ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 15,503

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#961 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:52 pm

I didn't like Barrett as a prospect either. And through 3 years, my suspicions that he'd never be a good defender have been confirmed.

But now, I think a value addition has presented itself. Barrett hasn't scored enough to get a max extension and has regressed in year 3, possibly making his drafting team question if he's a longterm building block for them.

Barrett has the size, willingness to space, and ability to put the ball on the floor and make plays to be a really valuable offensive player. I'd be shocked if he isn't a perennial 20+ ppg in scorer beginning a year or two from now. One that you might be able to have locked up on a very team friendly deal in the $20m per year range.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#962 » by Kobblehead » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:57 pm

It's really hard to get guys that are trending up. I like the idea of trying to poach a guy who is in a small bit of a plateau or slight regression. Especially if you have faith in their skillset.

2019 Draft

Not going to get:
- Zion Williamson
- Ja Morant
- Tyler Herro
- Darius Garland

Might be able to get:
- R.J. Barrett
- Coby White
the_process
RealGM
And1: 5,801

Post#963 » by the_process » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:48 pm

Kobblehead wrote:It's really hard to get guys that are trending up. I like the idea of trying to poach a guy who is in a small bit of a plateau or slight regression. Especially if you have faith in their skillset.

2019 Draft

Not going to get:
- Zion Williamson
- Ja Morant
- Tyler Herro
- Darius Garland

Might be able to get:
- R.J. Barrett
- Coby White

I don't see the Knicks taking anything short of Ben Simmons for him, though. I wouldn't trade Ben for Barrett.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
the_process
RealGM

Post#964 » by the_process » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:34 am

PHI gets White and Bertans
SAS gets Harris and Milton
WSH gets Young and Bates-Diop

Maxey/Curry/Springer
White/Korkmaz/Joe
Green/Thybulle/(Simmons)
Bertans/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#965 » by Kobblehead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Since Paul Reed and Matisse Thybulle don't seem to want to help us on offense, are there any defensive players that can space the floor that we can bring in to help make us more of a complete team?

Cam Reddish would be the gold standard of the kind of trade I'm talking about.
the_process
RealGM

Post#966 » by the_process » Today 4:00 pm

I've been trying not to jump the gun, because filler contracts are almost eligible to be traded, but..

Someone needs to tell me what the Sixers are trying to accomplish this year. Simmons is still here, Harris is still here, and Embiid hasn't been medically redshirted.

If they really think they are trying to win a championship this year... I'm torn on whether they are completely blind or straight up dumb as hell.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers