stitches wrote:A deal that I think might be done is one that involves the supermax BUT it's heavily incentives laden. Example
- Sure... you get the 35% BUT... only if we win a championship... or only if you are MVP.
- 34% if you get 1st team All-NBA and DPOY
- 33% if you get 1st team All-NBA
- 32% if you get 2nd team All-NBA and DPOY
- 31% if you get 2nd team All-NBA
- 30.5% if you get 3d team All-NBA and 1st team All-Defense
- 30% if you get 1st team all-D
- 29% if you get 2nd team all-D
- 28% in any other case.
Something like this...
And IMO(like others have said above) if Gobert doesn't sign an extension it will be a mistake to wait it out and see what happens. If all negotiations fall through... just trade him. Please! Yes, we will take a step back this year, but it's better to take a step back for a year than to lose an all-NBA talent for nothing.
I hate this...
I definitely like this but is it legally possible under the CBA?