ImageImageImage

Tacko Fall Signed to Two-Way (10-13-19)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#521 » by cloverleaf » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:16 am

Gant wrote:Adam Himmelsbach has just posted a great piece on on Tacko Fall, on the fascinating story of his journey to this point.

“I think that if we really wanted to tailor things over a long season for him, he could be even better,” Ainge said. “It would probably take a willingness to do that, because he does have some pronounced strengths that can be utilized to your advantage if we are willing to change some things for him.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/08/17/foot-inch-celtic-tacko-fall-unlikely-journey-brink-nba/BrhV1zVTc2mTPc9WXLsgHP/story.html

Danny trying to talk Brad into adapting to Tacko's strengths?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,528

Post#522 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:09 am

cloverleaf wrote:
Gant wrote:Adam Himmelsbach has just posted a great piece on on Tacko Fall, on the fascinating story of his journey to this point.

“I think that if we really wanted to tailor things over a long season for him, he could be even better,” Ainge said. “It would probably take a willingness to do that, because he does have some pronounced strengths that can be utilized to your advantage if we are willing to change some things for him.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2019/08/17/foot-inch-celtic-tacko-fall-unlikely-journey-brink-nba/BrhV1zVTc2mTPc9WXLsgHP/story.html

I think it's more like Tacko working to get to a level where (in the Celtics' opinion) he deserves being adapted to.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,790

Post#523 » by 31to6 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:16 pm

cloverleaf wrote:

That quote is from Austin Ainge.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,641

Post#524 » by GoCeltics123 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#525 » by cloverleaf » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:18 pm

31to6 wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

That quote is from Austin Ainge.

Thanks. And I am pretty sure the C's have never had a non-guaranteed guy make multiple featured community appearances like Tacko is doing just in this week.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#526 » by captain green » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Just saw on espn (yes I watch the little league world series ) that tacko if not signed by boston his agent said he definitely be claimed and Ramona (who is usually spot on agreed) said she could see a regular season roster spot for just the p.r. but added he can play. So I think a decision is soon to be made.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,600

Post#527 » by Green89 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:54 pm

captain green wrote:Just saw on espn (yes I watch the little league world series ) that tacko if not signed by boston his agent said he definitely be claimed and Ramona (who is usually spot on agreed) said she could see a regular season roster spot for just the p.r. but added he can play. So I think a decision is soon to be made.

His agent is right. Tacko will make a squad if we don't take him. At this point, and considering the history of irrelevant guys we've retained in the past at the 14th or 15th spots, I see no reason against making him our 15th man.
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,153

Post#529 » by chakdaddy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:37 pm

Green89 wrote:
captain green wrote:Just saw on espn (yes I watch the little league world series ) that tacko if not signed by boston his agent said he definitely be claimed and Ramona (who is usually spot on agreed) said she could see a regular season roster spot for just the p.r. but added he can play. So I think a decision is soon to be made.

His agent is right. Tacko will make a squad if we don't take him. At this point, and considering the history of irrelevant guys we've retained in the past at the 14th or 15th spots, I see no reason against making him our 15th man.

Pretty sure he can be given a 2 way without being exposed to other teams. Not sure of long term salary cap ramifications. I bet he gets 2 way, converted to full late season with perhaps a small multiyear extension
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,214

Post#530 » by Parliament10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:37 am

chakdaddy wrote:
Green89 wrote:

Pretty sure he can be given a 2 way without being exposed to other teams. Not sure of long term salary cap ramifications. I bet he gets 2 way, converted to full late season with perhaps a small multiyear extension

Exactly right on the Two-Way. And a Two-way doesn't count against the Cap.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,852

Post#531 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:19 pm

Read on Twitter

TACKO TUESDAY, OTOH, is still available to trademark.
cloverleaf
General Manager

Post#532 » by cloverleaf » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

TACKO TUESDAY, OTOH, is still available to trademark.

I don't see where James actually has made enough to separate his Taco Tuesday from everyone else's Taco Tuesday.

Tacko Tuesday, however, you are right -- is there for our tall fella to, well, grow into.
Roland2000
Sophomore
And1: 359

Post#533 » by Roland2000 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 pm

The guy's name is Tacko not Taco. It would be great actually if Lebron could get this trademark. I'm already tired of people endlessly associating tacos with Tacko Fall. Will this ever cease?
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#534 » by Tiny ball » Tue Sep 3, 2019 7:22 pm

Roland2000 wrote:The guy's name is Tacko not Taco. It would be great actually if Lebron could get this trademark. I'm already tired of people endlessly associating tacos with Tacko Fall. Will this ever cease?

I would guess thousands of restaurants around the USA do a Taco tuesday at some time. LJ shows some kind of super narsist behavior problem. Maybe a bit of shock therapy is in his future?
Should a man with this personality disorder be in control of great wealth? There must be homes or hospitals for such a sick man?
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#535 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 7:32 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
Roland2000 wrote:The guy's name is Tacko not Taco. It would be great actually if Lebron could get this trademark. I'm already tired of people endlessly associating tacos with Tacko Fall. Will this ever cease?

I would guess thousands of restaurants around the USA do a Taco tuesday at some time. LJ shows some kind of super narsist behavior problem. Maybe a bit of shock therapy is in his future?
Should a man with this personality disorder be in control of great wealth? There must be homes or hospitals for such a sick man?

Please refrain from this kind of talk.
There are people who actually go through this kind of stuff.

~ Parl
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
CeltsfaninDC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,335

Post#536 » by CeltsfaninDC » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,893

Post#537 » by Joshyjess » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm

To me, this is one of the easiest decisions any team can ever make - SIGN THE GUY!!!!
We aren't talking about signing a starter, we are talking about signing one of the guys who sits on the end of the bench. How many other 14th or 15th players on a team can generate this much publicity? How many other end of the roster players can sell more jerseys than some starters? How many other players can play for only a couple of minutes at the end of some games, and yet cause that much excitement and fan attention?
Tacko seems to have really embraced the Boston community, and it's obvious the Boston community has already embraced Tacko - So sign him already!!!!
Will he ever be an all-star? Who knows (probably not), but who cares???? If you can get a non-impact player to generate that much excitement and fan participation, you don't even think about whether you should sign him or not - you just do it!
He also has the potential to be something special. Like they say, you can't teach size.
So, Danny, if you are reading this (you never know), all I have to say is...
SIGN TACKO!!!!!!!!!!!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#538 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:04 pm

Joshyjess wrote:To me, this is one of the easiest decisions any team can ever make - SIGN THE GUY!!!!
We aren't talking about signing a starter, we are talking about signing one of the guys who sits on the end of the bench. How many other 14th or 15th players on a team can generate this much publicity? How many other end of the roster players can sell more jerseys than some starters? How many other players can play for only a couple of minutes at the end of some games, and yet cause that much excitement and fan attention?
Tacko seems to have really embraced the Boston community, and it's obvious the Boston community has already embraced Tacko - So sign him already!!!!
Will he ever be an all-star? Who knows (probably not), but who cares???? If you can get a non-impact player to generate that much excitement and fan participation, you don't even think about whether you should sign him or not - you just do it!
He also has the potential to be something special. Like they say, you can't teach size.
So, Danny, if you are reading this (you never know), all I have to say is...
SIGN TACKO!!!!!!!!!!!

This highlighted part sold me.
You have a Very Good point.

Sign Tacko!!!
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 87,852

Post#539 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:18 pm

For three years, I wished Al Horford to win an NBA title with the Boston Celtics. I no longer wish that. I have my reasons.

So now, I bestow that wish upon Tacko Fall. He's only 23. Beating Bill Russell's title count is still theoretically possible.
Big Joke Line
Sixth Man
And1: 1,692

Post#540 » by Big Joke Line » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:38 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:For three years, I wished Al Horford to win an NBA title with the Boston Celtics. I no longer wish that. I have my reasons.

Come on man, don’t leave us hanging.
Hey Man, nice shot!

Return to Boston Celtics