ImageImageImage

Tobias Harris Trade Thread

Moderators: BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

User avatar
mjkvol
Pro Prospect
Posts: 961
And1: 659
Joined: Apr 13, 2019

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#941 » by mjkvol » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:56 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Honestly, I hope Ben and Tobi go to Sacramento.


I'll gladly settle for just that.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 22,073
And1: 6,092
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#942 » by the_process » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:37 am

Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
sixers4real
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,881
And1: 960
Joined: Nov 27, 2015
Location: Russia
 

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#943 » by sixers4real » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:16 am

the_process wrote:Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!

Actually, I think Morey already knows that is doable to send both Harris and Simmons to Sacramento for Hield, Fox and Barnes.

I think he wants to upgrade Fox (to Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown) and Harrison Barnes (to John Collins) using picks and our players such as Korkmaz, Joe, Springer, Reed, Bassey.

If there is a person who can do it, it’s Morey.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 22,073
And1: 6,092
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#944 » by the_process » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:10 pm

sixers4real wrote:
the_process wrote:Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!

Actually, I think Morey already knows that is doable to send both Harris and Simmons to Sacramento for Hield, Fox and Barnes.

I think he wants to upgrade Fox (to Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown) and Harrison Barnes (to John Collins) using picks and our players such as Korkmaz, Joe, Springer, Reed, Bassey.

If there is a person who can do it, it’s Morey.


I agree Morey will want to move Fox to a third team. Wonder if Thybulle and a 1st (plus Fox) could get Ingram outta there?
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
User avatar
stormi
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,155
And1: 4,206
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: PXE island
 

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#945 » by stormi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:34 pm

sixers4real wrote:
the_process wrote:Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!

Actually, I think Morey already knows that is doable to send both Harris and Simmons to Sacramento for Hield, Fox and Barnes.

I think he wants to upgrade Fox (to Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown) and Harrison Barnes (to John Collins) using picks and our players such as Korkmaz, Joe, Springer, Reed, Bassey.

If there is a person who can do it, it’s Morey.


PLEASE.
Skates
Head Coach
Posts: 6,275
And1: 2,444
Joined: Feb 18, 2008
       

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#946 » by Skates » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:40 am

The Sixers signed Harris thinking he was Kris Middleton level as a second/third option. Middleton got a similar contract at the same time and elevated his game since then, while Tobias has become more Harrison Barnes level.

That Morey is looking to get off his contract after removing the Horford and Richardson mistakes shows what he thinks of the mess he inherited.
Wilfried
Analyst
Posts: 3,690
And1: 1,503
Joined: May 24, 2007

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#947 » by Wilfried » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:15 am

We all know Tobias' contract, but still not sure dumping his salary is making us that much better.

Still feel that, if we get a legit co-star to Embiid (Lillard, Harden, ...?), Tobias and his all-around skill set will be very good as a 3rd option. In the summer of 2023, we will catch a lot more for him too.

Tobias is playing better as of late btw
eyeatoma
RealGM
Posts: 17,164
And1: 3,852
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Location: An Indian in Indonesia
     

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#948 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:02 am

the_process wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
the_process wrote:Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!

Actually, I think Morey already knows that is doable to send both Harris and Simmons to Sacramento for Hield, Fox and Barnes.

I think he wants to upgrade Fox (to Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown) and Harrison Barnes (to John Collins) using picks and our players such as Korkmaz, Joe, Springer, Reed, Bassey.

If there is a person who can do it, it’s Morey.


I agree Morey will want to move Fox to a third team. Wonder if Thybulle and a 1st (plus Fox) could get Ingram outta there?
I can't see Thybulle going with how bad our defense is.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 22,073
And1: 6,092
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#949 » by the_process » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:15 pm

Since I don’t think NOP is shopping Ingram, you have to convince them to make a move. I don’t think Fox and a 1st is compelling enough. I don’t know if Fox and two 1sts is compelling enough. But Thybulle would be very appealing to them because they suck defensively. Also Ingram and Thybulle play the same position.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
Kobblehead
RealGM
Posts: 36,271
And1: 15,740
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
 

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#950 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:28 pm

Brandon Ingram ain't worth that. Especially now that he stopped shooting threes at a good rate. Fox and he are on the same tier.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 22,073
And1: 6,092
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#951 » by the_process » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 pm

Wilfried wrote:We all know Tobias' contract, but still not sure dumping his salary is making us that much better.

Still feel that, if we get a legit co-star to Embiid (Lillard, Harden, ...?), Tobias and his all-around skill set will be very good as a 3rd option. In the summer of 2023, we will catch a lot more for him too.

Tobias is playing better as of late btw


Nope. Salary dump all the way.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 22,073
And1: 6,092
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#952 » by the_process » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:58 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Brandon Ingram ain't worth that. Especially now that he stopped shooting threes at a good rate. Fox and he are on the same tier.


No reason to think that on this team, he won't go back to shooting more 3's. It's not a hard sell to tell him "you liked being an All-Star, right? Shoot more 3's."
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 7,144
And1: 2,923
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#953 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm

I wouldn't give up Thybulle in any Simmons trade.

Guys, we have no perimeter defenders besides 34-year-old Danny Green and Tisse.
2021-2022 Philadelphia 76ers:

Maxey/Milton/(Simmons)
Curry/Korkmaz/Springer
Green/Thybulle/Joe
Harris/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 22,073
And1: 6,092
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#954 » by the_process » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:51 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:I wouldn't give up Thybulle in any Simmons trade.

Guys, we have no perimeter defenders besides 34-year-old Danny Green and Tisse.


Other teams manage to have a decent defense with subpar defenders. And the Sixers have Embiid as their anchor, so they are two steps ahead of almost everyone else.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
User avatar
ProcessDoctor
Head Coach
Posts: 7,144
And1: 2,923
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
   

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#955 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:01 pm

the_process wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:I wouldn't give up Thybulle in any Simmons trade.

Guys, we have no perimeter defenders besides 34-year-old Danny Green and Tisse.


Other teams manage to have a decent defense with subpar defenders. And the Sixers have Embiid as their anchor, so they are two steps ahead of almost everyone else.


I can’t agree with you here. Matisse is the primary reason we be GS just over a month ago. His steal and block rates are off the charts. I have no faith in Maxey and Curry to defend come playoff time.
2021-2022 Philadelphia 76ers:

Maxey/Milton/(Simmons)
Curry/Korkmaz/Springer
Green/Thybulle/Joe
Harris/Niang/Reed
Embiid/Drummond/Bassey
User avatar
mjkvol
Pro Prospect
Posts: 961
And1: 659
Joined: Apr 13, 2019

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#956 » by mjkvol » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
the_process wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:I wouldn't give up Thybulle in any Simmons trade.

Guys, we have no perimeter defenders besides 34-year-old Danny Green and Tisse.


Other teams manage to have a decent defense with subpar defenders. And the Sixers have Embiid as their anchor, so they are two steps ahead of almost everyone else.


I can’t agree with you here. Matisse is the primary reason we be GS just over a month ago. His steal and block rates are off the charts. I have no faith in Maxey and Curry to defend come playoff time.


The biggest issue with Thybulle is he's going to have to be paid after next season, and I'm not big fan of paying a player who offers little to nothing on the offensive end. I just don't see that changing in any meaningful way. And right now his value couldn't be higher, which makes him an attractive add in a trade package.

I certainly wouldn't give him away, but in the right deal to bring in an Ingram or SGA? Absolutely.
KATKlownFeet
Ballboy
Posts: 2
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 30, 2021
   

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#957 » by KATKlownFeet » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:01 pm

Tobi, Ben and Cory Joseph to Minny
Jerami Grant, DLo, Tauren Prince, Minnesota 2022 first rounder (top 5 protected) to to Philly
Jaden McDaniels, Paul Reed, Malik Beasley and 2025 Minny lottery protected pick to Detroit
the_process
RealGM
Posts: 22,073
And1: 6,092
Joined: May 01, 2010

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#958 » by the_process » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:11 pm

KATKlownFeet wrote:Tobi, Ben and Cory Joseph to Minny
Jerami Grant, DLo, Tauren Prince, Minnesota 2022 first rounder (top 5 protected) to to Philly
Jaden McDaniels, Paul Reed, Malik Beasley and 2025 Minny lottery protected pick to Detroit


Take the protection off the 2022 1st, and then add another unprotected 2026 1st. And now we can start talking.
It is highly unlikely that the Sixers will agree with your Ben Simmons evaluation for the purposes of a trade.
Sportfan73
Analyst
Posts: 3,486
And1: 1,091
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
   

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#959 » by Sportfan73 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:17 pm

the_process wrote:
KATKlownFeet wrote:Tobi, Ben and Cory Joseph to Minny
Jerami Grant, DLo, Tauren Prince, Minnesota 2022 first rounder (top 5 protected) to to Philly
Jaden McDaniels, Paul Reed, Malik Beasley and 2025 Minny lottery protected pick to Detroit


Take the protection off the 2022 1st, and then add another unprotected 2026 1st. And now we can start talking.

Yeah any deal with Minnesota needs at least 2 unprotected
Sportfan73
Analyst
Posts: 3,486
And1: 1,091
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
   

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#960 » by Sportfan73 » Yesterday 5:01 am

In all seriousness though, how much would you be willing to attach to Tobias to swap him with CJ? Like a first and a young player?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers