Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 8, 2015 6:14 pm

The Golden State Warriors are serving as a model for other teams who want to push the pace, go small and shoot a lot of three-pointers.

The Warriors now rank fourth in pace.

Stephen Curry was asked if the Warriors' style of small ball can be replicated.

"You can try to copy it, but you won't have the personnel," said Curry. "There isn't another Draymond Green, another Klay (Thompson), another Andre (Iguodala). If you put your small-ball lineup next to ours, we like our chances."

Curry was asked about what he sees for the next positional revolution.

"Eventually everybody's going to be a point guard, a point forward. You're seeing it in AAU ball now -- kids growing up, everybody wants to play point, which is fun. Of course we'll backtrack when the next big man comes along and sparks a shift, and then we'll copy that."

Via Sam Alipour/ESPN

Jordans_Rose
Junior
And1: 156

Re: Stephen Curry On Teams Copying Warriors: You Won't Have The Personnel 

Post#2 » by Jordans_Rose » Tue Dec 8, 2015 6:26 pm

I don't know why people are rushing to follow in the Warriors footsteps. Yes, I get it. Granted there now what 23-0 and on a 25 game winning streak but it doesn't mean it will work year after year after year. Personally I like a team like Minnesota. Young, athletic, veteran leadership with guys like KG, Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Martin and others. T-Wolves have a nice traditional lineup which I believe will show success in the future. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, LaVine are all great players.
DarthDiggler69
General Manager
And1: 2,368

Post#3 » by DarthDiggler69 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 6:48 pm

Talented and dominating bigmen dont exist anymore. But a new crop is coming up with Towns, Okafor, Porzingis, Drummond, Whiteside and Vucevic, those guys have potential to be game changers
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,217

Post#4 » by lambchop » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:16 pm

Jordans_Rose wrote:I don't know why people are rushing to follow in the Warriors footsteps. Yes, I get it. Granted there now what 23-0 and on a 25 game winning streak but it doesn't mean it will work year after year after year. Personally I like a team like Minnesota. Young, athletic, veteran leadership with guys like KG, Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Martin and others. T-Wolves have a nice traditional lineup which I believe will show success in the future. Towns, Wiggins, Rubio, LaVine are all great players.

I think it will work, cause those guys are young and stll improving. I mean guys like green, curry, thompson, barnes.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#5 » by hyberx » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:34 pm

Because the sophisticated basketball minds finally got the prove that playing basketball the right way, by moving the ball and being unselfish, can actually lead to winnings, championship, and entertaining basketball. They also realized that the new rules and new trend enable this fun/entertaining/right way of basketball. That is why you have a team, otherwise you could have a 1 v 1 league which could be another type of fun.
stepbackjftw
Pro Prospect
And1: 590

Post#6 » by stepbackjftw » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:58 pm

ruh-roh

he didn't include harrison barnes
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#7 » by olive_triangurl » Tue Dec 8, 2015 8:01 pm

Too late Curry, the big man era has arrived.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#8 » by McKenna » Tue Dec 8, 2015 8:58 pm

The pressure is definitely going to be on to win it all now.

Plenty of talk. The win streak. The records.

These Warriors certainly won't want to go down as the most winningest team that didn't win it all.
Bulls23Nation
Senior
And1: 125

Post#9 » by Bulls23Nation » Tue Dec 8, 2015 9:27 pm

McKenna wrote:The pressure is definitely going to be on to win it all now.

These Warriors certainly won't want to go down as the most winningest team that didn't win it all.

but they already won it all...
I don't want to go down in history as the dude who destroyed the universe!
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#10 » by NBADraft2003 » Tue Dec 8, 2015 9:58 pm

Yeah because you guys were the first ever to bring small ball to the NBA.
bballshinobi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#11 » by bballshinobi » Tue Dec 8, 2015 10:19 pm

Bulls23Nation wrote:

LOL they didn't beat anybody... there were so many injuries in last year's playoffs. Luck is always part of any championship run, but they were the luckiest champions in modern history. In the Finals they were basically playing against a NBDL squad that just happened to have Lebron, and they still lost 2 games.
Whitey333
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Whitey333 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 12:17 am

The Spurs have added LMA, so get past them in 7 games first. Warriors will be very lucky to come out of the Western Conference finals this year.
Todd3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,086

Post#13 » by Todd3 » Wed Dec 9, 2015 1:39 am

This team is annoying and needs to stfu. Looking forward to seeing what they do in 7 game series vs SAS and CLE/OKC at full strength this time around. This win streak is cute and all but still just the regular season. They have yet to beat any great teams in the playoffs.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#14 » by jason bourne » Wed Dec 9, 2015 3:34 am

stepbackjftw wrote:ruh-roh

Could be the big bucks that Barnes is seeking. He is supposed to replace Iguodala.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#15 » by hyberx » Wed Dec 9, 2015 7:37 am

Todd3 wrote:This team is annoying and needs to stfu. Looking forward to seeing what they do in 7 game series vs SAS and CLE/OKC at full strength this time around. This win streak is cute and all but still just the regular season. They have yet to beat any great teams in the playoffs.

LOL
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#16 » by Donnyxc » Wed Dec 9, 2015 1:19 pm

bballshinobi wrote:
Bulls23Nation wrote:

LOL they didn't beat anybody... there were so many injuries in last year's playoffs. Luck is always part of any championship run, but they were the luckiest champions in modern history. In the Finals they were basically playing against a NBDL squad that just happened to have Lebron, and they still lost 2 games.

They didn't beat anybody? They played every Team with an All NBA First Team player and won... http://www.nba.com/2015/news/05/21/2014-15-all-nba-first-team-official-release/

SMH. :crazy:
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
stepbackjftw
Pro Prospect
And1: 590

Post#17 » by stepbackjftw » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:27 am

jason bourne wrote:
stepbackjftw wrote:ruh-roh

Could be the big bucks that Barnes is seeking. He is supposed to replace Iguodala.

are the warriors letting go of iguodala and matching barnes?
bballshinobi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#18 » by bballshinobi » Fri Aug 5, 2016 8:55 pm

Donnyxc wrote:
bballshinobi wrote:
Bulls23Nation wrote:

They didn't beat anybody? They played every Team with an All NBA First Team player and won... http://www.nba.com/2015/news/05/21/2014-15-all-nba-first-team-official-release/

SMH. :crazy:

:crazy:

Return to Wiretap Discussion