First Draft Of Next Season's Schedule Features Lakers-Mavs On Christmas Day

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

First Draft Of Next Season's Schedule Features Lakers-Mavs On Christmas Day 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:36 am

The Los Angeles Lakers are playing at the Dallas Mavericks on Christmas Day in the first draft of next season's schedule, sources told Marc Stein of Substack.

Stein adds that the schedule could still change before it's officially released, though the Christmas game usually holds. 

Via Marc Stein/Substack

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,804

Re: First Draft Of Next Season's Schedule Features Lakers-Mavs On Christmas Day 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:37 am

So everyone can focus on their families.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#3 » by Heat_team02 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:51 pm

I'm sure the Lakers & Mavs are thrilled about spending Christmas with their kids, family & dressing up as Santa. :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,662

Post#4 » by Zeno » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:57 pm

Setting a hard schedule for Christmas games in August makes zero sense. You could probably easily flex way more desirable games from those scheduled within a week of Christmas. They could set the games December 1st or so.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#5 » by deeps6x » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:55 pm

And the other six teams are?...

C'mon, nobody cares about LAL and old man river.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,119

Post#6 » by Plutonashfan » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:58 pm

Heat_team02 wrote:I'm sure the Lakers & Mavs are thrilled about spending Christmas with their kids, family & dressing up as Santa. :D

Yeah seems odd. Why not the Clips vs Lakers to reduce travel time and allow everyone time to spend with their families and friends. I hate load management but the NBA schedule is so bizarre when you look at. For example I remember the Cavs playing the Knicks, then traveling to Sacramento to play the Kings and then coming back to East Coast to play in New Jersey. WTF
The Champ is HERE!!!
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 100

Post#7 » by dubbmotta » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:26 pm

Should be Lakers vs Clippers
Knicks vs Nets

Or teams close to their homes so they can get back to Christmas with family.
kacey ring
Bench Warmer
And1: 723

Post#8 » by kacey ring » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:42 am

Plutonashfan wrote:
Heat_team02 wrote:I'm sure the Lakers & Mavs are thrilled about spending Christmas with their kids, family & dressing up as Santa. :D

Yeah seems odd. Why not the Clips vs Lakers to reduce travel time and allow everyone time to spend with their families and friends. I hate load management but the NBA schedule is so bizarre when you look at. For example I remember the Cavs playing the Knicks, then traveling to Sacramento to play the Kings and then coming back to East Coast to play in New Jersey. WTF

What year was that for the Cavs? Seems a little unusual
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#9 » by JordansBulls » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:56 am

dubbmotta wrote:Should be Lakers vs Clippers
Knicks vs Nets

Or teams close to their homes so they can get back to Christmas with family.

And Bulls/Bucks.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,960

Post#10 » by Cassius » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:01 am

Zeno wrote:Setting a hard schedule for Christmas games in August makes zero sense. You could probably easily flex way more desirable games from those scheduled within a week of Christmas. They could set the games December 1st or so.

It would be pretty brutal if you booked a vacation over the holidays, or were flying family into town, only to find out you're actually spending Christmas in Oklahoma City a few weeks before.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion