Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 75,788
And1: 209
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 8, 2015 6:14 pm

The Golden State Warriors are serving as a model for other teams who want to push the pace, go small and shoot a lot of three-pointers.


The Warriors now rank fourth in pace.


Stephen Curry was asked if the Warriors' style of small ball can be replicated.


"You can try to copy it, but you won't have the personnel," said Curry. "There isn't another Draymond Green, another Klay (Thompson), another Andre (Iguodala). If you put your small-ball lineup next to ours, we like our chances."


Curry was asked about what he sees for the next positional revolution.


"Eventually everybody's going to be a point guard, a point forward. You're seeing it in AAU ball now -- kids growing up, everybody wants to play point, which is fun. Of course we'll backtrack when the next big man comes along and sparks a shift, and then we'll copy that."

Via Sam Alipour/ESPN

Jordans_Rose
Junior
Posts: 261
And1: 142
Joined: May 07, 2015
   

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#2 » by Jordans_Rose » Tue Dec 8, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't know why people are rushing to follow in the Warriors footsteps. Yes, I get it. Granted there now what 23-0 and on a 25 game winning streak but it doesn't mean it will work year after year after year. Personally I like a team like Minnesota. Young, athletic, veteran leadership with guys like KG, Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Martin and others. T-Wolves have a nice traditional lineup which I believe will show success in the future. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, LaVine are all great players.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
Posts: 8,873
And1: 2,366
Joined: Oct 09, 2013

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#3 » by DarthDiggler69 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 6:48 pm

Talented and dominating bigmen dont exist anymore. But a new crop is coming up with Towns, Okafor, Porzingis, Drummond, Whiteside and Vucevic, those guys have potential to be game changers
lambchop
Head Coach
Posts: 6,106
And1: 5,850
Joined: May 14, 2014

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#4 » by lambchop » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:16 pm

Jordans_Rose wrote:I don't know why people are rushing to follow in the Warriors footsteps. Yes, I get it. Granted there now what 23-0 and on a 25 game winning streak but it doesn't mean it will work year after year after year. Personally I like a team like Minnesota. Young, athletic, veteran leadership with guys like KG, Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Martin and others. T-Wolves have a nice traditional lineup which I believe will show success in the future. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, LaVine are all great players.


I think it will work, cause those guys are young and stll improving. I mean guys like green, curry, thompson, barnes.
hyberx
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,662
And1: 221
Joined: Oct 31, 2001

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#5 » by hyberx » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:34 pm

Because the sophisticated basketball minds finally got the prove that playing basketball the right way, by moving the ball and being unselfish, can actually lead to winnings, championship, and entertaining basketball. They also realized that the new rules and new trend enable this fun/entertaining/right way of basketball. That is why you have a team, otherwise you could have a 1 v 1 league which could be another type of fun.
stepbackjftw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 812
And1: 590
Joined: Sep 15, 2012

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#6 » by stepbackjftw » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:58 pm

ruh-roh

he didn't include harrison barnes
olive_triangurl
Banned User
Posts: 2,687
And1: 607
Joined: Jun 27, 2014

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#7 » by olive_triangurl » Tue Dec 8, 2015 8:01 pm

Too late Curry, the big man era has arrived.
McKenna
Rookie
Posts: 1,037
And1: 1,116
Joined: Feb 02, 2013

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#8 » by McKenna » Tue Dec 8, 2015 8:58 pm

The pressure is definitely going to be on to win it all now.

Plenty of talk. The win streak. The records.

These Warriors certainly won't want to go down as the most winningest team that didn't win it all.
User avatar
Bulls23Nation
Senior
Posts: 540
And1: 125
Joined: Jul 07, 2008
Location: Orlando, Fl
Contact:

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#9 » by Bulls23Nation » Tue Dec 8, 2015 9:27 pm

McKenna wrote:The pressure is definitely going to be on to win it all now.

Plenty of talk. The win streak. The records.

These Warriors certainly won't want to go down as the most winningest team that didn't win it all.



but they already won it all...
I don't want to go down in history as the dude who destroyed the universe!
User avatar
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,195
And1: 9,283
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
Location: #HEATNation
       

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#10 » by NBADraft2003 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 9:58 pm

Yeah because you guys were the first ever to bring small ball to the NBA.
bballshinobi
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 18, 2015

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#11 » by bballshinobi » Tue Dec 8, 2015 10:19 pm

Bulls23Nation wrote:
McKenna wrote:The pressure is definitely going to be on to win it all now.

Plenty of talk. The win streak. The records.

These Warriors certainly won't want to go down as the most winningest team that didn't win it all.



but they already won it all...


LOL they didn't beat anybody... there were so many injuries in last year's playoffs. Luck is always part of any championship run, but they were the luckiest champions in modern history. In the Finals they were basically playing against a NBDL squad that just happened to have Lebron, and they still lost 2 games.
Whitey333
Ballboy
Posts: 21
And1: 1
Joined: Nov 04, 2015
         

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#12 » by Whitey333 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 12:17 am

The Spurs have added LMA, so get past them in 7 games first. Warriors will be very lucky to come out of the Western Conference finals this year.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,461
And1: 2,086
Joined: Nov 05, 2010

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#13 » by Todd3 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 1:39 am

This team is annoying and needs to stfu. Looking forward to seeing what they do in 7 game series vs SAS and CLE/OKC at full strength this time around. This win streak is cute and all but still just the regular season. They have yet to beat any great teams in the playoffs.
User avatar
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,696
And1: 1,589
Joined: Dec 23, 2013
     

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#14 » by jason bourne » Wed Dec 9, 2015 3:34 am

stepbackjftw wrote:ruh-roh

he didn't include harrison barnes


Could be the big bucks that Barnes is seeking. He is supposed to replace Iguodala.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
hyberx
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,662
And1: 221
Joined: Oct 31, 2001

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#15 » by hyberx » Wed Dec 9, 2015 7:37 am

Todd3 wrote:This team is annoying and needs to stfu. Looking forward to seeing what they do in 7 game series vs SAS and CLE/OKC at full strength this time around. This win streak is cute and all but still just the regular season. They have yet to beat any great teams in the playoffs.


LOL
Donnyxc
Starter
Posts: 2,472
And1: 242
Joined: May 03, 2013
 

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#16 » by Donnyxc » Wed Dec 9, 2015 1:19 pm

bballshinobi wrote:
Bulls23Nation wrote:
McKenna wrote:The pressure is definitely going to be on to win it all now.

Plenty of talk. The win streak. The records.

These Warriors certainly won't want to go down as the most winningest team that didn't win it all.



but they already won it all...


LOL they didn't beat anybody... there were so many injuries in last year's playoffs. Luck is always part of any championship run, but they were the luckiest champions in modern history. In the Finals they were basically playing against a NBDL squad that just happened to have Lebron, and they still lost 2 games.



They didn't beat anybody? They played every Team with an All NBA First Team player and won... http://www.nba.com/2015/news/05/21/2014-15-all-nba-first-team-official-release/


SMH. :crazy:
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
stepbackjftw
Pro Prospect
Posts: 812
And1: 590
Joined: Sep 15, 2012

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#17 » by stepbackjftw » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:27 am

jason bourne wrote:
stepbackjftw wrote:ruh-roh

he didn't include harrison barnes


Could be the big bucks that Barnes is seeking. He is supposed to replace Iguodala.



are the warriors letting go of iguodala and matching barnes?
bballshinobi
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 2
Joined: Jun 18, 2015

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#18 » by bballshinobi » Fri Aug 5, 2016 8:55 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
bballshinobi wrote:
Bulls23Nation wrote:

but they already won it all...


LOL they didn't beat anybody... there were so many injuries in last year's playoffs. Luck is always part of any championship run, but they were the luckiest champions in modern history. In the Finals they were basically playing against a NBDL squad that just happened to have Lebron, and they still lost 2 games.



They didn't beat anybody? They played every Team with an All NBA First Team player and won... http://www.nba.com/2015/news/05/21/2014-15-all-nba-first-team-official-release/


SMH. :crazy:


:crazy:

Return to Wiretap Discussion