MTJazzv3 wrote:I know its Bleacher Report but I thought this casual fan article that made it onto the CNN news feed today is a decent take on where the Jazz are now and why doubters may still doubt. Personally, I'm not to worried about "they've peaked to early" - us hardazzed Jazz fans (and Q and team), still see plenty of places the team can improve and they don't strike me as a team that thinks they can coast at half way point. The "playoff" toughness issue is valid based on the last several years - but again, this team has learned from past issues/mistakes with a vengance and I don't see the Jazz suddenly going soft in the playoffs. Thoughts?
There some pretty evident facts/observatios:
1. 3p based offence is most streaky and most fragile under the stress of all. Shooting accuracy tends to go in a slump exactly when it is most needed.
2. Jazz partially offsets that law of nature with good defense, but again - so far it is more of a finesse defense.
3. So far Jazz didn't fare well with tough and mature physical teams form the top 10. Clippers on full strength and even Miami on its peak performance looked like a very serious hurdle.
4. We still don't know how Jazz will play in multiple games with same opponent. Coach adjustment and riding hot hand will be a great deal and both aren't Jazz strong points.
5. Closing iv close game looks like pretty weak point...
So unfortunately there very solid reasons to expect some problems in playoffs. But keeping top place and having somewhat weaker opponent in first round can help a lot as it provides a time for adjustments to PO environment.