Randle vs. Porzingis

Moderators: jamaalstar21, infinite11285, BombsquadSammy, ken6199, Domejandro, bwgood77, Dirk, zimpy27, KingDavid

Chanel Bomber
General Manager
And1: 12,175

Re: Randle vs. Porzingis 

Post#481 » by Chanel Bomber » Yesterday 9:13 pm

One more time because why not.

Read on Twitter
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 15,306

Post#482 » by UcanUwill » Yesterday 10:43 pm

Here here everyone who chose Porzingis, you are very wrong, but heres a picture of the funny animal to brighten your day :

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 8,776

Post#483 » by Ballerhogger » Yesterday 11:20 pm

Didnt dallas once have chance at him? A luka and Randle team would be very good. :nonono:
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#484 » by DimesandKnicks » Today 12:56 am

Porzingiz could kind of score and was a really good defender. Randle is more dynamic. I've actually been asking myself if Randle is having a better season than Melo has a ever had with the Knicks. Melo is a better score and turns the ball over less, and there is something to be said about not turning the ball over. The difference between one or two turnovers can be as impact full as a player having one or two blocks, and I have found myself shaking my in amazement this season the same way I was when Melo was dropping 28 and the season after. If he can keep it going though :nod:

Am I nuts?
righterwriter wrote:Because someone named Laquanda or Dontrelle evokes an image of someone who might be a pain to work with compared to someone named Chen or Dieter. Don't like it? Blame the Laquanda's and Dontrelle's who have been tough to work with in the past.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 37,870

Post#485 » by Raps in 4 » Today 1:06 am

DimesandKnicks wrote:Porzingiz could kind of score and was a really good defender. Randle is more dynamic. I've actually been asking myself if Randle is having a better season than Melo has a ever had with the Knicks. Melo is a better score and turns the ball over less, and there is something to be said about not turning the ball over. The difference between one or two turnovers can be as impact full as a player having one or two blocks, and I have found myself shaking my in amazement this season the same way I was when Melo was dropping 28 and the season after. If he can keep it going though :nod:

Am I nuts?

He's definitely on Melo's level.
MeloNY
Bench Warmer
And1: 221

Post#486 » by MeloNY » Today 5:15 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:Porzingiz could kind of score and was a really good defender. Randle is more dynamic. I've actually been asking myself if Randle is having a better season than Melo has a ever had with the Knicks. Melo is a better score and turns the ball over less, and there is something to be said about not turning the ball over. The difference between one or two turnovers can be as impact full as a player having one or two blocks, and I have found myself shaking my in amazement this season the same way I was when Melo was dropping 28 and the season after. If he can keep it going though :nod:

Am I nuts?

Melo's 2012-13 season was unreal. Led the NBA in PPG, Knicks were 2nd seed in the east, and our second best player was JR Smith. Lol. Randle is having a great season but not quite on that level.
zonedefense
Starter
And1: 2,094

Post#487 » by zonedefense » Today 6:13 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Didnt dallas once have chance at him? A luka and Randle team would be very good. :nonono:

Not only a chance. Randle more or less begged them to sign him. He has a tattoo of Dallas skyline on his arm. Dallas made some really questionable decisions in free agency over the last couple of years. Never showed any interest in the local guys.

The all Dallas lineup + Doncic/DFS:
Doncic/Smart/DFS/Randle/Turner and probably still capspace to add more

Instead we get the Cuban and Nelson formula. One big hit in the draft/free agency. Followed by 5-10 years of missing out on max free agents. Good enough for the playoffs most of the time because they have a top 5 player (Luka, Dirk). Rarely a real contender.
zonedefense
Starter
And1: 2,094

Post#488 » by zonedefense » Today 6:17 pm

The crazy part is the defensive end. If someone would have told me 1-2 years ago that between both KP would end up as the defensive liability...but here we are. KPs defensive decline has been really bad and Randle is more or less a net neutral that actually adds some value with his rebounding.
Pinkyring
General Manager
And1: 5,705

Post#489 » by Pinkyring » Today 6:37 pm

This board sure knows how to beat a topic to death
cgf
RealGM
And1: 3,874

Post#490 » by cgf » Today 6:38 pm

zonedefense wrote:The crazy part is the defensive end. If someone would have told me 1-2 years ago that between both KP would end up as the defensive liability...but here we are. KPs defensive decline has been really bad and Randle is more or less a net neutral that actually adds some value with his rebounding.

SHocking as it is, he has been even better than just neutral defensively. Randle is a genuinely good defensive player this season.
dogrufus wrote:Plus the win would put us at .500 and 5 straight wins, making every poster here cream in their pants.

We're Knicks fans. We never get to cream.

cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 13,687

Post#491 » by Shock Defeat » Today 6:39 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Wake me up when Randle is playing winning ball on a team that isnt one of the worst teams in the league.

And yes, i expect the Knicks to be again a bottom 4 team in the east.

Randle needs to prove that he can play great within a winning system. There is a reason why the Mavs had never any interest in him, even with him being from Dallas

Is it time to wake him up?

Return to The General Board