ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2

Moderators: ParticleMan, sully00, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, Froob

exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 7,505

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 2 

Post#1461 » by exculpatory » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:02 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
I’m on episode 5. Pretty damn good

Saw all 7 episodes.

Kate W is a truly remarkable actress.

One plot snafu in Episode 7 - anyone else pick it up?

Put it in a spoiler I prob did or will recognize it once u say it

I did.
Don’t read the spoiler until you have watched Episode 7.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 15,122

Post#1462 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:26 am

exculpatory wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
canman1971 wrote:I started it. Pretty good, got to finish it as some point.

I’m on episode 5. Pretty damn good

Saw all 7 episodes.

Kate W is a truly remarkable actress.

One plot snafu in Episode 7 - anyone else pick it up?

Spoiler:
The older man whose wife died in the car crash told Mare his gun was missing from the shed for 2 days before it reappeared. When the kid confesses to the cops, he says that he took the gun from the shed early in the evening & then returned the gun the very same night after he kills Erin.

Oh **** your right. Didn’t catch that. That’s a hole for sure
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,994

Post#1463 » by Ed Pinkney » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:45 am

canman1971 wrote:.

Hey mate, not sure if you are aware of his channel, but I thought you might be interested in Rick Beato's most recent Everything Music video, "What Makes This Song Great - Comfortably Numb".

canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 7,173

Post#1464 » by canman1971 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:13 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:

Hey mate, not sure if you are aware of his channel, but I thought you might be interested in Rick Beato's most recent Everything Music video, "What Makes This Song Great - Comfortably Numb".

Right on. I'll check it out. Thanks.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior
And1: 1,257

Post#1465 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:12 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:

Rick Beato and his channel are excellent. The What Makes This Song Great series are fantastic. Love the Led Zeppelin - Ramble On and The Cure - Just Like Heaven videos...
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,994

Post#1466 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:11 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Spoiler:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

Rick Beato and his channel are excellent. The What Makes This Song Great series are fantastic. Love the Led Zeppelin - Ramble On and The Cure - Just Like Heaven videos...

Agreed. He does a lot of pretty well known songs that your standard rock/metal fan would like, but then he does occasionally drop some slightly more obscure ones in there too. He did "What Makes This Song Great" episodes on two great Australian bands - Karnivool and Plini which were surprises to see. Plini is not going to be well known at all and is one of my favourite guitarists/bands from the last five years or so, so it was a trip when I saw it pop up on the channel.

I have almost no music theory knowledge, so when he gets in the weeds of scales, chords, diminished this, sus that, flat and major notes etc, I do get a little lost.

It's also a little sad he has stopped doing the "What Makes This Song Great" videos very often anymore, I think mainly because of all the problems he has had with copyright notices, monetisation issues etc from YouTube.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior
And1: 1,257

Post#1467 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:26 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Spoiler:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

Agreed. He does a lot of pretty well known songs that your standard rock/metal fan would like, but then he does occasionally drop some slightly more obscure ones in there too. He did "What Makes This Song Great" episodes on two great Australian bands - Karnivool and Plini which were surprises to see. Plini is not going to be well known at all and is one of my favourite guitarists/bands from the last five years or so, so it was a trip when I saw it pop up on the channel.

I have almost no music theory knowledge, so when he gets in the weeds of scales, chords, diminished this, sus that, flat and major notes etc, I do get a little lost.

It's also a little sad he has stopped doing the "What Makes This Song Great" videos very often anymore, I think mainly because of all the problems he has had with copyright notices, monetisation issues etc from YouTube.

Yeah I think that’s the main reason, he’s talked about the amount of effort that goes into those videos to then have them taken down is disheartening. I wouldn’t bother if I was in his shoes so I appreciate his effort. I wouldn’t call myself a musician at all but have done quite a lot of music production, mainly in the electronic styles to understand his videos in depth too. He really knows his **** and it’s refreshing that he doesn’t dumb things down too much.

I’m from Australia and haven’t heard of those bands so I’ll have to check them out for sure.
jmr07019
Head Coach
And1: 5,581

Post#1468 » by jmr07019 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:49 pm

I really enjoyed Jupiter’s Legacy on Netflix. Solid superhero action / suspense series. Lots of action in the first episode to draw you in followed by a bit of a slower plot development. I found the character of Chloe to be super hot. Elena Kampouris Is the actress’s name.
Show Love Spread Love
bucknersrevenge
Head Coach
And1: 8,168

Post#1469 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:42 am

jmr07019 wrote:I really enjoyed Jupiter’s Legacy on Netflix. Solid superhero action / suspense series. Lots of action in the first episode to draw you in followed by a bit of a slower plot development. I found the character of Chloe to be super hot. Elena Kampouris Is the actress’s name.

Apparently, you're one of few cuz it got cancelled already.
I am the RealGM President of the Tacko Fall fan club. Playa-hater, 31to6, thank you for having my back fam. I still say we haven't seen the last of Tacko.
jmr07019
Head Coach
And1: 5,581

Post#1470 » by jmr07019 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:23 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:I really enjoyed Jupiter’s Legacy on Netflix. Solid superhero action / suspense series. Lots of action in the first episode to draw you in followed by a bit of a slower plot development. I found the character of Chloe to be super hot. Elena Kampouris Is the actress’s name.

Apparently, you're one of few cuz it got cancelled already.

Well **** lol.
Show Love Spread Love
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,451

Post#1471 » by SuperDeluxe » Yesterday 10:31 pm

If you have 10 minutes to spare and are in need of a little pick-me-up, try this:

Return to Boston Celtics