this because I find the science and research fascinating.
npiper17
General Manager
Posts: 9,328
And1: 2,317
Joined: Mar 06, 2003
Location: Edinburgh, UK

Re: Mo Bamba contracted COVID-19 in June, says it significantly hurt his conditioning (Robbins) 

Post#43 » by npiper17 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:35 am

pepe1991 wrote:
npiper17 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
I don't understand Magic shady approach with media at all.

Remember when in playoffs they refused to officially annaunce that Bamba and Fultz won't play for rest of a year?
Bamba was " getting better" or whatever they were lying to media ,just to find out Bamba was not even ready to play full time in summer league ,months later, after season for Orlando was finished.

Whole Fultz "personal reasons" absence from a first week of a bubble is also shady. Why nobody asked why he was out? Isn't that most logical question. I mean we know that Zion was out for "personal " it was - close family urgency. So something about his mom, dad or brother :dontknow:

isaac injury situation. Did he have surgery ? Why he was out for so long ? Why they didn't do surgery in first place if recovery took so long? Did they rush last part of recovery? Was early injury connected with ACL tear ( some youtube doctor said it might be ) .


Than we got this whole Bamba corona thing where it's still hard to know what's true what's rumor, about him being tested positive, than being tested twice -false positive after.
Than they said he is limited on 5 mpg , just for him to play more game later or so...

Just... What's going on? How can president of basketball operations even manipulate media and avoid any backlash from media ? Because nobody cares for Orlando ?
Weltman would get himself fired after 1 week of Knicks media.



Fultz’s partner gave birth to his first child. Is this really something you feel a team needs to announce?


Why not? We know for fact that Hayward, Conley and Schroder all knew that they will leave bubble at some point due expecting babies...


Because it’s an issue to do with someone’s personal life. If Fultz didn’t want the news getting out then he has every right to ask that it doesn’t.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,067
And1: 9,007
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Mo Bamba contracted COVID-19 in June, says it significantly hurt his conditioning (Robbins) 

Post#44 » by Knightro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,067
And1: 9,007
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#45 » by Knightro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 8,067
And1: 9,007
Joined: Dec 18, 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
 

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#46 » by Knightro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:52 pm

There have been studies that have indicated that people who have contracted and recovered from COVID-19 have still suffered damage to their heart which in some cases has been equivalent to a cardiac episode, so hopefully Bamba's doing well and can make a full recovery.
User avatar
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 24,181
And1: 12,489
Joined: Aug 04, 2008
Location: Aaron Gordon Island
Contact:
     

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#47 » by Def Swami » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:02 pm

He must have gotten hit hard by the virus. The lasting effects of COVID-19 are real. Especially for people who are really active. The regular layperson who probably doesn't run a daily basis may not notice a difference. But, I know some folks who are pretty active who are distance runners who still feel winded far more easily than they normally would. I bet he didn't really notice the lack of wind until he started playing basketball again.

I hope Bamba does well. I feel for him. There are case reports of people developing blood clots in their lungs, coronary artery disease, and dealing with reduced lung capacity. If there's any question about this, then the Magic are doing the right thing and sending him out of the bubble to get more tests and get right.
Skin
RealGM
Posts: 15,367
And1: 7,154
Joined: Jul 03, 2009
   

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#48 » by Skin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Yet somehow I get the feeling that Bamba bashers are still gonna continue to label him as lazy chump.

Get well Mo Bamba!

Image
Fultz, _____, Okeke, Isaac, Bamba. LET'S GO!
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 9,408
And1: 3,550
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#49 » by basketballRob » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Like I said maybe he's an A blood type, who it hits worse. I also heard it can cause blood clotting and severe fatigue that could last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
RookieStar
General Manager
Posts: 8,724
And1: 1,563
Joined: Jul 01, 2009
 

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a 

Post#50 » by RookieStar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:54 pm

basketballRob wrote:Like I said maybe he's an A blood type, who it hits worse. I also heard it can cause blood clotting and severe fatigue that could last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Where did you read about the A blood-type? Cuz what I read it was the B+??? And the "luckiest" were the O+?

Anyway back to the topic : YES, the org did the right thing. This virus is still new to us and as reports stated, everyone is affected DIFFERENTLY. If there is even a "slightest" chance of it affecting Mo's breathing/whatever.... well this is juts basketball compared to a person's life/health.
User avatar
MrDollarBills
RealGM
Posts: 34,167
And1: 12,829
Joined: Feb 15, 2008
     

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Nets fan here, I hope Mo will be okay. This sounds eerily like what happened with Spencer Dinwiddie when he contracted the virus. He was unable to do any physical activity due to fatigue that lingered even after the virus ran it's course, which is why he's not with us in the Bubble.

Scary stuff.
Wear your insides...on the outside,
Show your enemy...what you look like
basketballRob
General Manager
Posts: 9,408
And1: 3,550
Joined: May 05, 2014
     

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a 

Post#52 » by basketballRob » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Like I said maybe he's an A blood type, who it hits worse. I also heard it can cause blood clotting and severe fatigue that could last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Where did you read about the A blood-type? Cuz what I read it was the B+??? And the "luckiest" were the O+?

Anyway back to the topic : YES, the org did the right thing. This virus is still new to us and as reports stated, everyone is affected DIFFERENTLY. If there is even a "slightest" chance of it affecting Mo's breathing/whatever.... well this is juts basketball compared to a person's life/health.
O is the least like to get infected or have serious case. B is in the middle.


Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
Posts: 44,733
And1: 24,467
Joined: Dec 11, 2006
Location: 트와이스
     

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#53 » by SOUL » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:16 pm

This is no joke, I hope he's okay.
pepe1991
RealGM
Posts: 12,144
And1: 9,814
Joined: Jan 10, 2016
   

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#54 » by pepe1991 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Team has no intention of using him anyway this year.
Now he can focus on golf, just needs to find new partner, Taco is busy.
"A straight path never leads anywhere except to the objective."
Andre Gide
User avatar
rcklsscognition
RealGM
Posts: 21,660
And1: 6,838
Joined: Mar 23, 2009
Contact:
 

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#55 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:08 pm

Hope he cashes out his insurance and recovers eventually. No need to play again in the NBA and waste your life. Best wishes, hopefully he can recover.
Image
OrlChamps2030
Head Coach
Posts: 7,074
And1: 3,674
Joined: Jul 18, 2009
   

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a 

Post#56 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:09 am

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Like I said maybe he's an A blood type, who it hits worse. I also heard it can cause blood clotting and severe fatigue that could last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app


Where did you read about the A blood-type? Cuz what I read it was the B+??? And the "luckiest" were the O+?

Anyway back to the topic : YES, the org did the right thing. This virus is still new to us and as reports stated, everyone is affected DIFFERENTLY. If there is even a "slightest" chance of it affecting Mo's breathing/whatever.... well this is juts basketball compared to a person's life/health.


Did the org do the right thing? Why did he even come back in the first place? Why showcase his sick gainz? And then to go through practice, scrimmages, and real games only to get pulled out of the bubble afterwards..

Weird series of events. But 2020’s been a weird, terrible year all around. More than anything I hope Mo is alright in the long term.
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,368
And1: 10,831
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#57 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 am

The Bamba nightmare continues. This obviously extends beyond basketball and I do wish him the best, COVID certainly seems to affect everyone differently, I just think its incredibly unfortunate how, once again, this organization chose to handle things from a media standpoint.

Not disclosing the illness and seemingly using that and him, a professional athlete, being out of shape (despite apparently working out and putting on muscle) as an excuse not to play him just looked bad from that start. If he couldn't reveal the illness at least don't insinuate that him being out of shape due to putting on weight is why he couldn't. Especially after he went to the media and talked about how much he's been working out and the amount of muscle he put on.

They did the same thing with his stress fracture last year. They were so vague about his injury and when he would come back instead of just ruling him out for the season (he was a raw 20-year-old 7-1 center with a stress fracture for god's sake). Instead, all it did was cause people to speculate that Birch playing well and Bamba's poor play before the injury was the reason they didn't bring him back.

People can say that media and fan perception doesn't matter, but the fact is it does. It's why professional organizations have an entire team of people dedicated to handling it. We don't do it well.
Image
User avatar
J-Mezzy
RealGM
Posts: 19,721
And1: 2,117
Joined: Jan 21, 2004
Location: Orlando

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#58 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:56 am

I am currently with covid 19

It had a weird effect on me. Only 1 day of symptoms which were sore throat, being lethargic, and fever. But for some reason this really affected my back. I have 2 herniated discs but I have been ok for years, but man it has been terrible since contracting this

Don't know if it's related, I know one of the symptoms is body aches and muscle pain, but maybe it's from being in a bed all day in quarantine.

Anyways. I have been able to lift at home and it has not affected my energy too much..I will let you guys know if it impacts my running once my back feels better
Image
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
User avatar
PrimeThyme
General Manager
Posts: 8,368
And1: 10,831
Joined: May 25, 2016
Location: Doak Campbell
 

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#59 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:01 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I am currently with covid 19

It had a weird effect on me. Only 1 day of symptoms which were sore throat, being lethargic, and fever. But for some reason this really affected my back. I have 2 herniated discs but I have been ok for years, but man it has been terrible since contracting this

Don't know if it's related, I know one of the symptoms is body aches and muscle pain, but maybe it's from being in a bed all day in quarantine.

Anyways. I have been able to lift at home and it has not affected my energy too much..I will let you guys know if it impacts my running once my back feels better

Keep us updated man! Hopefully, your overall symptoms remain relatively manageable and the backpain subsides at some point. I've heard that body aches are a symptom for a lot of people. Best of luck to you!
Image
User avatar
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,765
And1: 496
Joined: Mar 01, 2005
Location: Retire #25!
 

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#60 » by TheGlyde » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:03 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I am currently with covid 19

It had a weird effect on me. Only 1 day of symptoms which were sore throat, being lethargic, and fever. But for some reason this really affected my back. I have 2 herniated discs but I have been ok for years, but man it has been terrible since contracting this

Don't know if it's related, I know one of the symptoms is body aches and muscle pain, but maybe it's from being in a bed all day in quarantine.

Anyways. I have been able to lift at home and it has not affected my energy too much..I will let you guys know if it impacts my running once my back feels better


Hey Mezzy,

Just wanted to say all the best and get well soon man.
Orlando Magic Historian

Return to Orlando Magic