2-way contracts

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 3,635

2-way contracts 

Post#1 » by penbeast0 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:13 am

Does it seem to anyone else that there are a number of teams who have signed several 2-way players to contracts and the Wizards are falling a bit behind? Who should we be after?
[quote="Nivek"] This post could come only from a Wizards fan. It somehow combines delusional optimism with soul-crushing pessimism.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 2,536

Re: 2-way contracts 

Post#2 » by closg00 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:44 am

Garrison Matthews has one slot, the other is open, I suppose they are going to give the other spot to one of the camp invites.
Tank 19/20, trade Brad, Top-5 pick in 2020.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 114

Post#3 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:19 pm

penbeast0 wrote:Does it seem to anyone else that there are a number of teams who have signed several 2-way players to contracts and the Wizards are falling a bit behind? Who should we be after?

Only Detroit and Minnesota have signed more than two players to two-way contracts, unless I missed a team; the majority of teams have given out two-way contracts to one or two players, with the numbers being almost even.

The Wizards signed Garrison Matthews.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 3,726

Post#4 » by payitforward » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:13 pm

After the draft, we signed Corey Davis, Jr. & Armoni Brooks -- both out of U. of Houston. They were on our SL team, but I don't recollect them playing or, if either of them did play, doing anything much.

To me, Brooks looks like an interesting prospect. He's a 6'3" shooting guard who turned 21 in June -- he entered the draft after his 3d year. Armoni Brooks's college numbers as a Sophomore & Junior were very very good. A few things stick out:

1) he shoots a lot of 3's, & makes a very high % of them (204-508 combined Sophomore & Junior seasons: just over 40%).
2) he rebounds extremely well for a guard: 8.2 per 40 minutes as a Junior, & only slightly fewer his first 2 years.
3) he does not turn the ball over. I mean almost never! -- 1 TO per 40 minutes his last 2 years.
4) he doesn't foul either: 2.35 fouls per 40 minutes his last 2 years.
5) OTOH, he manages 1 assist per 40 minutes.

Brooks looks like a guy who could have a pretty good NBA career. I'll be happy if he winds up our 2d 2-way player.
Pay no attention to the remarks above. Or, per Ruzious: "PIF, ...the best part of your posts is your tagline."
closg00
RealGM
And1: 2,536

Post#5 » by closg00 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:30 pm

payitforward wrote:After the draft, we signed Corey Davis, Jr. & Armoni Brooks -- both out of U. of Houston. They were on our SL team, but I don't recollect them playing or, if either of them did play, doing anything much.

To me, Brooks looks like an interesting prospect. He's a 6'3" shooting guard who turned 21 in June -- he entered the draft after his 3d year. Armoni Brooks's college numbers as a Sophomore & Junior were very very good. A few things stick out:

1) he shoots a lot of 3's, & makes a very high % of them (204-508 combined Sophomore & Junior seasons: just over 40%).
2) he rebounds extremely well for a guard: 8.2 per 40 minutes as a Junior, & only slightly fewer his first 2 years.
3) he does not turn the ball over. I mean almost never! -- 1 TO per 40 minutes his last 2 years.
4) he doesn't foul either: 2.35 fouls per 40 minutes his last 2 years.
5) OTOH, he manages 1 assist per 40 minutes.

Brooks looks like a guy who could have a pretty good NBA career. I'll be happy if he winds up our 2d 2-way player.

FWIW, the Raps had Brooks in for a pre-draft workout and nothing panned-out with them.
Tank 19/20, trade Brad, Top-5 pick in 2020.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 3,726

Post#6 » by payitforward » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:23 pm

Toronto had one pick in this draft -- #59. I assume he was under consideration. They took a big instead.

Perhaps they would have signed him undrafted had Tommy Sheppard not gotten there first?

If Masai Ujiri's staff was interested in him, I think even better of the kid! :)
Pay no attention to the remarks above. Or, per Ruzious: "PIF, ...the best part of your posts is your tagline."

Return to Washington Wizards