Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Ruzious

yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 16,769

Re: Chet Holmgren - Gonzaga 

Post#41 » by yoyoboy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:04 am

DPOY type impact? I don’t know how people can project that for Chet after watching him this year. His instincts and awareness aren’t anything special. He doesn’t look like a guy who will be able to contain guards on switches. He’s going to get dislodged by physicality in the paint because of his frame. He’s a great shot blocker but that’s it imo.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 7,913

Post#42 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:54 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:i loved chet coming out of hs and saw him as a future #1 overall, but he's been exposed a bit in cbb. i think he's going to struggle as a scorer in the league. he'll spot up from three and he'll block some shots, but otherwise with his slight build - and honestly a body type that won't allow him to put on much weight, he's going to struggle a bit offensively.

Anyone who expected Chet to be a great or even good scorer was looking at his traits the wrong way. He just isnt aggressive or selfish enough to be an elite scorer. What he can be is an elite 2nd option who gives you transformative defensive, rarely plays 'pound the ball', makes the right / unselfish decisions, hits the open 3 and gets buckets on cuts.

He is still a special prospect, but more of a supercharged PF version of Myles Turner than the next Dirk.

I think 18-20ppg / 8-10rpg / 2.5-3.5apg / 2.5-3bpg with elite advanced metrics and the type of play that just helps teams win is what to expect.

He is the absolute perfect prospect for my team, the Blazers, given our surplus of scoring and lack of defense and unselfish play.

So he's not Dirk BUT he'll be a better version of current Anthony Davis and rival bigs like KAT?

Just a friendly reminder Giannis was 190lbs soaking wet coming into the league. I'm not saying Chet possesses the drive and determination or even a frame as a Giannis, but it's not farfetched to predict Chet will be able to gain weight and be able to play the 4 effectively.

Even Porzingis that Chet is compared to a lot also was a twig and put on a ton of muscle.

If I'm a betting man I think my team (Orlando) drafts him with the #1 without any hesitation.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
NRSV
Junior
And1: 560

Post#43 » by NRSV » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:27 am

yoyoboy wrote:DPOY type impact? I don’t know how people can project that for Chet after watching him this year. His instincts and awareness aren’t anything special. He doesn’t look like a guy who will be able to contain guards on switches. He’s going to get dislodged by physicality in the paint because of his frame. He’s a great shot blocker but that’s it imo.

He’s no Mobley. that’s for sure
DroseReturnChi
General Manager
And1: 2,320

Post#44 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:29 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
reamily wrote:Flooring is ak 47?

I know Im not the highest on Chet, but this seems unbelievably high expectations for him. He isnt nearly as athletic as AK47. AK47 was a long athletic 6'9 wing who could pretty much guard everyone 1-4. Chet hasnt shown anywhere near the kind of athleticism to be as versatile of a defender as AK47 was.

chet has the height. ak47 is a solid comparison. only chet doubters are using frame excuse plenty of thin frame has succeeded.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
namlede
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#45 » by namlede » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:02 pm

agreed, yes Chet is rain thin, but I actually think that speaks to his toughness and champion attitude that is willing to bang In the post and is not afraid of much bigger guys.

too many bigs are soft as feathers, and here comes a guy who is tough as nails. having that type of mentality is very important for big men imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
spree8
RealGM
And1: 4,053

Post#46 » by spree8 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:47 pm

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
reamily wrote:Flooring is ak 47?

I know Im not the highest on Chet, but this seems unbelievably high expectations for him. He isnt nearly as athletic as AK47. AK47 was a long athletic 6'9 wing who could pretty much guard everyone 1-4. Chet hasnt shown anywhere near the kind of athleticism to be as versatile of a defender as AK47 was.

chet has the height. ak47 is a solid comparison. only chet doubters are using frame excuse plenty of thin frame has succeeded.

Maybe an AK47/KP hybrid. He’s not as athletic, quick, or mobile as AK was to guard perimeter guys full time.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
RJ Barrett
Danilo Gallinari
Joel Embiid

nicnac215
Sixth Man
And1: 472

Post#47 » by nicnac215 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:06 pm

spree8 wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I know Im not the highest on Chet, but this seems unbelievably high expectations for him. He isnt nearly as athletic as AK47. AK47 was a long athletic 6'9 wing who could pretty much guard everyone 1-4. Chet hasnt shown anywhere near the kind of athleticism to be as versatile of a defender as AK47 was.

Maybe an AK47/KP hybrid. He’s not as athletic, quick, or mobile as AK was to guard perimeter guys full time.

I see a weaker Giannis with a shot. He plays hard, bangs, can dribble the ball up the court and hit the open man. I’ve seen him steal the ball before half court, take one dribble then dunk it. That’s something Giannis does.

Return to NBA Draft