Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

AussieRules
Starter
And1: 2,002

Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#1 » by AussieRules » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 am

Watching him destroy the suns right now both offensively and defensively. Even with Jrue Holiday on the floor, he’s become the Pels go to player and closer. He has 14 points in the 4th quarter so far and counting.
28pts/8rebs/5asts shooting 3-6 from beyond the arc with 2blks, 1stl and a game high +22 against a very good suns team.

The HumbleBeast is about to get paid!
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Re: Is Brandon Ingram a max player and the MIP 

Post#2 » by Woody Allen » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:01 am

No.
LikeMike23
Bench Warmer
And1: 613

Post#3 » by LikeMike23 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:11 am

Hell, yeah! Brandon Ingram is a max player. If he goes to the east next year, he'll be an all-star.
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#4 » by Barnzy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:13 am

No.

The pelicans have been much better with him off the court than on the court up to last I checked maybe 1-2 games ago.

He can out up points but there's more to the NBA than points.
getitdone323
Sixth Man
And1: 2,760

Post#5 » by getitdone323 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:16 am

Countless people on this site, neckbeard twitter, and excel sheet twitter told me that Ingram was not a good player and he was tiers below Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown. I wish i bookmarked some of the pages, but one guy literally wrote an essay using BI's metrics to show that he will amount to a below average to average player. These same people would laugh at us lakers fans when we kept telling you he would be good, but all that mattered was his advanced stats VORP, PER, etc

He can score at all 3 levels efficiently now, be a playmaker/ even run your offense, and still play solid defense when has to (dropped a bit this season, but in a new system)

...but if he was still laker, people will find anything to dismiss his success.

NOP didnt even give him an offer, i hope he tells Griffin to go **** himself

Get your bag BI, you deserve it.
yanuary
Rookie
And1: 608

Post#6 » by yanuary » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:18 am

Barnzy wrote:No.

The pelicans have been much better with him off the court than on the court up to last I checked maybe 1-2 games ago.

You insist on repeating the same thing, even though it has already been explained to you. When the initial fluke (for example garbage time) with the on/off will be over, you will lose your one and only ridiculous argument.
clyde21 wrote:sell high on Ingram, this is Zion's team now, there is no room for that black hole that is BI

clyde21 wrote:bench Ingram for NAW, already a better player
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#7 » by Barnzy » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:40 am

yanuary wrote:
Barnzy wrote:No.

You insist on repeating the same thing, even though it has already been explained to you. When the initial fluke (for example garbage time) with the on/off will be over, you will lose your one and only ridiculous argument.

You say fluke yet it's been a consistent theme over his whole career thus far.

The odds are in favour of it continuing than not.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,602

Post#8 » by KingFox » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:44 am

lol he really isn't. MIP candidate, maybe.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,115

Post#9 » by Dr Aki » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 am

ingram is a max player because a team will offer him the max

new orleans either ponies up the cash or loses him

that's it
getitdone323
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by getitdone323 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:53 am

KingFox wrote:lol he really isn't. MIP candidate, maybe.

hes 26/7/5 52% shooting 44% from 3, he should maintain close to those numbers,maybe drop in scoring with zion back.

If zion comes back they have a good shot to push for the 7th/8th seed, so the fact he was considered a bust and a joke as an asset to avg those numbers on a playoff team would be a pretty strong **** case for MIP.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#11 » by nzahir » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:56 am

But But I thought that Lakers young guys were trash and they could never make a deal for AD since they were worthless

Now maybe everyone is realisizng that the injuries (and poor fits) screwed the Lakers last year. BI has legit all star potential. Maybe even potential to be a #2 on a team if Zion is that true #1.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,538

Post#12 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:00 am

yes and supermax
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#13 » by Spens1 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:01 am

max, yes, MIP, their may be players who have improved more which is surprising (honestly i'd argue that Doncic should get it even though he's only a 2nd year), though i am highly salty that he actually has a 3pt shot. Why now, why not last year ffs (Walton has a lot to answer for given even Lonzo has shown signs of life from beyond the 3pt line, that just makes whatever he was doing last year regarding development even more sus). The only thing is that he's very streaky still.

Anyway i'm glad he's actually proving people wrong on here since he's always had this level of potential.
getitdone323
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by getitdone323 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am

nzahir wrote:But But I thought that Lakers young guys were trash and they could never make a deal for AD since they were worthless

Now maybe everyone is realisizng that the injuries (and poor fits) screwed the Lakers last year. BI has legit all star potential. Maybe even potential to be a #2 on a team if Zion is that true #1.

whats funny is we all got dismissed as homers because they didnt believe BI would end up being a really good player (and hes only 22!)

I mean the pelicans SB blog site literally kept calling the lakers offer trash

It just show the lakers hate is so so so deep, sadly the level hate you see for them is similar to KKK and ppl of color.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,725

Post#15 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am

Yes he can score from all 3 levels. But he can also be your primary ball handler as he has done frequently throughout his career. He is a ridiculously underrated passer, see his pass tonight to a cutting Williams that was just insane. Granted he needs to pass a little more but it’s in his tool chest to be a very good one. And he can play lock down defense when he wants to, ask Luka about their lone matchup last year.

People who say he can just do Just one thing are blind, try watching him once before commenting. People have been underrating his game for years and they are salty he keeps showing them up.

Oh and he’s only 22 freaking years old!

He will get the max, it’s coming. He deserves it.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#16 » by Imon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:02 am

The Suns were missing Baynes and Rubio against the Pels (and before you laugh the Suns starting 5 with them were really good).
As for Ingram, I want to see more from him because I still get Antawn Jamison vibes from him.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach

Post#17 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:04 am

Imon wrote:The Suns were missing Baynes and Rubio against the Pels (and before you laugh the Suns starting 5 with them were really good).
As for Ingram, I want to see more from him because I still get Antawn Jamison vibes from him.

Ever seen Antwan run point and be your primary ball handler? Didn’t think so.
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#18 » by LipSkinMatter » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:04 am

Offensively he has broken out. On the other end, not yet.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,262

Post#19 » by Imon » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:06 am

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
Imon wrote:The Suns were missing Baynes and Rubio against the Pels (and before you laugh the Suns starting 5 with them were really good).

Dude, I just finished watching that TNT game. Jrue was the primary ball handler.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach

Post#20 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:09 am

Imon wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:

Dude, I just finished watching that TNT game. Jrue was the primary ball handler.

1st - so did I. Ingram brought the ball up plenty of times and initiated the offense in the 2nd half.

But aside from that, Lonzo was literally out 30 games last year and Ingram started at the point for the Lakers. Same thing the year before.

Try actually understanding the player by watching him before commenting.

Return to The General Board