ImageImageImage

Around the League: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 32,147
And1: 13,503
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1261 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:23 pm

LaMelo Ball should make an all-defensive team as a rookie.
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 45,647
And1: 14,433
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1262 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:24 pm

Kobblehead wrote:LaMelo Ball should make an all-defensive team as a rookie.


Rich man’s version of Ben Simmons
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 45,647
And1: 14,433
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1263 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 15,359
And1: 6,345
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1264 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:15 pm

stormi wrote:I hate how the Pels have a talent like NAW, and he can't even get on the floor due to that crowded rotation


Don't worry, it will be consolidated into James Harden in little over a month. We'll see some of them play on the Rockets.
User avatar
stormi
Starter
Posts: 2,438
And1: 1,733
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: phoebe bridgers instagram comments
     

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1265 » by stormi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:31 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:I hate how the Pels have a talent like NAW, and he can't even get on the floor due to that crowded rotation


Don't worry, it will be consolidated into James Harden in little over a month. We'll see some of them play on the Rockets.


Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 15,359
And1: 6,345
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1266 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:35 pm

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:I hate how the Pels have a talent like NAW, and he can't even get on the floor due to that crowded rotation


Don't worry, it will be consolidated into James Harden in little over a month. We'll see some of them play on the Rockets.


Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence


It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 45,778
And1: 10,022
Joined: Feb 07, 2005
Location: Parts Unknown
   

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1267 » by Stanford » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:32 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Don't worry, it will be consolidated into James Harden in little over a month. We'll see some of them play on the Rockets.


Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence


It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.


When you're right, you're right.

That is, I think you're right.
Image
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 15,359
And1: 6,345
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1268 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:39 pm

Stanford wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence


It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.


When you're right, you're right.

That is, I think you're right.


I am assuredly not correct, but I get more internet points if I am, which is worth its weight in gold.
User avatar
stormi
Starter
Posts: 2,438
And1: 1,733
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: phoebe bridgers instagram comments
     

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1269 » by stormi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:43 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Don't worry, it will be consolidated into James Harden in little over a month. We'll see some of them play on the Rockets.


Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence


It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.


I think the move to NO makes a lot of sense, and their asset pool is ridiculous but I'm not seeing the parallel to that veteran Raps team that had been in the playoffs time and time again with the ceiling of the Demar/Lowry core being transparent.

They also essentially had a championship roster that just needed a star closer to piece it all together. The Pels would be getting a super talent in Harden and pairing him with some young starlets, but that team still needs a lot of work and maturation.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 15,359
And1: 6,345
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1270 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:51 pm

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence


It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.


I think the move to NO makes a lot of sense, and their asset pool is ridiculous but I'm not seeing the parallel to that veteran Raps team that had been in the playoffs time and time again and the ceiling of the Demar/Lowry core was fairly recognized.

They also essentially had a championship roster that just needed a star closer to piece it all together. The Pels would be getting a super talent in Harden and pairing him with some young starlets, but that team still needs a lot of work and maturation.


Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, JJ Redick all have ample playoff experience with Adams and Redick really fitting in great with Harden. Josh Hart has been a very good role player.

The fit of Ball (presumably he's not in the deal) and Williamson is too strong with Harden to not try it out. It's a perfect blend of vets and young star talent. I think they'd be a massive pain the playoffs. Could possibly win it this year.
User avatar
stormi
Starter
Posts: 2,438
And1: 1,733
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: phoebe bridgers instagram comments
     

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1271 » by stormi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:16 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.


I think the move to NO makes a lot of sense, and their asset pool is ridiculous but I'm not seeing the parallel to that veteran Raps team that had been in the playoffs time and time again and the ceiling of the Demar/Lowry core was fairly recognized.

They also essentially had a championship roster that just needed a star closer to piece it all together. The Pels would be getting a super talent in Harden and pairing him with some young starlets, but that team still needs a lot of work and maturation.


Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, JJ Redick all have ample playoff experience with Adams and Redick really fitting in great with Harden. Josh Hart has been a very good role player.

The fit of Ball (presumably he's not in the deal) and Williamson is too strong with Harden to not try it out. It's a perfect blend of vets and young star talent. I think they'd be a massive pain the playoffs. Could possibly win it this year.


Solid group, but that isn't comparing with a quartet of Lowry, Siakam, Van Vleet and Ibaka who were all contributing star to borderline-star impact nightly. Gasol was a better defending Jokic-lite on offense and they still had supersoldier role players like OG, Green and Norm who were plus contributors on both sides of the basketball.

In hindsight, that 2019 Raptors team was one of the best of the 21st century, and even then needed a bounce to get past us and would have gotten thrashed by a healthy Warriors team.

I could maybe see Harden/Zion being in the co-star mold of our most recent champions, but they had/have the Lebron James stimulus that can't be replicated by any other player in the league. I also don't know if Zion can be trusted to consistently get his in a playoff game when Harden is inevitably double and triple teamed.
Negrodamus
RealGM
Posts: 15,359
And1: 6,345
Joined: Aug 05, 2004

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1272 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:40 pm

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
I think the move to NO makes a lot of sense, and their asset pool is ridiculous but I'm not seeing the parallel to that veteran Raps team that had been in the playoffs time and time again and the ceiling of the Demar/Lowry core was fairly recognized.

They also essentially had a championship roster that just needed a star closer to piece it all together. The Pels would be getting a super talent in Harden and pairing him with some young starlets, but that team still needs a lot of work and maturation.


Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, JJ Redick all have ample playoff experience with Adams and Redick really fitting in great with Harden. Josh Hart has been a very good role player.

The fit of Ball (presumably he's not in the deal) and Williamson is too strong with Harden to not try it out. It's a perfect blend of vets and young star talent. I think they'd be a massive pain the playoffs. Could possibly win it this year.


Solid group, but that isn't comparing with a quartet of Lowry, Siakam, Van Vleet and Ibaka who were all contributing star to borderline-star impact nightly. Gasol was a better defending Jokic-lite on offense and they still had supersoldier role players like OG, Green and Norm who were plus contributors on both sides of the basketball.

In hindsight, that 2019 Raptors team was one of the best of the 21st century, and even then needed a bounce to get past us and would have gotten thrashed by a healthy Warriors team.

I could maybe see Harden/Zion being in the co-star mold of our most recent champions, but they had/have the Lebron James stimulus that can't be replicated by any other player in the league. I also don't know if Zion can be trusted to consistently get his in a playoff game when Harden is inevitably double and triple teamed.


I honestly think Harden/Zion would be prime Nash/Stoudemire on steroids. Add to that grouping some elite role players like Ball, Redick, and Adams... That's pretty hard to beat.

The surrounding pieces for the Raptors were better, but the star power that completely compliments each other (Harden/Williamson) makes this trade better, IMO.
User avatar
sodmoraes
Junior
Posts: 391
And1: 112
Joined: Dec 28, 2004

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1273 » by sodmoraes » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:32 am

Lamelo first triple double. Besides defense, i think Lamelo is already better than Simmons. He will be a player in this league .

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 45,647
And1: 14,433
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1274 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 am

Read on Twitter
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
Iverson Armband
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 26, 2020
 

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1275 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:55 am

sodmoraes wrote:Lamelo first triple double. Besides defense, i think Lamelo is already better than Simmons. He will be a player in this league .

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

He’s not even that bad defensively. But yeah, add him to the list of guys drafted after Ben (including his own draft) that are pretty close to be being better if not already better.
LloydFree
RealGM
Posts: 14,189
And1: 10,127
Joined: Aug 20, 2012
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1276 » by LloydFree » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:21 am

Good for Lamelo Ball. Knocks that fraudulent Fultz Triple double out of the record book.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Iverson Armband
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 26, 2020
 

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1277 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:30 pm

LloydFree wrote:Good for Lamelo Ball. Knocks that fraudulent Fultz Triple double out of the record book.

Lloyd, at least you’re consistent :lol:
User avatar
76ciology
RealGM
Posts: 45,647
And1: 14,433
Joined: Jun 06, 2002
Contact:

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1278 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Good for Lamelo Ball. Knocks that fraudulent Fultz Triple double out of the record book.

Lloyd, at least you’re consistent :lol:


:lol: :lol:
“Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there is absolutely no point.”
User avatar
sodmoraes
Junior
Posts: 391
And1: 112
Joined: Dec 28, 2004

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1279 » by sodmoraes » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Yeah it shows Simmons is not that unique as his fans want us to belive. Every other year we have in the draft a better player than him. He's a very mediocre first pick if you think about it.
Iverson Armband wrote:
sodmoraes wrote:Lamelo first triple double. Besides defense, i think Lamelo is already better than Simmons. He will be a player in this league .

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

He’s not even that bad defensively. But yeah, add him to the list of guys drafted after Ben (including his own draft) that are pretty close to be being better if not already better.


Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Iverson Armband
Junior
Posts: 429
And1: 201
Joined: Nov 26, 2020
 

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1280 » by Iverson Armband » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:36 am

sodmoraes wrote:Yeah it shows Simmons is not that unique as his fans want us to belive. Every other year we have in the draft a better player than him. He's a very mediocre first pick if you think about it.
Iverson Armband wrote:
sodmoraes wrote:Lamelo first triple double. Besides defense, i think Lamelo is already better than Simmons. He will be a player in this league .

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

He’s not even that bad defensively. But yeah, add him to the list of guys drafted after Ben (including his own draft) that are pretty close to be being better if not already better.


Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

He IS unique. But you don’t get extra points for being unique. Production is production, and he’s an above average role player, fringe All-Star type not a franchise changing star he and his fans think he is.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers