ImageImageImageImage

Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,256

Re: Mo Bamba contracted COVID-19 in June, says it significantly hurt his conditioning (Robbins) 

Post#41 » by pepe1991 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:52 am

npiper17 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
What I don't understand is why not shut Mo down for the season?
And why admit it now after he has struggled and been relegated to the bench? Almost like Magic realize he is not the prospect they once thought of and now trying to make sure his value doesn't bottom out.

I don't understand Magic shady approach with media at all.

Remember when in playoffs they refused to officially annaunce that Bamba and Fultz won't play for rest of a year?
Bamba was " getting better" or whatever they were lying to media ,just to find out Bamba was not even ready to play full time in summer league ,months later, after season for Orlando was finished.

Whole Fultz "personal reasons" absence from a first week of a bubble is also shady. Why nobody asked why he was out? Isn't that most logical question. I mean we know that Zion was out for "personal " it was - close family urgency. So something about his mom, dad or brother :dontknow:

isaac injury situation. Did he have surgery ? Why he was out for so long ? Why they didn't do surgery in first place if recovery took so long? Did they rush last part of recovery? Was early injury connected with ACL tear ( some youtube doctor said it might be ) .

Than we got this whole Bamba corona thing where it's still hard to know what's true what's rumor, about him being tested positive, than being tested twice -false positive after.
Than they said he is limited on 5 mpg , just for him to play more game later or so...

Just... What's going on? How can president of basketball operations even manipulate media and avoid any backlash from media ? Because nobody cares for Orlando ?
Weltman would get himself fired after 1 week of Knicks media.

Fultz’s partner gave birth to his first child. Is this really something you feel a team needs to announce?

Why not? We know for fact that Hayward, Conley and Schroder all knew that they will leave bubble at some point due expecting babies...
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Re: Mo Bamba contracted COVID-19 in June, says it significantly hurt his conditioning (Robbins) 

Post#42 » by Ducklett » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:27 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:As someone doing COVID-19 research (why I have not been active on the board)- we call these patients "long haulers"- the symptoms are terrifying and can last anywhere from 12-18 months (that time frame is what Chinese researchers found during the 2003 SARS outbreak which was also a coronavirus).

In light of this, I think its wise to shut Mo down and let him recover completely. There is also a possibility he might have lingering effects into the 20-21 season.

I'm not questioning your research or anything that SARS, MERS, etc has shown, but the virus isn't even 12 months old, how are we calling patients long haulers? Just assuming it acts the same as the MERS family? And everything I have read about these lingering/reoccurring symptoms in specifically COVID patients are all in patients that had pre-existing conditions, would that run parallel to your own findings? Sorry, you can just PM me if you want about this because I find the science and research fascinating.
npiper17
General Manager
And1: 2,337

Post#43 » by npiper17 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:35 am

pepe1991 wrote:
npiper17 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
I don't understand Magic shady approach with media at all.

Remember when in playoffs they refused to officially annaunce that Bamba and Fultz won't play for rest of a year?
Bamba was " getting better" or whatever they were lying to media ,just to find out Bamba was not even ready to play full time in summer league ,months later, after season for Orlando was finished.

Whole Fultz "personal reasons" absence from a first week of a bubble is also shady. Why nobody asked why he was out? Isn't that most logical question. I mean we know that Zion was out for "personal " it was - close family urgency. So something about his mom, dad or brother :dontknow:

isaac injury situation. Did he have surgery ? Why he was out for so long ? Why they didn't do surgery in first place if recovery took so long? Did they rush last part of recovery? Was early injury connected with ACL tear ( some youtube doctor said it might be ) .

Than we got this whole Bamba corona thing where it's still hard to know what's true what's rumor, about him being tested positive, than being tested twice -false positive after.
Than they said he is limited on 5 mpg , just for him to play more game later or so...

Just... What's going on? How can president of basketball operations even manipulate media and avoid any backlash from media ? Because nobody cares for Orlando ?
Weltman would get himself fired after 1 week of Knicks media.

Fultz’s partner gave birth to his first child. Is this really something you feel a team needs to announce?

Why not? We know for fact that Hayward, Conley and Schroder all knew that they will leave bubble at some point due expecting babies...

Because it’s an issue to do with someone’s personal life. If Fultz didn’t want the news getting out then he has every right to ask that it doesn’t.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,287

Post#44 » by Knightro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#45 » by Knightro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a "comprehensive post-coronavirus evaluation" (Robbins) 

Post#46 » by Knightro » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:52 pm

There have been studies that have indicated that people who have contracted and recovered from COVID-19 have still suffered damage to their heart which in some cases has been equivalent to a cardiac episode, so hopefully Bamba's doing well and can make a full recovery.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,143

Post#47 » by Def Swami » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:02 pm

He must have gotten hit hard by the virus. The lasting effects of COVID-19 are real. Especially for people who are really active. The regular layperson who probably doesn't run a daily basis may not notice a difference. But, I know some folks who are pretty active who are distance runners who still feel winded far more easily than they normally would. I bet he didn't really notice the lack of wind until he started playing basketball again.

I hope Bamba does well. I feel for him. There are case reports of people developing blood clots in their lungs, coronary artery disease, and dealing with reduced lung capacity. If there's any question about this, then the Magic are doing the right thing and sending him out of the bubble to get more tests and get right.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#48 » by Skin » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 pm

Yet somehow I get the feeling that Bamba bashers are still gonna continue to label him as lazy chump.

Get well Mo Bamba!

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,710

Post#49 » by basketballRob » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Like I said maybe he's an A blood type, who it hits worse. I also heard it can cause blood clotting and severe fatigue that could last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Re: Mo Bamba sent home from bubble to undergo a 

Post#50 » by RookieStar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:54 pm

basketballRob wrote:Like I said maybe he's an A blood type, who it hits worse. I also heard it can cause blood clotting and severe fatigue that could last a lifetime.

Where did you read about the A blood-type? Cuz what I read it was the B+??? And the "luckiest" were the O+?

Anyway back to the topic : YES, the org did the right thing. This virus is still new to us and as reports stated, everyone is affected DIFFERENTLY. If there is even a "slightest" chance of it affecting Mo's breathing/whatever.... well this is juts basketball compared to a person's life/health.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,762

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:06 pm

Nets fan here, I hope Mo will be okay. This sounds eerily like what happened with Spencer Dinwiddie when he contracted the virus. He was unable to do any physical activity due to fatigue that lingered even after the virus ran it's course, which is why he's not with us in the Bubble.

Scary stuff.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,710

Post#52 » by basketballRob » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm

RookieStar wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Like I said maybe he's an A blood type, who it hits worse. I also heard it can cause blood clotting and severe fatigue that could last a lifetime.

Where did you read about the A blood-type? Cuz what I read it was the B+??? And the "luckiest" were the O+?

Anyway back to the topic : YES, the org did the right thing. This virus is still new to us and as reports stated, everyone is affected DIFFERENTLY. If there is even a "slightest" chance of it affecting Mo's breathing/whatever.... well this is juts basketball compared to a person's life/health.
O is the least like to get infected or have serious case. B is in the middle.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,519

Post#53 » by SOUL » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:16 pm

This is no joke, I hope he's okay.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,256

Post#54 » by pepe1991 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Team has no intention of using him anyway this year.
Now he can focus on golf, just needs to find new partner, Taco is busy.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#55 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:08 pm

Hope he cashes out his insurance and recovers eventually. No need to play again in the NBA and waste your life. Best wishes, hopefully he can recover.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,158

Post#56 » by OrlChamps2030 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:09 am

RookieStar wrote:

Did the org do the right thing? Why did he even come back in the first place? Why showcase his sick gainz? And then to go through practice, scrimmages, and real games only to get pulled out of the bubble afterwards..

Weird series of events. But 2020’s been a weird, terrible year all around. More than anything I hope Mo is alright in the long term.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,371

Post#57 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 am

The Bamba nightmare continues. This obviously extends beyond basketball and I do wish him the best, COVID certainly seems to affect everyone differently, I just think its incredibly unfortunate how, once again, this organization chose to handle things from a media standpoint.

Not disclosing the illness and seemingly using that and him, a professional athlete, being out of shape (despite apparently working out and putting on muscle) as an excuse not to play him just looked bad from that start. If he couldn't reveal the illness at least don't insinuate that him being out of shape due to putting on weight is why he couldn't. Especially after he went to the media and talked about how much he's been working out and the amount of muscle he put on.

They did the same thing with his stress fracture last year. They were so vague about his injury and when he would come back instead of just ruling him out for the season (he was a raw 20-year-old 7-1 center with a stress fracture for god's sake). Instead, all it did was cause people to speculate that Birch playing well and Bamba's poor play before the injury was the reason they didn't bring him back.

People can say that media and fan perception doesn't matter, but the fact is it does. It's why professional organizations have an entire team of people dedicated to handling it. We don't do it well.
J-Mezzy
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#58 » by J-Mezzy » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:56 am

I am currently with covid 19

It had a weird effect on me. Only 1 day of symptoms which were sore throat, being lethargic, and fever. But for some reason this really affected my back. I have 2 herniated discs but I have been ok for years, but man it has been terrible since contracting this

Don't know if it's related, I know one of the symptoms is body aches and muscle pain, but maybe it's from being in a bed all day in quarantine.

Anyways. I have been able to lift at home and it has not affected my energy too much..I will let you guys know if it impacts my running once my back feels better
Thank you triplemke23 for the sig.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,371

Post#59 » by PrimeThyme » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:01 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I am currently with covid 19

It had a weird effect on me. Only 1 day of symptoms which were sore throat, being lethargic, and fever. But for some reason this really affected my back. I have 2 herniated discs but I have been ok for years, but man it has been terrible since contracting this

Don't know if it's related, I know one of the symptoms is body aches and muscle pain, but maybe it's from being in a bed all day in quarantine.

Anyways. I have been able to lift at home and it has not affected my energy too much..I will let you guys know if it impacts my running once my back feels better

Keep us updated man! Hopefully, your overall symptoms remain relatively manageable and the backpain subsides at some point. I've heard that body aches are a symptom for a lot of people. Best of luck to you!
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#60 » by TheGlyde » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:03 am

J-Mezzy wrote:I am currently with covid 19

Hey Mezzy,

Just wanted to say all the best and get well soon man.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube

Return to Orlando Magic