23-24 regular season  

Post#1 » by K_chile22 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:48 am

Figured I'd start one of these
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: 23-24 regular season  

Post#2 » by K_chile22 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:49 am

Silas has got to go. I've defended him because of the hand he was dealt but the team has not gotten any more organized throughout his three years here
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#3 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:51 am

K_chile22 wrote:Silas has got to go. I've defended him because of the hand he was dealt but the team has not gotten any more organized throughout his three years here

I think he gets another year given who the top prospect in the draft is so its probably partially management saying they want the top pick again. But if we don't get the top pick - Porter is not a PG and a turn over machine. Maybe if he slides to the wing it will boost his efficiency but I wish we'd stop putting him out there as a primary ball handler.

Was never a fan of the hire to begin with because if you have a young team and are building through the draft, a veteran coach to bring in discipline and act as a mentor is better to set a culture. Right now its ISO, shoot as many 3's as possible and play as little defense as possible. Could have just stuck with D'Antoni if that was the plan
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#4 » by YoungMoney23 » Fri Dec 9, 2022 3:25 am

Watching the Spurs game right now and both Green and Porter give you almost nothing when there shot isn't going. Going back to our best players over the past 20 years- T-Mac might be 5-15 but he'd get you 7 or 8 boards and like 10 assists and buckle down on defense, not saying he was lock down but you'd see his impact in other ways. Even Harden might be 5-20 some nights but he'd be pulling down rebounds and assists, like you would see lobs to Capela or the kick out on a drive to set up a wide open 3. So tired of watching Green and Porter just swing the ball around out on top
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,146

Post#5 » by Braggins » Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:47 pm

If you guys end up not picking top 2 I think Anthony Black would be an amazing pick for this team.
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#6 » by K_chile22 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:17 pm

Braggins wrote:If you guys end up not picking top 2 I think Anthony Black would be an amazing pick for this team.

as long as Amen is off the board I would be alright with it. This team does desperatly need a PG to push KPJ to high minute 6th man kind of role. I think there's a very good player in there but when he has too much responsibility it gets lost in all the and1 style dribbling shows. Not a coincedence they started playing better around when they started having Jalen bring the ball up more and KPJ playing off the ball
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#7 » by K_chile22 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm

Nothing crazy but TyTy got his first shot at backup PG last night and looked really good. 5 assists and no turnovers in just 12 minutes. Hope he keeps that spot because Nix was struggling
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#8 » by YoungMoney23 » Fri Jan 6, 2023 3:10 am

K_chile22 wrote:Nothing crazy but TyTy got his first shot at backup PG last night and looked really good. 5 assists and no turnovers in just 12 minutes. Hope he keeps that spot because Nix was struggling

Anything is better than the KPJ turnover fest at this point
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#9 » by YoungMoney23 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:40 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Braggins wrote:If you guys end up not picking top 2 I think Anthony Black would be an amazing pick for this team.

as long as Amen is off the board I would be alright with it. This team does desperatly need a PG to push KPJ to high minute 6th man kind of role. I think there's a very good player in there but when he has too much responsibility it gets lost in all the and1 style dribbling shows. Not a coincedence they started playing better around when they started having Jalen bring the ball up more and KPJ playing off the ball

Amen Thompson is a bad choice, dude can't shoot and we don't need more guys on this team who struggle with efficiency
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#10 » by K_chile22 » Mon May 29, 2023 11:06 pm

YoungMoney23 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:

Amen Thompson is a bad choice, dude can't shoot and we don't need more guys on this team who struggle with efficiency
As we've gotten closer to the draft and I've looked into these guys more I couldn't disagree more. Amen is really damn good. Young players are inefficient, I expect Green and Jabari to be efficient scorers in time and on a real team. Amen's passing, positional size and athleticism are legit special. He's 3rd on my board behind Vic and Scoot and closer to scoot at 2 than Miller at 4 for me
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#11 » by YoungMoney23 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:39 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:as long as Amen is off the board I would be alright with it. This team does desperatly need a PG to push KPJ to high minute 6th man kind of role. I think there's a very good player in there but when he has too much responsibility it gets lost in all the and1 style dribbling shows. Not a coincedence they started playing better around when they started having Jalen bring the ball up more and KPJ playing off the ball

As we've gotten closer to the draft and I've looked into these guys more I couldn't disagree more. Amen is really damn good. Young players are inefficient, I expect Green and Jabari to be efficient scorers in time and on a real team. Amen's passing, positional size and athleticism are legit special. He's 3rd on my board behind Vic and Scoot and closer to scoot at 2 than Miller at 4 for me

When you look at recent history, guards and wings without a jumper get less and less valuable. De'Aaron fox has developed into a good player but he's held back by his sub par 3 ball. I keep saying its part of the reason Donovan Mitchell doesn't have a ton of playoff success, when the game slows down and you need to bust open a defense, you need guys on the court who can knock down their open 3's in the modern NBA. Like even Westbrook at his peak made for great television but you could argue he is the weak link on the court in any game now. Sure he had that one game against Phoenix where his rebounding and defense were a difference maker but how'd that go over the rest of the series?
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#12 » by YoungMoney23 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:44 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:as long as Amen is off the board I would be alright with it. This team does desperatly need a PG to push KPJ to high minute 6th man kind of role. I think there's a very good player in there but when he has too much responsibility it gets lost in all the and1 style dribbling shows. Not a coincedence they started playing better around when they started having Jalen bring the ball up more and KPJ playing off the ball

Maybe Udoka will get these guys to play as more of a team. Silas seemed like a push over who just let them ISO whenever they wanted. Maybe that was management saying hey we are trying to lose here to get our draft picks back but this your turn, my turn offense between Green and KPJ and relegating smith to a spot up 3 point shooter was never going to work.

Return to Houston Rockets