ImageImageImage

Around the League: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Re: Around the League: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1261 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jan 9, 2021 4:23 pm

LaMelo Ball should make an all-defensive team as a rookie.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,340

Post#1262 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 9, 2021 5:24 pm

Kobblehead wrote:LaMelo Ball should make an all-defensive team as a rookie.

Rich man’s version of Ben Simmons
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1263 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#1264 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:15 pm

stormi wrote:I hate how the Pels have a talent like NAW, and he can't even get on the floor due to that crowded rotation

Don't worry, it will be consolidated into James Harden in little over a month. We'll see some of them play on the Rockets.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#1265 » by stormi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:31 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:I hate how the Pels have a talent like NAW, and he can't even get on the floor due to that crowded rotation

Don't worry, it will be consolidated into James Harden in little over a month. We'll see some of them play on the Rockets.

Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1266 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:35 pm

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Stop attempting to speak this evil that is Harden to the Pelicans into existence

It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,750

Post#1267 » by Stanford » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:32 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

It makes too much sense and no one is talking about it. They are Kawhi's Raptors in this timeline.

When you're right, you're right.

That is, I think you're right.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1268 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:39 pm

Stanford wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:

When you're right, you're right.

That is, I think you're right.

I am assuredly not correct, but I get more internet points if I am, which is worth its weight in gold.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1269 » by stormi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:43 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I think the move to NO makes a lot of sense, and their asset pool is ridiculous but I'm not seeing the parallel to that veteran Raps team that had been in the playoffs time and time again with the ceiling of the Demar/Lowry core being transparent.

They also essentially had a championship roster that just needed a star closer to piece it all together. The Pels would be getting a super talent in Harden and pairing him with some young starlets, but that team still needs a lot of work and maturation.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1270 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 10:51 pm

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:

I think the move to NO makes a lot of sense, and their asset pool is ridiculous but I'm not seeing the parallel to that veteran Raps team that had been in the playoffs time and time again and the ceiling of the Demar/Lowry core was fairly recognized.

They also essentially had a championship roster that just needed a star closer to piece it all together. The Pels would be getting a super talent in Harden and pairing him with some young starlets, but that team still needs a lot of work and maturation.

Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, JJ Redick all have ample playoff experience with Adams and Redick really fitting in great with Harden. Josh Hart has been a very good role player.

The fit of Ball (presumably he's not in the deal) and Williamson is too strong with Harden to not try it out. It's a perfect blend of vets and young star talent. I think they'd be a massive pain the playoffs. Could possibly win it this year.
stormi
General Manager

Post#1271 » by stormi » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:16 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

I think the move to NO makes a lot of sense, and their asset pool is ridiculous but I'm not seeing the parallel to that veteran Raps team that had been in the playoffs time and time again and the ceiling of the Demar/Lowry core was fairly recognized.

Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, JJ Redick all have ample playoff experience with Adams and Redick really fitting in great with Harden. Josh Hart has been a very good role player.

The fit of Ball (presumably he's not in the deal) and Williamson is too strong with Harden to not try it out. It's a perfect blend of vets and young star talent. I think they'd be a massive pain the playoffs. Could possibly win it this year.

Solid group, but that isn't comparing with a quartet of Lowry, Siakam, Van Vleet and Ibaka who were all contributing star to borderline-star impact nightly. Gasol was a better defending Jokic-lite on offense and they still had supersoldier role players like OG, Green and Norm who were plus contributors on both sides of the basketball.

In hindsight, that 2019 Raptors team was one of the best of the 21st century, and even then needed a bounce to get past us and would have gotten thrashed by a healthy Warriors team.

I could maybe see Harden/Zion being in the co-star mold of our most recent champions, but they had/have the Lebron James stimulus that can't be replicated by any other player in the league. I also don't know if Zion can be trusted to consistently get his in a playoff game when Harden is inevitably double and triple teamed.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1272 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:40 pm

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
stormi wrote:

Solid group, but that isn't comparing with a quartet of Lowry, Siakam, Van Vleet and Ibaka who were all contributing star to borderline-star impact nightly. Gasol was a better defending Jokic-lite on offense and they still had supersoldier role players like OG, Green and Norm who were plus contributors on both sides of the basketball.

In hindsight, that 2019 Raptors team was one of the best of the 21st century, and even then needed a bounce to get past us and would have gotten thrashed by a healthy Warriors team.

I could maybe see Harden/Zion being in the co-star mold of our most recent champions, but they had/have the Lebron James stimulus that can't be replicated by any other player in the league. I also don't know if Zion can be trusted to consistently get his in a playoff game when Harden is inevitably double and triple teamed.

I honestly think Harden/Zion would be prime Nash/Stoudemire on steroids. Add to that grouping some elite role players like Ball, Redick, and Adams... That's pretty hard to beat.

The surrounding pieces for the Raptors were better, but the star power that completely compliments each other (Harden/Williamson) makes this trade better, IMO.
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 533

Post#1273 » by sodmoraes » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:32 am

Lamelo first triple double. Besides defense, i think Lamelo is already better than Simmons. He will be a player in this league .

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1274 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:06 am

Read on Twitter
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,576

Post#1275 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:55 am

sodmoraes wrote:Lamelo first triple double. Besides defense, i think Lamelo is already better than Simmons. He will be a player in this league .

He’s not even that bad defensively. But yeah, add him to the list of guys drafted after Ben (including his own draft) that are pretty close to be being better if not already better.
always a jump shot away.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#1276 » by LloydFree » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:21 am

Good for Lamelo Ball. Knocks that fraudulent Fultz Triple double out of the record book.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#1277 » by Iverson Armband » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:30 pm

LloydFree wrote:Good for Lamelo Ball. Knocks that fraudulent Fultz Triple double out of the record book.

Lloyd, at least you’re consistent :lol:
always a jump shot away.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#1278 » by 76ciology » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Iverson Armband wrote:
LloydFree wrote:Good for Lamelo Ball. Knocks that fraudulent Fultz Triple double out of the record book.

Lloyd, at least you’re consistent :lol:

:lol: :lol:
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 533

Post#1279 » by sodmoraes » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:44 pm

Yeah it shows Simmons is not that unique as his fans want us to belive. Every other year we have in the draft a better player than him. He's a very mediocre first pick if you think about it.
Iverson Armband wrote:
sodmoraes wrote:Lamelo first triple double. Besides defense, i think Lamelo is already better than Simmons. He will be a player in this league .

He’s not even that bad defensively. But yeah, add him to the list of guys drafted after Ben (including his own draft) that are pretty close to be being better if not already better.

[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Iverson Armband
Starter

Post#1280 » by Iverson Armband » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:36 am

sodmoraes wrote:Yeah it shows Simmons is not that unique as his fans want us to belive. Every other year we have in the draft a better player than him. He's a very mediocre first pick if you think about it.
Iverson Armband wrote:

He IS unique. But you don’t get extra points for being unique. Production is production, and he’s an above average role player, fringe All-Star type not a franchise changing star he and his fans think he is.
always a jump shot away.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers