All Elite Wrestling Discussion II

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,941

Re: All Elite Wrestling Discussion II 

Post#41 » by iMoreland » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:37 am

Right now is definitely the least interested I've ever been in AEW. CM Punk leaving is a gigantic loss. Omega needs to be back on TV. All the ROH stuff needs to go.

And there is so many titles. Who tf isn't a champion?
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#42 » by Lord Eder » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:09 pm

Omega is back at Full Gear.

Agreed about the ROH stuff though, it's really diluted the product. I'm hoping that once Tony gets ROH back on it's own footing the weekly cross promo stuff will stop. Once in a while is fine. Wardlow's TNT run is also where I think they've really **** the bed. So many guys he should've been in a program with Cage, Cass, Hobbs, Joe, Archer. Instead they had him squashing guys and messing around with Jay Lethal and now they're blowing their wad on Hobbs-Joe-Wardlow with pretty much no build.

I will say though, while Punk off TV sucks, MJF's ascencion and future run has been pretty compelling, to me at least. Similarly with The Acclaimed and the tag belts. I'd also say the women's division is the best it's been. Then with the Elite back I think we should see the trios division take off with a return from the House of Black as well.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#43 » by gambitx777 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:31 pm

Kenny can't save AEW. They work to reckless and have too many issues.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#44 » by tugs » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:57 pm

Am I the only one unimpressed with The Elite reveal for Full Gear? Could just had a pre-tape for them during the Death Triangle promo
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#45 » by Flames24Rulz » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:00 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:I’m also curious to see how this MJF stuff plays out at Full Gear. Does he win it clean and get the crowd on his side and go on a run as baby face champ? Or does he still weasel his way to get the belt and continue as a top heel.

I suppose either way, even if he wins clean he can go full insufferable heel, it just feels like he’s on the brink of a character change and will have the crowd behind him if he does it the right way.

My hope is he tries to win it clean, but there's a ref bump near the end of the match which leads Regal to come out with the brass knuckles. Regal turns around and hits Mox and ends up aligning with MJF as MJF wins the title.

There absolutely needs to be more MJF/Regal interactions going forward because they've all been gold so far.

Hey, I wasn't too far off.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#46 » by Lord Eder » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:36 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:I’m also curious to see how this MJF stuff plays out at Full Gear. Does he win it clean and get the crowd on his side and go on a run as baby face champ? Or does he still weasel his way to get the belt and continue as a top heel.

I suppose either way, even if he wins clean he can go full insufferable heel, it just feels like he’s on the brink of a character change and will have the crowd behind him if he does it the right way.

My hope is he tries to win it clean, but there's a ref bump near the end of the match which leads Regal to come out with the brass knuckles. Regal turns around and hits Mox and ends up aligning with MJF as MJF wins the title.

There absolutely needs to be more MJF/Regal interactions going forward because they've all been gold so far.

Hey, I wasn't too far off.

Pretty much bang on lol
- Chuck Swirsky
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,981

Post#47 » by daoneandonly » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:51 pm

That Regal Mox Danielson segment was gold
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#48 » by Lord Eder » Fri Dec 2, 2022 12:36 am

I gotta say, I feel like the two weeks since Full Gear have been underwhelming to say the least.

When the best of 7 between Death Triangle and The Elite was announced I thought it was a bit odd, but gave it a chance because they usually put on entertaining matches. I enjoyed the first two, but then yesterday when I looked at the card and saw Death Triangle vs The Elite AGAIN, and realized there were going to be 5 more of these I thought maybe this wasn’t a great idea. Seems like a waste of a spot for WEEKS. 2 hours of meaningful TV per week and we have nearly 1/4 of it allotted to the same 6 guys over and over, when you’ve got a roster full of talent that hasn’t had anything meaningful going on in forever. Give me some House of Black ffs. It just feels like a way to give Death Triangle a reasonable reign while ensuring the belts get back on to the Elite.

Also, waiting 2 weeks to hear from MJF after winning the title and him delivering that mediocre and drawn out promo also felt deflating

Speaking of deflating I’m also convinced Wardlow is dead in the water. Awful promo after Joe defended the TNT title.

Danielson continues to put on great matches but he just seems to have no real purpose right now, I know they’re building towards MJF-Danielson, but we know it’s just gonna be another loss for Bryan. He’d be better off running roughshod with the TNT belt as some kind of gatekeeper of professional wrestling standard. Ricky Starks already feels like an afterthought.

OC with the All-Atlantic and The Acclaimed seems to be the only thing they got going right now.

I just feel like with Royal Rumble and Road to WrestleMania around the corner, they really gotta get their **** together. Today, compared to this time last year seems night and day. WWE just seems to have much more compelling **** going on.
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#49 » by gambitx777 » Fri Dec 2, 2022 5:05 am

It's the same thing WWE gets **** for. Rematches for 7 weeks but it's ok cuz it's a best of 7 get out of here! That's just terrible and no one cares. The drama is gone we know it's gonna go to 7. So just have one match.

Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#50 » by Lord Eder » Thu Dec 8, 2022 1:27 am

God Damn Ricky Starks!
- Chuck Swirsky
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,981

Post#51 » by daoneandonly » Thu Dec 8, 2022 2:35 pm

Lord Eder wrote:God Damn Ricky Starks!

He's going to be a star. That promo segment was enjoyable
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#52 » by Lord Eder » Thu Dec 8, 2022 3:32 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:God Damn Ricky Starks!

He's going to be a star. That promo segment was enjoyable

They absolutely have to book these 2 long term. There's no way Ricky takes the belt off him next week, but this has to be a long term feud.
- Chuck Swirsky
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#53 » by Lord Eder » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:16 am

Jericho is such a pro, putting over future stars like Action Andretti. Moment in history.
- Chuck Swirsky
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#54 » by gambitx777 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:27 am

Lord Eder wrote:Jericho is such a pro, putting over future stars like Action Andretti. Moment in history.
That interview he did about it was stupid.

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#55 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:56 pm

The Mox and MJF Full Gear match was decent but a mess from a face/heel perspective and did neither favors.

Moxley's 3rd and 4th title runs were unnecessary. It could have easily just gone Punk reunifies title against Moxley ----> Punk gets suspended ------> MJF wins title on Grand Slam, then defends against healthy Page at Full Gear or something. Tony Khan clearly plans things out too far ahead of time and Punk injury and suspension messed him up like a quarterback who can.do the structured plays but struggles improvising out of the pocket. Now that things have settled down he will get down to normal business which is most likely MJF being champion for like 5-9 months and Danielson getting "his turn" for title run in 2023. But there is something rigid about this. Like I knew 2 years ago that MJF was going to be their around 5th or 6th guy to be champion, but I didn't know Reigns would have a 2.5 year title reign.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#56 » by heatwillbeback » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:52 am

Read on Twitter

Very sad news from AEW/ROH today. Car accident.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,941

Post#57 » by iMoreland » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:26 am

Miro hasn't wrestled on dynamite in 7 months. Wtf are they doing?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#58 » by WRau1 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:17 pm

Terrible news about Jay Briscoe. As someone w/ 2 daughters the exact same ages as Jay's, this is a tough one for me. I also own a private chauffeur business and the amount of times that I have to tell adults to put their **** seatbelt on is insane.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,359

Post#59 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:50 pm

Condolences to Jay Briscoe. Can't believe he's a year younger than me! I've been seeing him wrestle since 2006 when I started going to ROH events. Here in Chicago they used to run shows out of Chicago Ridge every other month!! And the Briscoe brothers stole the show every single time. They always stood out as having the best match of the night despite being on what was a loaded roster at the time with guys like Danielson, Joe, Steen, Generico(Sami Zayne) , Roderick Strong, Chris Hero, Tyler Black (Rollins) etc

RIP
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,026

Post#60 » by heatwillbeback » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:12 am

Jay Lethal was the right man for the job with Mark Briscoe. Both did fantastic in that match and segment.

Return to Pro Wrestling