ImageImageImage

Game 2: Phoenix Suns (1-0) @ Sacramento Kings (1-0) l Saturday l 8:00pm l FSAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Top three to lead the Suns in FG % this season?

Ayton
31%
CP3
3%
Cam
10%
Booker
19%
Bridges
14%
Saric
13%
Crowder
1%
Other
8%

Total votes: 86

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,487

Game 2: Phoenix Suns (1-0) @ Sacramento Kings (1-0) l Saturday l 8:00pm l FSAZ 

Post#1 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:44 am

Who: Phoenix Suns @ Sacramento Kings

When: Saturday, December 26th @ 8:00pm, (10 ET) FSNAZ

Where: Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, CA

Phoenix Suns starting lineup:

C- Ayton
F- Crowder
F- Bridges
G- Booker
G- CP3

Reserves: Cam/Payne/Galloway/Tucker/Smith

Sacramento Kings starting lineup:

C- Holmes
F- Bagley
F- Barnes
G- Hield
G- Fox

Reserves: Haliburton/Joseph/Bjelica/Whiteside/

Good luck charm

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Re: Game 2: Phoenix Suns (1-0) @ Sacramento Kings (1-0) l Saturday l 8:00pm l FSAZ 

Post#2 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:07 am

Oh man the dalai lama got me feeling something...
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Re: Game 2: Phoenix Suns (1-0) @ Sacramento Kings (1-0) l Saturday l 8:00pm l FSAZ 

Post#3 » by NTB » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:21 am

Why do we have Tucker as a reserve? I guess OP misses him, I don't blame.

Kings got a crazy win against Nuggets. We may lose 1 of the 2 b2b games against them especially at the beginning of the season when every team tries to prove their worth and they are enegetic. We are still trying to figure out how to play as a collective group with the new additions.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Post#4 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:42 am

How I feel coming into game two after winning the first game of the season:

Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#5 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:27 pm

We have the higher ceiling but they're at home back to back after a confidence win.

Just want to keep seeing the team building and showing our strengths.

If Paul and Crowder are better for the run with the starters they're going to have to find a different way to beat us.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#6 » by Bogyo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Should be a win. Looking for CP and Ayton to have a bounce back game, but I also trust the 2nd unit to take care of the Kings bench.
Yay for the Lindsay good luck charm, nay for no Scarlett.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#7 » by Barkley6 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:23 pm

Gotta think that the refs will have less to say about this game. It really looked like the NBA was doing everything they could to make sure Doncic won his season opener on national TV. Glad we were able to overcome that, now it's time to limit the turnovers and stupid fouls and dominate a team we should dominate. I'd look for our bench unit to go off in this one, because while Sac has some pretty solid starters, our bench is miles better than theirs.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,482

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Bogyo wrote:Should be a win. Looking for CP and Ayton to have a bounce back game, but I also trust the 2nd unit to take care of the Kings bench.

Well, I guess you can say should be a win, but the Kings win was more impressive beating the Mavs..I wouldn't underestimate any team right now.

Spurs looked really good too as well as the Pelicans.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#9 » by Bogyo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:01 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:Should be a win. Looking for CP and Ayton to have a bounce back game, but I also trust the 2nd unit to take care of the Kings bench.

Well, I guess you can say should be a win, but the Kings win was more impressive beating the Mavs..I wouldn't underestimate any team right now.

C'mon, we are better than the Kings from 1 through 15. Facts. Sure, they can beat anybody on any given night, but that is true to all of the NBA. We'll have twice as much wins as they will when the season ends. We should win this, and we should win this without big problems.

Spurs will trade DeRozan or Alridge before the deadline. Pels might be goodish, but I will never ever-ever trust Zion's ankles, knees, and back. He will not have a 10 year career in the league - sadly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:14 pm

Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

C'mon, we are better than the Kings from 1 through 15. Facts. Sure, they can beat anybody on any given night, but that is true to all of the NBA. We'll have twice as much wins as they will when the season ends. We should win this, and we should win this without big problems.

Spurs will trade DeRozan or Alridge before the deadline. Pels might be goodish, but I will never ever-ever trust Zion's ankles, knees, and back. He will not have a 10 year career in the league - sadly.

Well their first win was far more impressive than ours. Fox played better than Paul, Hield better than Booker. Holmes and Bagley a combined better than Crowder and Ayton combined.

Barnes even nearly or maybe as good as Bridges, with 21, 9, 5 assists and 2 steals.

All this against a better team than our opponent who was missing their second best player and was also on the road in high altitude.

They have a decent bench with Haliburton, Whiteside, Bjelica and Joseph.

Sure we are better if our players play well, but that remains to be seen outside of a couple players.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#11 » by Golanator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:49 pm

This will be a tough matchup. I think I would take 1-1, especially with the back to back.

I wonder if Paul plays both games or how much he plays if he does play in both.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#12 » by Barkley6 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:39 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Well their first win was far more impressive than ours. Fox played better than Paul, Hield better than Booker. Holmes and Bagley a combined better than Crowder and Ayton combined.

Barnes even nearly or maybe as good as Bridges, with 21, 9, 5 assists and 2 steals.

All this against a better team than our opponent who was missing their second best player and was also on the road in high altitude.

Sure we are better if our players play well, but that remains to be seen outside of a couple players.

I mean, considering the Suns turnover issues, foul trouble and CP3 and Crowder playing below expectations, I think our win is plenty impressive. Maybe the bubble has changed me, but to me the result was never really in too much doubt. We never got out to a huge lead (refs made sure of that) but we were steady and took the punches well, and had a resilient and professional performance.

Frankly, it inspired a ton of confidence that if Ayton, CP3 and Book all are off for whatever reason, we've got more than enough talent to compete with most teams on any given night. 2-4 seasons ago, we'd be starting Payne, Book, Johnson, Kaminsky and Smith and hoping to win 25 games, now? Our bench unit might have more talent than a few teams starting units.
Bogyo
Analyst

Post#13 » by Bogyo » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:10 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Sure, but again - most of the above can be said about 20 other NBA teams. Everybody has a couple players who can score and or do other things to decide a game if/when they go off.

Let's just agree that we'll win this if the refs are doing an OK job unlike against Luka, ok? :) I mean we should get the calls this game, am I rite?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:58 pm

Bogyo wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

Sure, but again - most of the above can be said about 20 other NBA teams. Everybody has a couple players who can score and or do other things to decide a game if/when they go off.

Let's just agree that we'll win this if the refs are doing an OK job unlike against Luka, ok? :) I mean we should get the calls this game, am I rite?

We should win, but it's probably close to an even spread. If Paul, Crowder, Ayton and Booker play like they did in this one though, I wouldn't expect it.

If most of those players play reasaonably well, it could be close and if they all play well we should win.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#15 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:41 am

Those pesky Kings are about to witness what real basketball royalty looks like. The mighty phoenix suns will reign supreme in this game, and beyond, and show once again which team truly plays with the type of royal splendor worthy of the title 'king'.
Spoiler:
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,487

Post#16 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:52 am

Mr Puddles wrote:Those pesky Kings are about to witness what real basketball royalty looks like. The mighty phoenix suns will reign supreme in this game, and beyond, and show once again which team truly plays with the type of royal splendor worthy of the title 'king'.

Had to double check when you became so poetic and it all began on a rainy day in Phoenix, Arizona on August 4th of our 2nd game in the bubble. The Suns are currently 8-0 with your poetic words and wisdom.

"Possible preview of the Western Conference finals (assuming the Clippers make it that far in the post season).

The Clippers are about to witness the wrath of that brawny mastodon of basketball domination, the might phoenix Suns, destroying everything on its path to playoff glory
".
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#17 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:04 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:Those pesky Kings are about to witness what real basketball royalty looks like. The mighty phoenix suns will reign supreme in this game, and beyond, and show once again which team truly plays with the type of royal splendor worthy of the title 'king'.

Had to double check when you became so poetic and it all began on a rainy day in Phoenix, Arizona on April 4th of our 2nd game in the bubble. The Suns are currently 8-0 with your poetic words and wisdom.

"Possible preview of the Western Conference finals (assuming the Clippers make it that far in the post season).

The Clippers are about to witness the wrath of that brawny mastodon of basketball domination, the might phoenix Suns, destroying everything on its path to playoff glory
".

:lol: :lol: trying to keep the streak alive
Spoiler:
Adrao
Junior
And1: 195

Post#18 » by Adrao » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:21 am

I miss Galloway in the survey.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,701

Post#19 » by Qwigglez » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 am

SunsRback4Good wrote:

Had to double check when you became so poetic and it all began on a rainy day in Phoenix, Arizona on August 4th of our 2nd game in the bubble. The Suns are currently 8-0 with your poetic words and wisdom.

".

This is what I am reminded of when you talk with such words. Timestamped for ya too :D
https://youtu.be/n5_-HnVhKlw?t=40
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,701

Post#20 » by Qwigglez » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:02 pm

The Kings beat the Nuggets, but Murray was apparently playing hobbled. Harrison Barnes went off, but probably because MPJ was guarding him and he's not that good of a defender. Bridges should lock down Harrison Barnes. I am worried about Hield lighting us up though. Our guards should give Fox a hard enough time, and I'm hoping Ayton shows up this game.

Return to Phoenix Suns