Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP

Moderators: bwgood77, ken6199, Dirk, Domejandro, jamaalstar21, zimpy27, BombsquadSammy, GeorgeMarcus, Goudelock, Prez

AussieRules
Rookie
Posts: 1,019
And1: 1,010
Joined: Jul 05, 2015
 

Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#1 » by AussieRules » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 am

Watching him destroy the suns right now both offensively and defensively. Even with Jrue Holiday on the floor, he’s become the Pels go to player and closer. He has 14 points in the 4th quarter so far and counting.
28pts/8rebs/5asts shooting 3-6 from beyond the arc with 2blks, 1stl and a game high +22 against a very good suns team.

The HumbleBeast is about to get paid!
User avatar
Woody Allen
General Manager
Posts: 7,678
And1: 2,475
Joined: Aug 13, 2002
Location: Toronto

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#2 » by Woody Allen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 am

No.
User avatar
LikeMike23
Pro Prospect
Posts: 977
And1: 379
Joined: Mar 01, 2009
   

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#3 » by LikeMike23 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 am

Hell, yeah! Brandon Ingram is a max player. If he goes to the east next year, he'll be an all-star.
Barnzy
Rookie
Posts: 1,098
And1: 1,420
Joined: Dec 16, 2014
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#4 » by Barnzy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:13 am

No.

The pelicans have been much better with him off the court than on the court up to last I checked maybe 1-2 games ago.

He can out up points but there's more to the NBA than points.
getitdone323
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,550
And1: 2,759
Joined: Feb 05, 2013
         

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#5 » by getitdone323 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:16 am

Countless people on this site, neckbeard twitter, and excel sheet twitter told me that Ingram was not a good player and he was tiers below Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. I wish i bookmarked some of the pages, but one guy literally wrote an essay using BI's metrics to show that he will amount to a below average to average player. These same people would laugh at us lakers fans when we kept telling you he would be good, but all that mattered was his advanced stats VORP, PER, etc

He can score at all 3 levels efficiently now, be a playmaker/ even run your offense, and still play solid defense when has to (dropped a bit this season, but in a new system)


...but if he was still laker, people will find anything to dismiss his success.


NOP didnt even give him an offer, i hope he tells Griffin to go **** himself


Get your bag BI, you deserve it.
yanuary
Rookie
Posts: 1,057
And1: 568
Joined: Apr 29, 2016
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#6 » by yanuary » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:18 am

Barnzy wrote:No.

The pelicans have been much better with him off the court than on the court up to last I checked maybe 1-2 games ago.

He can out up points but there's more to the NBA than points.


You insist on repeating the same thing, even though it has already been explained to you. When the initial fluke (for example garbage time) with the on/off will be over, you will lose your one and only ridiculous argument.
#13 » by yanuary » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:29 am

In 2025 somewhere we will see topic "worst trades in Lakers history" and this would be #1.
Barnzy
Rookie
Posts: 1,098
And1: 1,420
Joined: Dec 16, 2014
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#7 » by Barnzy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:40 am

yanuary wrote:
Barnzy wrote:No.

The pelicans have been much better with him off the court than on the court up to last I checked maybe 1-2 games ago.

He can out up points but there's more to the NBA than points.


You insist on repeating the same thing, even though it has already been explained to you. When the initial fluke (for example garbage time) with the on/off will be over, you will lose your one and only ridiculous argument.


You say fluke yet it's been a consistent theme over his whole career thus far.

The odds are in favour of it continuing than not.
User avatar
KingFox
Starter
Posts: 2,386
And1: 1,793
Joined: Dec 23, 2014
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#8 » by KingFox » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:44 am

lol he really isn't. MIP candidate, maybe.
User avatar
Dr Aki
RealGM
Posts: 27,418
And1: 13,682
Joined: Mar 03, 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
   

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#9 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 am

ingram is a max player because a team will offer him the max

new orleans either ponies up the cash or loses him

that's it
Image
getitdone323
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,550
And1: 2,759
Joined: Feb 05, 2013
         

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#10 » by getitdone323 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:53 am

KingFox wrote:lol he really isn't. MIP candidate, maybe.


hes 26/7/5 52% shooting 44% from 3, he should maintain close to those numbers,maybe drop in scoring with zion back.

If zion comes back they have a good shot to push for the 7th/8th seed, so the fact he was considered a bust and a joke as an asset to avg those numbers on a playoff team would be a pretty strong **** case for MIP.
nzahir
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,155
And1: 1,689
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#11 » by nzahir » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:56 am

But But I thought that Lakers young guys were trash and they could never make a deal for AD since they were worthless

Now maybe everyone is realisizng that the injuries (and poor fits) screwed the Lakers last year. BI has legit all star potential. Maybe even potential to be a #2 on a team if Zion is that true #1.
User avatar
lonzo_pelota
Starter
Posts: 2,455
And1: 2,767
Joined: Jul 28, 2017
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#12 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:00 am

yes and supermax
Spens1
RealGM
Posts: 13,227
And1: 3,559
Joined: Jun 16, 2015
     

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#13 » by Spens1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:01 am

max, yes, MIP, their may be players who have improved more which is surprising (honestly i'd argue that Doncic should get it even though he's only a 2nd year), though i am highly salty that he actually has a 3pt shot. Why now, why not last year ffs (Walton has a lot to answer for given even Lonzo has shown signs of life from beyond the 3pt line, that just makes whatever he was doing last year regarding development even more sus). The only thing is that he's very streaky still.

Anyway i'm glad he's actually proving people wrong on here since he's always had this level of potential.
getitdone323
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,550
And1: 2,759
Joined: Feb 05, 2013
         

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#14 » by getitdone323 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am

nzahir wrote:But But I thought that Lakers young guys were trash and they could never make a deal for AD since they were worthless

Now maybe everyone is realisizng that the injuries (and poor fits) screwed the Lakers last year. BI has legit all star potential. Maybe even potential to be a #2 on a team if Zion is that true #1.



whats funny is we all got dismissed as homers because they didnt believe BI would end up being a really good player (and hes only 22!)

I mean the pelicans SB blog site literally kept calling the lakers offer trash


It just show the lakers hate is so so so deep, sadly the level hate you see for them is similar to KKK and ppl of color.
hoosierdaddy34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,737
And1: 1,175
Joined: Dec 05, 2016
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#15 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am

Yes he can score from all 3 levels. But he can also be your primary ball handler as he has done frequently throughout his career. He is a ridiculously underrated passer, see his pass tonight to a cutting Williams that was just insane. Granted he needs to pass a little more but it’s in his tool chest to be a very good one. And he can play lock down defense when he wants to, ask Luka about their lone matchup last year.

People who say he can just do Just one thing are blind, try watching him once before commenting. People have been underrating his game for years and they are salty he keeps showing them up.

Oh and he’s only 22 freaking years old!

He will get the max, it’s coming. He deserves it.
Imon
Head Coach
Posts: 6,731
And1: 5,957
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Ft. Worth

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#16 » by Imon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am

The Suns were missing Baynes and Rubio against the Pels (and before you laugh the Suns starting 5 with them were really good).
As for Ingram, I want to see more from him because I still get Antawn Jamison vibes from him.
hoosierdaddy34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,737
And1: 1,175
Joined: Dec 05, 2016
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#17 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:04 am

Imon wrote:The Suns were missing Baynes and Rubio against the Pels (and before you laugh the Suns starting 5 with them were really good).
As for Ingram, I want to see more from him because I still get Antawn Jamison vibes from him.


Ever seen Antwan run point and be your primary ball handler? Didn’t think so.
LipSkinMatter
Rookie
Posts: 1,189
And1: 1,588
Joined: Apr 24, 2019
       

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#18 » by LipSkinMatter » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:04 am

Offensively he has broken out. On the other end, not yet.
facothomas22 wrote:How am I disrespecting the Lakers? There's several of reasons to believe that the Lakers may not even be a fringe playoff team,let alone a actual playoff team.
Imon
Head Coach
Posts: 6,731
And1: 5,957
Joined: Oct 18, 2012
Location: Ft. Worth

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#19 » by Imon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:06 am

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
Imon wrote:The Suns were missing Baynes and Rubio against the Pels (and before you laugh the Suns starting 5 with them were really good).
As for Ingram, I want to see more from him because I still get Antawn Jamison vibes from him.


Ever seen Antwan run point and be your primary ball handler? Didn’t think so.


Dude, I just finished watching that TNT game. Jrue was the primary ball handler.
hoosierdaddy34
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,737
And1: 1,175
Joined: Dec 05, 2016
 

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#20 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:09 am

Imon wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
Imon wrote:The Suns were missing Baynes and Rubio against the Pels (and before you laugh the Suns starting 5 with them were really good).
As for Ingram, I want to see more from him because I still get Antawn Jamison vibes from him.


Ever seen Antwan run point and be your primary ball handler? Didn’t think so.


Dude, I just finished watching that TNT game. Jrue was the primary ball handler.


1st - so did I. Ingram brought the ball up plenty of times and initiated the offense in the 2nd half.

But aside from that, Lonzo was literally out 30 games last year and Ingram started at the point for the Lakers. Same thing the year before.

Try actually understanding the player by watching him before commenting.

Return to The General Board