Goran Dragic, Bulls Agree To One-Year, $2.9M Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Goran Dragic, Bulls Agree To One-Year, $2.9M Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 3, 2022 7:32 pm

Goran Dragic and the Chicago Bulls have agreed to a one-year, $2.9 million deal.

Dragic finished last season with the Brooklyn Nets after he was traded by the Miami Heat to the Toronto Raptors as part of the Kyle Lowry trade.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Goran Dragic, Bulls Agree To One-Year, $2.9M Deal 

Post#2 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Jul 3, 2022 9:21 pm

Actual needle mover move for the bulls along with Drummond , galvanizes the roster well.
Pat Williams the biggest question mark on their starting lineup .
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#3 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Jul 4, 2022 1:39 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Actual needle mover move for the bulls along with Drummond , galvanizes the roster well.

Needle mover? I wonder did anyone see the same Goran Dragic I seen for the nets in the playoffs? He was the one who killed there momentum. Should've just played patty mills. Yall criticize coby white but 2022 Dragic is kinda awful. Idk if he struggled mostly due to not playing sitting on the raptors bench all year but he looked washed up to me. Maybe it was rust
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#4 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jul 4, 2022 1:53 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Actual needle mover move for the bulls along with Drummond , galvanizes the roster well.

Needle mover? I wonder did anyone see the same Goran Dragic I seen for the nets in the playoffs? He was the one who killed there momentum. Should've just played patty mills. Yall criticize coby white but 2022 Dragic is kinda awful. Idk if he struggled mostly due to not playing sitting on the raptors bench all year but he looked washed up to me. Maybe it was rust

No I don’t criticize Coby white , I know Donovan mid utilized the pointguard spot .
Dragic playoff numbers are actually decent for 19 minutes per game .
Way better than ayo , and dragic was actually a positive +\- as a starter and as a reserve,
Again better than ayo .

The bulls needed a backup pointguard and he galvanized the roster pretty well .
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#5 » by D21 » Mon Jul 4, 2022 2:38 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:Needle mover? I wonder did anyone see the same Goran Dragic I seen for the nets in the playoffs? He was the one who killed there momentum. Should've just played patty mills. Yall criticize coby white but 2022 Dragic is kinda awful. Idk if he struggled mostly due to not playing sitting on the raptors bench all year but he looked washed up to me. Maybe it was rust

It can happen by sequence, but from what I watched, it was not the case overall on the games.
Just checked, and Dragic had the second best Plus/Minus at +3 in 20 minutes, and the second best Net rating at +6.7pts per 100 possessions
Durant was last at -7.8 (but played 44 minutes) and had not the worst Net rating at -8.1pts per 100 possessions, thanks to Drummond being at -20.8 !!! (15 minutes per game, they were -6.3pts Plus/Minus)

Drummond was the one who killed the BKN, not Dragic.
You were just fooled by the fact that Drummond played with Dragic, or you watched Game3 only.

Game1 lost by 1pts (Drummond at -13, Dragic at +17)
Game2 lost by 7pts (Drummond at 0, Dragic at +1)
Game3 lost by 6pts (Drummond at -9, Dragic at -12)
Game4 lost by 4pts (Drummond at -3, Dragic at +6)
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#6 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jul 4, 2022 2:59 am

D21 wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:Needle mover? I wonder did anyone see the same Goran Dragic I seen for the nets in the playoffs? He was the one who killed there momentum. Should've just played patty mills. Yall criticize coby white but 2022 Dragic is kinda awful. Idk if he struggled mostly due to not playing sitting on the raptors bench all year but he looked washed up to me. Maybe it was rust

It can happen by sequence, but from what I watched, it was not the case overall on the games.
Just checked, and Dragic had the second best Plus/Minus at +3 in 20 minutes, and the second best Net rating at +6.7pts per 100 possessions
Durant was last at -7.8 (but played 44 minutes) and had not the worst Net rating at -8.1pts per 100 possessions, thanks to Drummond being at -20.8 !!! (15 minutes per game, they were -6.3pts Plus/Minus)

Drummond was the one who killed the BKN, not Dragic.
You were just fooled by the fact that Drummond played with Dragic, or you watched Game3 only.

Game1 lost by 1pts (Drummond at -13, Dragic at +17)
Game2 lost by 7pts (Drummond at 0, Dragic at +1)
Game3 lost by 6pts (Drummond at -9, Dragic at -12)
Game4 lost by 4pts (Drummond at -3, Dragic at +6)

Thanks for posting this. Positive play from a position of need can go a long way . By needle mover I don’t mean championship contention but at least sways or elevates a dipping stock .
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#7 » by LiSTWithLani » Mon Jul 4, 2022 11:35 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:

Raps fan, here to say that he is washed. If Luka didn't want him, especially after losing Brunson, why would anybody?
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#8 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jul 4, 2022 11:45 am

LiSTWithLani wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:

Raps fan, here to say that he is washed. If Luka didn't want him, especially after losing Brunson, why would anybody?

He played 90 minutes for the raptors so your account rather limited. Dallas was interested and dragic was a top target after they looked to add wing help .
Dallas wanted him but looking for wing help 1st . Nobody said Luka didn’t want him the rumor us actually the other way around , like people don’t want to play with Luka. Guess the Morse code didn’t reach all the way to Canadia.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#9 » by anatomicbomb » Mon Jul 4, 2022 7:48 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
LiSTWithLani wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:

He played 90 minutes for the raptors so your account rather limited. Dallas was interested and dragic was a top target after they looked to add wing help .
Dallas wanted him but looking for wing help 1st . Nobody said Luka didn’t want him the rumor us actually the other way around , like people don’t want to play with Luka. Guess the Morse code didn’t reach all the way to Canadia.

not sure where the tension is coming from here. nets and raptors' fans can pretty easily and consistently attest that dragic did not play well, and that THAT'S why he was getting limited minutes. he was genuinely bad. now, maybe that's related to his desire to not play for one or both franchises (i don't follow the nets closely, but his disdain for being on the raptors was readily apparent), but i guess we'll find out this year with chicago and can save any more weird animosity for another discussion.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#10 » by watpho71 » Tue Jul 5, 2022 3:18 am

This is a one year minimum deal, not much risk. He is insurance if Ball is not ready to start the season. When Ball is healthy I estimate Dosunmu, White and Caruso will enter games before Dragic.

Return to Wiretap Discussion