ImageImageImage

Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall!

Moderators: The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, Froob, ParticleMan, sully00

cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,293
And1: 3,546
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#521 » by cloverleaf » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:16 am

Gant wrote:Adam Himmelsbach has just posted a great piece on on Tacko Fall, on the fascinating story of his journey to this point.


“I think that if we really wanted to tailor things over a long season for him, he could be even better,” Ainge said. “It would probably take a willingness to do that, because he does have some pronounced strengths that can be utilized to your advantage if we are willing to change some things for him.”



https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/08/17/foot-inch-celtic-tacko-fall-unlikely-journey-brink-nba/BrhV1zVTc2mTPc9WXLsgHP/story.html


Danny trying to talk Brad into adapting to Tacko's strengths?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 19,106
And1: 6,826
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#522 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:09 am

cloverleaf wrote:
Gant wrote:Adam Himmelsbach has just posted a great piece on on Tacko Fall, on the fascinating story of his journey to this point.


“I think that if we really wanted to tailor things over a long season for him, he could be even better,” Ainge said. “It would probably take a willingness to do that, because he does have some pronounced strengths that can be utilized to your advantage if we are willing to change some things for him.”



https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/08/17/foot-inch-celtic-tacko-fall-unlikely-journey-brink-nba/BrhV1zVTc2mTPc9WXLsgHP/story.html


Danny trying to talk Brad into adapting to Tacko's strengths?


I think it's more like Tacko working to get to a level where (in the Celtics' opinion) he deserves being adapted to.
User avatar
31to6
RealGM
Posts: 12,185
And1: 13,091
Joined: Nov 20, 2004
Location: all your picks

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#523 » by 31to6 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:16 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Gant wrote:Adam Himmelsbach has just posted a great piece on on Tacko Fall, on the fascinating story of his journey to this point.


“I think that if we really wanted to tailor things over a long season for him, he could be even better,” Ainge said. “It would probably take a willingness to do that, because he does have some pronounced strengths that can be utilized to your advantage if we are willing to change some things for him.”



https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/08/17/foot-inch-celtic-tacko-fall-unlikely-journey-brink-nba/BrhV1zVTc2mTPc9WXLsgHP/story.html


Danny trying to talk Brad into adapting to Tacko's strengths?


That quote is from Austin Ainge.
User avatar
GoCeltics123
General Manager
Posts: 8,893
And1: 12,826
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#524 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter
GET 'EM A BODY BAG KEMBA!!!! YEAHHHHHHH!!!

I lost the bet so I Hate Truth18
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,293
And1: 3,546
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#525 » by cloverleaf » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:18 pm

31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Gant wrote:Adam Himmelsbach has just posted a great piece on on Tacko Fall, on the fascinating story of his journey to this point.



https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/08/17/foot-inch-celtic-tacko-fall-unlikely-journey-brink-nba/BrhV1zVTc2mTPc9WXLsgHP/story.html


Danny trying to talk Brad into adapting to Tacko's strengths?


That quote is from Austin Ainge.


Thanks. And I am pretty sure the C's have never had a non-guaranteed guy make multiple featured community appearances like Tacko is doing just in this week.
captain green
Veteran
Posts: 2,599
And1: 1,022
Joined: Mar 04, 2009
Contact:
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#526 » by captain green » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Just saw on espn (yes I watch the little league world series ) that tacko if not signed by boston his agent said he definitely be claimed and Ramona (who is usually spot on agreed) said she could see a regular season roster spot for just the p.r. but added he can play. So I think a decision is soon to be made.
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
User avatar
Green89
RealGM
Posts: 18,873
And1: 15,807
Joined: Apr 01, 2013

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#527 » by Green89 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 pm

captain green wrote:Just saw on espn (yes I watch the little league world series ) that tacko if not signed by boston his agent said he definitely be claimed and Ramona (who is usually spot on agreed) said she could see a regular season roster spot for just the p.r. but added he can play. So I think a decision is soon to be made.


His agent is right. Tacko will make a squad if we don't take him. At this point, and considering the history of irrelevant guys we've retained in the past at the 14th or 15th spots, I see no reason against making him our 15th man.
User avatar
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,922
And1: 920
Joined: Nov 24, 2006

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#529 » by chakdaddy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 pm

Green89 wrote:
captain green wrote:Just saw on espn (yes I watch the little league world series ) that tacko if not signed by boston his agent said he definitely be claimed and Ramona (who is usually spot on agreed) said she could see a regular season roster spot for just the p.r. but added he can play. So I think a decision is soon to be made.


His agent is right. Tacko will make a squad if we don't take him. At this point, and considering the history of irrelevant guys we've retained in the past at the 14th or 15th spots, I see no reason against making him our 15th man.


Pretty sure he can be given a 2 way without being exposed to other teams. Not sure of long term salary cap ramifications. I bet he gets 2 way, converted to full late season with perhaps a small multiyear extension
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 23,853
And1: 22,456
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#530 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 am

chakdaddy wrote:
Green89 wrote:
captain green wrote:Just saw on espn (yes I watch the little league world series ) that tacko if not signed by boston his agent said he definitely be claimed and Ramona (who is usually spot on agreed) said she could see a regular season roster spot for just the p.r. but added he can play. So I think a decision is soon to be made.


His agent is right. Tacko will make a squad if we don't take him. At this point, and considering the history of irrelevant guys we've retained in the past at the 14th or 15th spots, I see no reason against making him our 15th man.


Pretty sure he can be given a 2 way without being exposed to other teams. Not sure of long term salary cap ramifications. I bet he gets 2 way, converted to full late season with perhaps a small multiyear extension

Exactly right on the Two-Way. And a Two-way doesn't count against the Cap.
“We’re building a culture of accountability, trust, and togetherness. Entitlement will not be tolerated”
– Brad Stevens
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
Analyst
Posts: 3,593
And1: 7,627
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#531 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:19 pm

Read on Twitter

TACKO TUESDAY, OTOH, is still available to trademark.
cloverleaf
Head Coach
Posts: 6,293
And1: 3,546
Joined: Feb 10, 2007

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#532 » by cloverleaf » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

TACKO TUESDAY, OTOH, is still available to trademark.


I don't see where James actually has made enough to separate his Taco Tuesday from everyone else's Taco Tuesday.

Tacko Tuesday, however, you are right -- is there for our tall fella to, well, grow into.
Roland2000
Sophomore
Posts: 157
And1: 196
Joined: Jun 30, 2017
 

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#533 » by Roland2000 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 pm

The guy's name is Tacko not Taco. It would be great actually if Lebron could get this trademark. I'm already tired of people endlessly associating tacos with Tacko Fall. Will this ever cease?
Tiny ball
Starter
Posts: 2,298
And1: 751
Joined: Jul 31, 2016
Location: Some island in Philippines
         

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#534 » by Tiny ball » Tue Sep 3, 2019 7:22 pm

Roland2000 wrote:The guy's name is Tacko not Taco. It would be great actually if Lebron could get this trademark. I'm already tired of people endlessly associating tacos with Tacko Fall. Will this ever cease?

I would guess thousands of restaurants around the USA do a Taco tuesday at some time. LJ shows some kind of super narsist behavior problem. Maybe a bit of shock therapy is in his future?
Should a man with this personality disorder be in control of great wealth? There must be homes or hospitals for such a sick man?
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 23,853
And1: 22,456
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#535 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 7:32 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Roland2000 wrote:The guy's name is Tacko not Taco. It would be great actually if Lebron could get this trademark. I'm already tired of people endlessly associating tacos with Tacko Fall. Will this ever cease?

I would guess thousands of restaurants around the USA do a Taco tuesday at some time. LJ shows some kind of super narsist behavior problem. Maybe a bit of shock therapy is in his future?
Should a man with this personality disorder be in control of great wealth? There must be homes or hospitals for such a sick man?

Please refrain from this kind of talk.
There are people who actually go through this kind of stuff.


~ Parl
“We’re building a culture of accountability, trust, and togetherness. Entitlement will not be tolerated”
– Brad Stevens

Return to Boston Celtics