Randle vs. Porzingis

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,298

Re: Randle vs. Porzingis 

Post#481 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue May 4, 2021 9:13 pm

One more time because why not.

Read on Twitter
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,617

Post#482 » by UcanUwill » Tue May 4, 2021 10:43 pm

Here here everyone who chose Porzingis, you are very wrong, but heres a picture of the funny animal to brighten your day :

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#483 » by Ballerhogger » Tue May 4, 2021 11:20 pm

Didnt dallas once have chance at him? A luka and Randle team would be very good. :nonono:
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#484 » by DimesandKnicks » Wed May 5, 2021 12:56 am

Porzingiz could kind of score and was a really good defender. Randle is more dynamic. I've actually been asking myself if Randle is having a better season than Melo has a ever had with the Knicks. Melo is a better score and turns the ball over less, and there is something to be said about not turning the ball over. The difference between one or two turnovers can be as impact full as a player having one or two blocks, and I have found myself shaking my in amazement this season the same way I was when Melo was dropping 28 and the season after. If he can keep it going though :nod:

Am I nuts?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#485 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 5, 2021 1:06 am

DimesandKnicks wrote:Porzingiz could kind of score and was a really good defender. Randle is more dynamic. I've actually been asking myself if Randle is having a better season than Melo has a ever had with the Knicks. Melo is a better score and turns the ball over less, and there is something to be said about not turning the ball over. The difference between one or two turnovers can be as impact full as a player having one or two blocks, and I have found myself shaking my in amazement this season the same way I was when Melo was dropping 28 and the season after. If he can keep it going though :nod:

Am I nuts?

He's definitely on Melo's level.
MeloNY
Bench Warmer
And1: 469

Post#486 » by MeloNY » Wed May 5, 2021 5:15 pm

DimesandKnicks wrote:Porzingiz could kind of score and was a really good defender. Randle is more dynamic. I've actually been asking myself if Randle is having a better season than Melo has a ever had with the Knicks. Melo is a better score and turns the ball over less, and there is something to be said about not turning the ball over. The difference between one or two turnovers can be as impact full as a player having one or two blocks, and I have found myself shaking my in amazement this season the same way I was when Melo was dropping 28 and the season after. If he can keep it going though :nod:

Am I nuts?

Melo's 2012-13 season was unreal. Led the NBA in PPG, Knicks were 2nd seed in the east, and our second best player was JR Smith. Lol. Randle is having a great season but not quite on that level.
zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Post#487 » by zonedefense » Wed May 5, 2021 6:13 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:Didnt dallas once have chance at him? A luka and Randle team would be very good. :nonono:

Not only a chance. Randle more or less begged them to sign him. He has a tattoo of Dallas skyline on his arm. Dallas made some really questionable decisions in free agency over the last couple of years. Never showed any interest in the local guys.

The all Dallas lineup + Doncic/DFS:
Doncic/Smart/DFS/Randle/Turner and probably still capspace to add more

Instead we get the Cuban and Nelson formula. One big hit in the draft/free agency. Followed by 5-10 years of missing out on max free agents. Good enough for the playoffs most of the time because they have a top 5 player (Luka, Dirk). Rarely a real contender.
zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Post#488 » by zonedefense » Wed May 5, 2021 6:17 pm

The crazy part is the defensive end. If someone would have told me 1-2 years ago that between both KP would end up as the defensive liability...but here we are. KPs defensive decline has been really bad and Randle is more or less a net neutral that actually adds some value with his rebounding.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#489 » by Pinkyring » Wed May 5, 2021 6:37 pm

This board sure knows how to beat a topic to death
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,760

Post#490 » by cgf » Wed May 5, 2021 6:38 pm

zonedefense wrote:The crazy part is the defensive end. If someone would have told me 1-2 years ago that between both KP would end up as the defensive liability...but here we are. KPs defensive decline has been really bad and Randle is more or less a net neutral that actually adds some value with his rebounding.

SHocking as it is, he has been even better than just neutral defensively. Randle is a genuinely good defensive player this season.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,893

Post#491 » by Shock Defeat » Wed May 5, 2021 6:39 pm

Swish1906 wrote:Wake me up when Randle is playing winning ball on a team that isnt one of the worst teams in the league.

And yes, i expect the Knicks to be again a bottom 4 team in the east.

Randle needs to prove that he can play great within a winning system. There is a reason why the Mavs had never any interest in him, even with him being from Dallas

Is it time to wake him up?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#492 » by blueNorange » Tue May 11, 2021 5:16 pm

Kristaps Porzingis disputed a recent assertion from Mark Cuban that he and Luka Doncic may have issues off the court.

"I've never had any problems with my teammates off the court," said Porzingis. "I've always gotten along very well with them. I don't know what Cuban was talking about. I try to be as professional as possible, do what I have to do and be a soldier for the team."

Cuban referred to "dust-ups" between Porzingis and Doncic in an interview last month. Cuban compared the relationship to Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry.

it's funny because we warned mav fans that kp is an entitled jerk that's cancerous and they laughed at us, but are now seeing the light.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Post#493 » by urgal » Tue May 11, 2021 5:26 pm

blueNorange wrote:it's funny because we warned mav fans that kp is an entitled jerk that's cancerous and they laughed at us, but are now seeing the light.

What's funny is that I'm basically following everything mavs related and don't even have the slightest clue what you're even talking about.

KP or any drama that may be there behind the scenes isn't even a thing for mavs fans.

Only obsessed Knicks fans like you keep trying to stir something up for some odd reason.

Meanwhile we're all just enjoying the roll we've been on the past few weeks. KP isn't even a thing right now.

We're winning so who cares.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#494 » by blueNorange » Tue May 11, 2021 5:39 pm

yes, the roll y'all been without kp being negative energy.

and in this winning streak, kp feels like he needs to inject himself in the middle of it.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#495 » by MrOrange » Tue May 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Oh, God, this still lingering for some. Should I remind you that before Thibbs most of the Knicks fans wanted Randle gone? As far as KP's entitlement: has been mostly in the minds of NYK FO and some persistent NYK fans. But, the construct lives and even has legs :)
urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Post#496 » by urgal » Tue May 11, 2021 5:53 pm

blueNorange wrote:yes, the roll y'all been without kp being negative energy.

and in this winning streak, kp feels like he needs to inject himself in the middle of it.

He was actually just calmly responding to a question asked by a reporter during a zoom call which you would know if you actually had any clue about the situation and weren't just looking to stir something up.

Just get over with it. Ironically you're the one with the negative energy.
Just enjoy that that cancer KP is gone, Randle is great and that the Knicks are the best team of all time. And enjoy that 23rd pick.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,404

Post#497 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:34 am

ibraheim718 wrote:The 6 game win streak New York is on consists of Ja Morant blowing a game winning bunny at the buzzer, Pascal Siakim traveling on a 3 on 1 fast break with the game tied, and Lonzo Ball and Eric Bledsoe being dumbasses.

I'll say it right here right now.. this Knicks team is garbage benefitting from a garbage regular season and they won't win a round in the playoffs.

Bump this ladies.

bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#498 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:37 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:The 6 game win streak New York is on consists of Ja Morant blowing a game winning bunny at the buzzer, Pascal Siakim traveling on a 3 on 1 fast break with the game tied, and Lonzo Ball and Eric Bledsoe being dumbasses.

I'll say it right here right now.. this Knicks team is garbage benefitting from a garbage regular season and they won't win a round in the playoffs.

Bump this ladies.

I'm wondering if you thought you proved a point?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,404

Post#499 » by ibraheim718 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:39 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Bump this ladies.

That bum ass overrated team was even more garbage than I thought.
bronxknicksfan1
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#500 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:41 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

That bum ass overrated team was even more garbage than I thought.

Didn't you jump on the Nets bandwagon? Go kiss ass over there :lol:

Return to The General Board