If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,350

If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently 

Post#1 » by rocketsfan100 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 7:45 am

I would’ve gone

Mobley

Cade

Green

To me Mobley has enormous potential …Dude is already one of the most versatile defensive players in the game if not top 3 with Giannis and OG currently and hasn’t even scratched the surface. At 7 feet tall he can virtually guard every position on the floor.

On offense still is a tad raw but you can see the potential with his touch around the basket and can hit the mid range . Additionally he is an underrated passing big . His upside is off the charts
kiwinbafan05
Sophomore
And1: 449

Re: If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently 

Post#2 » by kiwinbafan05 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:20 am

1. Mobley
2. Barnes
3. Cade
4. Green
rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach

Re: If you could re do the Cade, Green and Mobley draft would you go differently 

Post#3 » by rocketsfan100 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:21 am

Yes forget about Barnes. True

Mobley
Barnes
Cade
Green

Sounds right
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,508

Post#4 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:28 am

Im not picking a big who can’t be a star on offense over two potential star perimeter players who can shoot, score and create on offense.

What’s Mobley’s ceiling Jaren Jackson Jr.?

You’re taking Jaren Jackson Jr. over two likely 25ppg guards?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
rocketsfan100
Assistant Coach

Post#5 » by rocketsfan100 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:32 am

76ciology wrote:Im not picking a big who can’t be a star on offense over two potential star perimeter players who can shoot, score and create on offense.

His Peake is a the best and most versatile defender in the nba with the potential to be a good multi time defensive player of the year . Jackson can hardly sniff that
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,508

Post#6 » by 76ciology » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:38 am

rocketsfan100 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Im not picking a big who can’t be a star on offense over two potential star perimeter players who can shoot, score and create on offense.

His Peake is a the best and most versatile defender in the nba with the potential to be a good multi time defensive player of the year . Jackson can hardly sniff that

I’d still pick 25ppg perimeter scorers over that. I’d then just surround them with less talented but still good defensive players

Take note that at some point you will have to max the guys you’ve mentioned. I’d rather distribute most of my cap space to my scorers then fill the roster with cheap defensive players.

Look at where Nerlens Noel is right now. Check how hyped he was during his rookie year.

Sixers got Paul Reed. Give him enough opportunity and you can say he is also one of the best and most versatile defenders in the league.

So are Jaden McDaniels or Herb Jones.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#7 » by BallerTalk » Thu Dec 1, 2022 8:40 am

1) Green
2) Mobley
3) Cunningham
4) Barnes
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,668

Post#8 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Dec 1, 2022 9:14 am

How is Mobley as a screen-setter?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,679

Post#9 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Dec 1, 2022 9:39 am

Mobley
Green
Barnes
Sengun
Cade

I personally see Mobley and Green as having the highest ceiling. It's still early for Cade of course but so far I like what I've seen from the others more.
AdamTH21
Senior
And1: 673

Post#10 » by AdamTH21 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 10:06 am

Franz Wagner deserves to be in this conversation.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,325

Post#11 » by Mr Peanut » Thu Dec 1, 2022 10:17 am

I can see the merit in considering Mobley given his size and two way talent, but I'm still going Cade.

Once he found his groove last season he averaged 21.1/5.7/6.5 on 46% shooting post all-star break. He didn't rush out the gate this year but clearly his shin injury had affected his play. I believe when he returns if he can eventually develop an above league average three point shot and starts getting to the line more then he'll get into that 25-27ppg range on good efficiency.

If you're picking first in the draft you're looking for a superstar that can:
1. Be the first option on offense
2. Make those around him better

I feel like Jalen Green can fulfil the first and Barnes and Mobley can cover the second but only Cade can do both.
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,250

Post#12 » by pr0wler » Thu Dec 1, 2022 11:13 am

1. Mobley - great versatile defender, decent on offense, scales well in almost any team as a ceiling raiser
2. Green - scoring machine, world class athlete. Potentially low BBIQ and defense, however
3. Wagner - alrdy efficient ~20 PPG scorer. A solid 6'10'' athlete with some point forward sills
4. Cade - not sold on his shooting or athleticism. Still solid potential, however
5. Barnes - great jack of all trades, master of none. Still not sure what position he is on offense, and his outside shot is still a work in progress.
jasonxxx102
Veteran
And1: 2,723

Post#13 » by jasonxxx102 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 11:22 am

Not surprisingly Mobley is a clear #1.

I’m taking Cade, Barnes, Giddey, Franz, maybe Sengun all over Green.

He’s not special
jasonxxx102
Veteran

Post#14 » by jasonxxx102 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 11:29 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:How is Mobley as a screen-setter?

Not great
jasonxxx102
Veteran

Post#15 » by jasonxxx102 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 11:35 am

If you have Jordan Clarkson as many shots as Green he’d average more points, let that sink in. Oh and he averages as many rebounds and more assists with a better ast/to ratio.

I don’t understand the infatuation with chuckers who don’t do anything else. Not to mention Green is one of the worst defenders in the NBA

“BUT HE TAKES A LOT OF SHOTS AND JUMPS HIGH!!!”
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,496

Post#16 » by Maverick41 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 12:02 pm

Imo in today's NBA, 2 way wings who can create for themselves AND for others are the most valuable. Especially in the playoffs. For that reason, I would still take Cade #1.
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#17 » by TheLand13 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 12:08 pm

Jaren Jackson Jr? Mobley's ceiling?

You might as well just outright state you're trolling at this point.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,668

Post#18 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Dec 1, 2022 12:08 pm

jasonxxx102 wrote:

Not great

That lowers my perception of his offensive upside. In general, it speaks negatively to his awareness. In particular, it's not good for his obvious role as a roll man.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
jasonxxx102
Veteran

Post#19 » by jasonxxx102 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 12:12 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
jasonxxx102 wrote:

Not great

That lowers my perception of his offensive upside. In general, it speaks negatively to his awareness. In particular, it's not good for his obvious role as a roll man.

Screening is something that can be learned over time. I don’t think it has anything to do with awareness, screening is almost entirely technique.
jasonxxx102
Veteran

Post#20 » by jasonxxx102 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 12:14 pm

TheLand13 wrote:

Jaren Jackson Jr? Mobley's ceiling?

You might as well just outright state you're trolling at this point.

He also said (unironically) that Paul Reed is one of the most versatile defenders in the NBA.

Return to The General Board