2023 trade deadline (February 9)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: 2023 trade deadline 

Post#41 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:19 am

SUPERVILLAIN wrote:Trade deadline is exactly a month away. It is going to be real interesting this time because the line between buyers and sellers are very blurry. Lots of teams with ugly win-loss record still have a decent shot to make the play-in. The playoffs/play-in race is super tight. So...

1. Who will be the buyers?
2. Who will be the sellers?
3. Who are the big names that will be traded?
4. Who's the best player that will be traded?

Lakers , heat , nets , (mavericks)?Suns , GSW are the main buyers

Sellers
Thunder , magic , rockets ,( pacers) ? Wizards
Biggest names Kuzma , Myles Turner , buddy Heild , Jae crowder , maybe ayton
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#42 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:20 am

CobraCommander wrote:Clippers need to do something...that’s an expensive star studded turd of a team...

I mean if they don’t trade pg or Kawhi . There’s zubac and that’s it
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,958

Post#43 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:29 am

G R E Y wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Haven't heard him in any trade rumours and while it's true just about no one is untradeable, a 1st for a back up would be a hard trade for the receiving team.

And unless we are blown away with the offer, I'd be surprised if we didn't keep the lone true PG we have on the roster, one we actually need as well.

Ya this is the one speed bump I can see with him getting delt. I dont see the Spurs really pushing to trade him, so I dont see a team being able to get a steal for him value wise. And I can easily see him being one of those guys where he's more valuable where he is at than on the trade market. Because is anything short of a first (obviously some kind of protection) going to be enough for the Spurs to deal him? Dont see it. Maybe giving back a young guy and a couple 2nds? Then on the flip side, is any team looking to be buyers willing to give that up for Tre?

Thats why my question kind of falls upon, do the Spurs like him at his current salary but not too interested in giving him a new contract after this year. So maybe looking to sell on him now.

I think we have more cap space than anyone, or are at least in the top three, so while re-signing Jakob is a priority, there's no reason we can't or shouldn't also re-sign Tre. Caveat, of course, is unless we get blown away with offers for either or both. They've both earned new contracts, however, and continuity with players who know our system will be all the more important with a top tier prospect(s) coming in. Plus, they both feel like such Spursy players...

It's really more the vets like JRich ($12.2M, expiring) and Doug (less likely given he has another year on his $13.75M contract; but that security itself may be appealing. Plus Doug also feels like a Spursy player, you know?). It wouldn't surprise me if one of our back up PFs were to be dealt, too. Just a hunch. I think at least a guard and a PF get traded, with mostly picks coming the other way.

Oh ya you guys definitely have the cap flexibility and its not like Tre is going to cost a pretty penny either haha. But ya just was curious because I have no clue what the plan is with that roster going forward and with his contract coming to and end, thought there could be a chance he might be moved.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,202

Post#44 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:42 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
SUPERVILLAIN wrote:Trade deadline is exactly a month away. It is going to be real interesting this time because the line between buyers and sellers are very blurry. Lots of teams with ugly win-loss record still have a decent shot to make the play-in. The playoffs/play-in race is super tight. So...

Sellers

Feels like Ayton can't wait to GTFO since he signed an offer sheet that was matched.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,544

Post#45 » by codydaze » Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:58 am

G R E Y wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
G R E Y wrote:Haven't heard him in any trade rumours and while it's true just about no one is untradeable, a 1st for a back up would be a hard trade for the receiving team.

And unless we are blown away with the offer, I'd be surprised if we didn't keep the lone true PG we have on the roster, one we actually need as well.

Ya this is the one speed bump I can see with him getting delt. I dont see the Spurs really pushing to trade him, so I dont see a team being able to get a steal for him value wise. And I can easily see him being one of those guys where he's more valuable where he is at than on the trade market. Because is anything short of a first (obviously some kind of protection) going to be enough for the Spurs to deal him? Dont see it. Maybe giving back a young guy and a couple 2nds? Then on the flip side, is any team looking to be buyers willing to give that up for Tre?

Thats why my question kind of falls upon, do the Spurs like him at his current salary but not too interested in giving him a new contract after this year. So maybe looking to sell on him now.

I think we have more cap space than anyone, or are at least in the top three, so while re-signing Jakob is a priority, there's no reason we can't or shouldn't also re-sign Tre. Caveat, of course, is unless we get blown away with offers for either or both. They've both earned new contracts, however, and continuity with players who know our system will be all the more important with a top tier prospect(s) coming in. Plus, they both feel like such Spursy players...

It's really more the vets like JRich ($12.2M, expiring) and Doug (less likely given he has another year on his $13.75M contract; but that security itself may be appealing. Plus Doug also feels like a Spursy player, you know?). It wouldn't surprise me if one of our back up PFs were to be dealt, too. Just a hunch. I think at least a guard and a PF get traded, with mostly picks coming the other way.

How about Zach Collins? Hoping the Kings can get in on a deal for Collins + either Dougie or JRich. I doubt you guys would want to take the extra year on Holmes deal but what would you be looking for in return on a package like that?
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#46 » by MindState » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:06 am

Warriors need to make moves. Wiseman, Moody, and filler like JMG need to be moved for a role-player who can provide something for them off the bench. Doesent have to be a big name, and could even be an expiring.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,202

Post#47 » by G R E Y » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:16 am

codydaze wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

How about Zach Collins? Hoping the Kings can get in on a deal for Collins + either Dougie or JRich. I doubt you guys would want to take the extra year on Holmes deal but what would you be looking for in return on a package like that?

Yeah there's been growing interest in Collins but I've mostly seen it on here from fans of other teams when we play them. Happy for him that his career is back on track. Not sure what Holmes' contract is like in comparison to that of Zach's, but it would most certainly involve picks. These are primary. If we get a player to make the deal work who we can release (like Gallo in the Murray deal) or have interest in taking a look at (like JRich and Langford in the White deal) so be it, but we won't take players instead of picks, but in addition to.

I know that we want a 1st for JRich and Doug, so that's a starting price FWIW.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,544

Post#48 » by codydaze » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:27 am

G R E Y wrote:
codydaze wrote:
G R E Y wrote:I think we have more cap space than anyone, or are at least in the top three, so while re-signing Jakob is a priority, there's no reason we can't or shouldn't also re-sign Tre. Caveat, of course, is unless we get blown away with offers for either or both. They've both earned new contracts, however, and continuity with players who know our system will be all the more important with a top tier prospect(s) coming in. Plus, they both feel like such Spursy players...

Yeah there's been growing interest in Collins but I've mostly seen it on here from fans of other teams when we play them. Happy for him that his career is back on track. Not sure what Holmes' contract is like in comparison to that of Zach's, but it would most certainly involve picks. These are primary. If we get a player to make the deal work who we can release (like Gallo in the Murray deal) or have interest in taking a look at (like JRich and Langford in the White deal) so be it, but we won't take players instead of picks, but in addition to.

I know that we want a 1st for JRich and Doug, so that's a starting price FWIW.

Good to know. We don't even have a first to give up with that Huerter deal so unless we get another team involved then we probably aren't trade partners.
TheLand13
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,533

Post#49 » by TheLand13 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:02 am

Cleveland will be doing everything in their power to address the wing department, they know that’s the one big weakness on their roster. Whether they’ll be able to make any actual moves remains to be seen.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#50 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:54 am

G R E Y wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

Sellers

Feels like Ayton can't wait to GTFO since he signed an offer sheet that was matched.

I’m shocked he even shows up
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,338

Post#51 » by djsunyc » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:58 am

with so many teams bunched up - i predict a quiet trade deadline as alot of teams will not be sure whether to add or subtract and prices will be too high.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#52 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:04 am

nuggets need find rim protector.....
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 6,363

Post#53 » by BigGargamel » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:06 am

Lakers are going to trade a 2047 unprotected pick for Luka, Jokic, Morant, Giannis, Taytum and Embiid. Obviously.
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 941

Post#54 » by rapluva » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:04 am

baldur wrote:Toronto
Portland
Utah
Indiana
Chicago

These teams are likely to make moves.

Nah..raps will sit quiet..maybe make a small trade..for bench replacements... OG..Pascal..Freddy.. Trent...Barnes..Precious..Delano..are going nowhere..
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 941

Post#55 » by rapluva » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:05 am

I can see the Bucks.. the Suns... the Nets...make a move..
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,438

Post#56 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:09 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:Clippers need to do something...that’s an expensive star studded turd of a team...

I mean if they don’t trade pg or Kawhi . There’s zubac and that’s it

They're totally gonna get Myles Turner for Zu and half a pack of chips
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,279

Post#57 » by celticfan42487 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:22 am

TheLand13 wrote:Cleveland will be doing everything in their power to address the wing department, they know that’s the one big weakness on their roster. Whether they’ll be able to make any actual moves remains to be seen.

I'm not sure if he is your typical wing player anymore but by CLE standards he's more than agile enough for the wing.

It seems like a first rounder for Jae to CLE is just a matter of waiting till the deadline and the Suns waiting to see if anyone else gets desperate to throw out more than that.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,080

Post#58 » by shangrila » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:50 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Lakers , heat , nets , (mavericks)?Suns , GSW are the main buyers

Sellers

I’m shocked he even shows up

I assume his love of money overrides his hatred for the Suns.
Kobe187
Starter
And1: 1,910

Post#59 » by Kobe187 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:21 am

Clippers & Warriors need a big.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,660

Post#60 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:24 am

Toronto not moving OG, Siakam, Barnes.

Unlikely Fred gets moved at deadline either.

Trent whos been real good as of late and pending UFA is likely the one that gets dealt. Sellers market with 20 teams looking to buy. Masai knows what to do.

Return to The General Board